• universeness
    "The Dark Solution" by Ninja Quark!Hillary

I would buy it. :razz:

that guy Putin sounds like he actually wanna use nukes!Hillary

I agree but do the ones around him wanna die too? and their families and everyone important to them.
    That's what Mutually Assured Destruction entails but they could end up causing it by accident, because of their stupid brinksmanship. They play with fire and everyone gets burned. If we came into existence by accident maybe it's ironic that we may go out of existence by accident.
    If we do avoid destruction via Putin's perilous petulance then perhaps we will all finally understand that autocracies cannot be allowed, ANYWHERE on the planet!
  • Vincent
    I'm glad you understand me and agree. Many don't understand what I mean. You can also answer me in 'worldpeace' and join the discussion.
    I am convinced that abolishing money is 'the' solution. That will of course create a lot of chaos in the beginning. But in the long run, that will be the solution to all our problems. And if a WW3 is soon to start, then 'money' will no longer have any value. So the money has been abolished anyway. Money is the biggest barrier there is and when it disappears, anything is possible. But people are used to using 'money' and can't live without it. So there will have to arise a leader who will lead us to a money-free world.
  • universeness
    universeness and me already have had the pleasure of meeting. We have a MAD relation! Without the D!Hillary

If we had the same mother, she really would have been a terror!
  • Hillary
    If we had the same mother, she really would have been a terror!universeness

Her life would be f***ed! :lol:

"Quark, have you seen Uni?" "Yes mum, he sat crying in the washing machine, so I closed the door. The program must be done now. I put it on 90 degrees, to be sure..."
  • universeness
    You can also answer me in 'worldpeace' and join the discussion.Vincent

Thanks for the invite but I have typed my fingers raw regarding my political beliefs.
    I can only offer this forum repeats on things I have typed before regarding politics.
    It's better if new voices like yours are aired, delivering a similar message.
    I would prefer it without the rather bizarre connections you make with the god label etc but
    as I said. The points you make maybe just 'fogged in translation.'
    You suggest 'god' exists and then connect it with 'an advanced alien race,' and then you suggest we could become gods and then you say you hate gods and then......
    I like and understand your politics as you describe them but I think your worldview and your view of impending doom and an almost instant phoenix style rebirth into a glorious transhuman future etc, is unlikely, to say the least.
  • Vincent
    Everyone has their own choice and conviction. I plan to post regularly on this forum. I hope you also check back every now and then and follow up on what's happening. We may have different opinions, but that doesn't mean we're 'enemies' or something.
    I am convinced that WW3 can start any moment and we will then 'mutate' to transhuman etc
  • universeness
    So there will have to arise a leader who will lead us to a money-free world.Vincent

No no more 'leaders'. We all need to cooperate. OF the people! BY the people and FOR the people.
    Not the rule of the few over the majority. No leaders of any significant power. Power rests with the people. Layered representative elected groups with powerful checks and balances. No total government control over the military. No autocracies/plutocracies/aristocracies/cults of personality/cults of religion/cults of celebrity and yes no currencies.
    Humanism all the way. No nurturing of profits only the nurture of people and the flora, fauna and ecology of the Earth.
  • Vincent
    No no more 'leaders'. We all need to cooperate.universeness

You should read my blog. I think there will be a leader emerging soon. This leader will stand up for the people and let the people decide. And will guide them to this freedom
  • universeness
    We may have different opinions, but that doesn't mean we're 'enemies' or something.Vincent

I agree.

I am convinced that WW3 can start any moment and we will then 'mutate' to transhuman etcVincent

Yeah it could, if all the Russians are happy to die over little Ukraine (no insult to Ukraine intended) and if that is the case then we all f****** deserve it. So don't let fear fester, remain hopeful that there are enough sane people around all the nefarious ones in power to prevent M.A.D.
    Your last comment of "we will then 'mutate' to transhuman" does leave me with the feeling that you may well be slightly mad!!
  • Hillary
    Your last comment of "we will then 'mutate' to transhuman" does leave me with the feeling that you may well be slightly mad!!universeness

He's right though! For sure the radioactivity will induce mutations!
  • universeness
    You should read my blog. I think there will be a leader emerging soon. This leader will stand up for the people and let the people decide. And will guide them to this freedomVincent

I did read most of it. You don't want my opinion on it as It would most likely offend you.
    Your words are similar to those biblical words about a coming Messiah.
    It's total BS in my opinion and seems so disjointed with the political viewpoints you have stated.
    I don't mean to be mean to you but If I don't tell you what I really think of some of your viewpoints then I would be a fake!
  • Vincent
    Your last comment of "we will then 'mutate' to transhuman" does leave me with the feeling that you may well be slightly mad!!universeness

:halo: Yes I am mad. How else can I support another world war. You have to be a little crazy to stand up for humanity. But that doesn't mean I'm a "bad" person. I'm good to everyone. Or almost everyone. I'm just trying to warn as many people as possible that the "end" is near. And that the 'end' is just a new beginning in a different form
  • universeness
    I'm just trying to warn as many people as possible that the "end" is near.Vincent

The internet version of the old sandwich board with 'the end is nigh,' painted on it. :roll:
    Oh well, at least you, @Hillary and I can each wear some interesting hats and join Alice at the Tea party before the boom boom.
  • Vincent
    Your words are similar to those biblical words about a coming Messiah.
    It's total BS in my opinion and seems so disjointed with the political viewpoints you have stated.
    I don't mean to be mean to you but If I don't tell you what I really think of some of your viewpoints then I would be a fake!
    universeness

You don't have to say your opinion, but you are allowed to. I'm just used to being called an idiot or a mental patient or something. I know there are a lot of untruths in it, but I'm not giving up.
  • universeness

I am sure some folks felt the same way as you do now during the Cuban missile crisis.
    Keep believing in the sanity of the human race not its capability to be a little or even a lot, insane.
  • Hillary

Still... There are about 10 000 active nuclear warheads scattered over the world. Whatever MAD entails, the laws of chance are such that they will one day be employed. And I'm sure so-called patriots won't hesitate to use them. WTF do you and I or Vincent have to do with the power quarrels of a few?
  • universeness
    I'm just used to being called an idiot or a mental patient or something.Vincent

We all need to communicate with each other more!
    Many people feel lost, in the same way you probably do at times.
    Perhaps a site like this one can help.
    More people should start a thread about the philosophy of the human struggle for mental stability.
    Mental struggles SHOULD NOT AND MUST NOT be a voodoo subject that we are all ashamed to talk about or be honest about. Most of the philosophers are painted as slightly mad.
    I do believe that shared problems are reduced problems.
    Threads like 'was Nietzche actually mad,' may let people discuss their own personal struggles.
    Very few people are actual idiots they have just not received much help or care in their lives.
  • Hillary
    No autocracies/plutocracies/aristocracies/cults of personality/cults of religion/cults of celebrity and yes no currencies.
    Humanism all the way. No nurturing of profits only the nurture of people and the flora, fauna and ecology of the Earth.
    29m
    universeness

Religion could actually play a role here. I we teach the children nature is a divine gift, a divine creation, they think twice before engaging against it. Not with hell threatening but just because it is a gift.
  • universeness
    Still... There are about 10 000 active nuclear warheads scattered over the world. Whatever MAD entails, the laws of chance are such that they will one day be employed. And I'm sure so-called patriots won't hesitate to use them. WTF do you and I or Vincent have to do with the power quarrels of a fewHillary

Oh, we just have to accept labels such as 'unfortunate innocent bystander,' or 'victim' etc.
    But we don't have to be as passive as the majority of the population are. If you can become more of an activist you should. That's what this current crisis is showing all of us.
    If you ignore what's happening elsewhere and to others then it won't be so long until the boom boom knock on every door on the planet.
    How close do we have to get before we learn? If we lean too far we will fall over the precipice.
    And if that happens then in truth, none of us were innocent bystanders because we all let it happen.
    The Russian people should be in complete revolution right now.
  • universeness
    Religion could actually play a role here. I we teach the children nature is a divine gift, a divine creation, they think twice before engaging against it. Not with hell threatening but just because it is a gift.Hillary

Nice try :naughty:
    We need to show more respect to children. Nurture their imagination and their playful fantasies, yes, but never suggest such fantasies are fact!
  • Vincent
    Actually you are right. I've been alone (without help) for two years. I just need a little contact. That's why I'm here. I don't always feel good.
    I am a thinker in search of the truth. I never went to school and didn't learn to be realistic. I'm not the smartest either. I'm a little mad, always has been. But that doesn't mean I'm telling the truth. Or at least what I think is the truth. But because everyone calls me mad or unfit, I feel a little losing control of myself.
    I have a feeling we're going to have a really bad time. And by that I mean everyone on Earth. And if you follow the evidence, I might be right. I normally like to be right, but in this case it shouldn't be. But if what I think is really going to happen is going to happen, then we're all in big trouble.
  • universeness
    Actually you are right. I've been alone (without help) for two years.Vincent

For a thinker, this is the same as two years of solitary confinement in prison.
    If you are 'trapped,' then you need to make changes. Not necessarily big changes.
    Small incremental changes. Just to gently nudge yourself towards a happier life.
    Even volunteer work to help others can be very very rewarding.
    letting your fears fester is exactly like an unattended pressure build-up.
    It will explode.
    Since I retired I have taken up many hobbies. I have no wife or children but I live a very fulfilled life.
    You say you have a limited school-based education. What about studying a subject that interests you the most? Studying it from scratch, would that not be a way forward?
  • Agent Smith
    Point made, point taken. The world is, I hope/suspect, big enough to accommodate our two divergent viewpoints.
  • universeness
    Point made, point taken. The world is, I hope/suspect, big enough to accommodate our two divergent viewpointsAgent Smith

:rofl: I had to go back to p8 of this thread to find out what we were discussing Agent Smith.
    I assume this is your response to my response regarding 'playing possum.'
    The fact that our viewpoints often diverge is a great relief for the Universe I think.
    I was watching the boxset I have of Star Trek 'Enterprise,' last night and the medical doctor character called flox asked the Vulcan Tpol to remind him of that famous Vulcan maxim regarding diversity.
    She said 'Infinite diversity in Infinite combinations.' I have always liked those words. I prefer to replace the word infinite with vast as I don't think infinite exists in reality.
    So yes, I agree not only can the world accommodate our diverse/diverging viewpoints, it needs them as these are evidence of true individual consciousness. It's for others to decide what they most agree with and hence we can arrive at reasoned, debated, rational, majority decisions, before action is taken.
    Yeah, I know it rarely works out that way! But as long as at least two humans remain in existence, we will forever try I suspect.
  • Agent Smith
    Magnifique!

I wish it were all subjective.

3, w, m, ɛ.
  • universeness
    Magnifique!

I wish it were all subjective.

3, w, m, ɛ
    Agent Smith

I find your use of little bits of French, a fairly large amount of Latin and the odd bit of 'random code?'
    intriguing. Random to me of course, I assume it has significant meaning once understood
    or revealed. :smile:
  • Agent Smith
    I cite TikTok! :smile:
  • universeness
    I cite TikTok!Agent Smith

Ok, I'll bite, why Tik Tok?
  • Agent Smith
    Ok, I'll bite, why Tik Tok?universeness

Short & sweet lectures. Just the kind of education that fits in my schedule.
  • Hillary
    We need to show more respect to children. Nurture their imagination and their playful fantasies, yes, but never suggest such fantasies are fact!universeness

The whole point being of course if your "Universe", and the means investigating it, is a fantasy just as well. If people wanna base their lives on a "Universe" fantasy while trying to get to know all infinite aspects of it, thereby forcing Nature into all kinds of unnatural postures its up to them just as much as it up to the people if they wanna life life based on a God fantasy and gaining knowledge of Nature as it is, with no nightmare dreams of omnipotency or eternal life, and children should be offered all views in growing up, because if not, your society is closed and unfree, and we see what chaos that has caused in the modern day and since science and technology were introduced in old Greece the world has become not a better place but a worse place, that just can't be denied, which makes me conclude that cience and "the Universe" is just one myth amongst many and Mill already told us that in the freemarket of ideas the exclusion of many in the favor of the One is bad.

In one sentence! So is it not upto the children to decide instead of us telling them what is fact?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.