• Hillary
    The Russian people should be in complete revolution right now.universeness

Between the "should be" and "how it is" there lays the unbridgeable gap of reality.
  • universeness
    Short & sweet lectures. Just the kind of education that fits in my schedule.Agent Smith

:halo: You are being evasive Agent Smith but perhaps you want to maintain the mystery.
    The questions remain! Why French phrases in particular, why so much Latin and why the odd inclusion of sometimes seemingly random maths symbols. I suspect it's probably just that you know a lot of French and Latin and possibly maths as well but its fun to ask for confirmation anyway. I also respect the individual need to maintain mystique. c'est la vie, vive la différence, Non est bonum.
    ∑ ∞ + ∞! = ∞
  • universeness
    The whole point being of course if your "Universe", and the means investigating it, is a fantasy just as well. If people wanna base their lives on a "Universe" fantasy while trying to get to know all infinite aspects of it, thereby forcing Nature into all kinds of unnatural postures its up to them just as much as it up to the people if they wanna life life based on a God fantasy and gaining knowledge of Nature as it is, with no nightmare dreams of omnipotency or eternal life, and children should be offered all views in growing up, because if not, your society is closed and unfree, and we see what chaos that has caused in the modern day and since science and technology were introduced in old Greece the world has become not a better place but a worse place, that just can't be denied, which makes me conclude that cience and "the Universe" is just one myth amongst many and Mill already told us that in the freemarket of ideas the exclusion of many in the favor of the One is bad.

In one sentence! So is it not upto the children to decide instead of us telling them what is fact?
    Hillary

I suggest you read this back to yourself and rewrite it. I read it twice and gained little idea of the main point you are trying to make. The last sentence about children suggests you want to 'TELL THEM what is fact yet you insist earlier that "children should be offered all views in growing up, because if not, your society is closed and unfree.' Surely you see the contradiction.
  • Hillary
    @universeness

I was expecting you! "It's already eleven. Where's brother Uni? Fuck! Didn't mum open the washing machine?"
  • universeness
    Between the "should be" and "how it is" there lays the unbridgeable gap of realityHillary

I dont agree with 'unbridgeable.'
  • Hillary

Damned, it's not one sentence but Ill try again.

The whole point being of course is that your "Universe", and the means investigating it, is a fantasy just as well, and if people wanna base their lives on a "Universe" fantasy while trying to get to know all infinite aspects of it, thereby forcing Nature into all kinds of unnatural postures its up to them just as much as it up to the people if they wanna life life based on a God fantasy and gaining knowledge of Nature as it is, with no nightmare dreams of omnipotency or eternal life, and children should be offered all views in growing up, because if not, your society is closed and unfree, and we see what chaos that has caused in the modern day and since science and technology were introduced in old Greece the world has become not a better place but a worse place, that just can't be denied, which makes me conclude that cience and "the Universe" is just one myth amongst many and Mill already told us that in the freemarket of ideas the exclusion of many in the favor of the One is bad.[/quote]
  • Hillary
    I dont agree with 'unbridgeable.'universeness

That gap only is closed when we all think alike.
  • universeness
    I was expecting you! "It's already eleven. Where's brother Uni? Fuck! Didn't mum open the washing machine?Hillary

I was working in my lab, building the first atheist transhuman. Our imagined mother was killed by an atheist/theist hydra monster sent by the imagined Hypnos and Thanatos, many centuries ago and you know that so I don't know why you would bring this up again! :cry: :broken:
  • Hillary
    The last sentence about children suggests you want to 'TELL THEM what is factuniverseness

So is it not upto the children to decide instead of us telling them what is fact?Hillary

Good point! A not too many. It is up to the children

I was working in my lab, building the first atheist transhuman. Our imagined mother was killed by an atheist/theist hydra monster sent by the imagined Hypnos and Thanatos, many centuries ago and you know that so I don't know why you would bring this up againuniverseness

:lol:

Good lord...
  • universeness
    The whole point being of course is that your "Universe", and the means investigating it, is a fantasy just as wellHillary

Let's try with just your first sentence here! What evidence are you basing this statement on?
  • universeness
    That gap only is closed when we all think alikeHillary

No, we don't all need to think alike, that sounds like automatons. We just have to obtain a majority agreement and then be willing to act. Groups of Russians should currently be in armed revolt at the moment. I think it would be horrific for them but I think many of their police and soldiers would soon join an uprising. They did it before, unfortunately they put a complete dipshit in power (Boris Yeltsin.)
    They need to rise up again and destroy Putin.
  • universeness
    Good lord...Hillary

Hah! he is f****** useless, nothing good about him. I would be successful in my lab work if I had better computer chips! Electronic computing systems are just not up to it. You don't know where I could get some futuristic bio chips from do you?
    Did that dumb British honours system make that nonexistent pratt a Lord?? :chin:
  • Hillary
    No, we don't all need to think alike, that sounds like automatons. We just have to obtain a majority agreement and then be willing to act. Groups of Russians should currently be in armed revolt at the moment. I think it would be horrific for them but I think many of their police and soldiers would soon join an uprising. They did it before, unfortunately they put a complete dipshit in power (Boris Yeltsin.)
    They need to rise up again and destroy Putin.
    universeness

I agree they should do that. And suppose they did. And a new authority settles. What then? Power corrupts, mr. Universe!

Let's try with just your first sentence here! What evidence are you basing this statement on?universeness

"The Universe" as you call it, stands on equal footing with "the gods". "The Universe" (note that you write it with a Capital U as in God with capital G), is a fantasy. You can see it, touch it, measure it, interfere with it, rearrange it, fly into, or whatever, but that's not the only measure of truth. Maybe these are signs of something being Unreal and a distraction from the truth. I believe in the universe too, as you know, but still consider it a story like the gods. They are equally real to me. One doesn't exclude the other. Now there might not be much difference between a heaven with eternal divine life and an eternal universe with the same life coming into existence after every bang. The difference is though that a dead universe is not intelligent enough to create itself. That's what cosmologists want you to believe so they can sublimize their theoretical musings. The basic ingredients logically have to be created by gods.
189101112Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.