• Michael
    How To Drive A Tank: And other everyday tips for the modern gentleman, Frank Coles
    The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists, Neil Strauss
  • BitconnectCarlos
    I recently finished Arendt's Eichmann in Jerusalem which was amazing. I remember for some reason in college I brushed off Arendt for one reason or another, but I clearly made a mistake there. The conclusions she draws are certainly provocative, but people misinterpret them all the time and it's made Arendt a bit of a black sheep in the Jewish community.

Other books/essays that had an effect were Henry Kissinger's Diplomacy (in regard to international relations) and Anscombe's War and Murder along with many other of her essays. Also all 3 volumes of Andreas Antonopolous' The Internet of Money which is a collection of his talks on digital money and modern economies.
  • BitconnectCarlos
    The Game: Penetrating the Secret Society of Pickup Artists, Neil StraussMichael

Yeah I was going to put this one on my list too but I thought it would be too obvious. It's just become such a universal staple in the field so why even mention it anymore?
  • frank
    Man's Search for Meaning -- Victor Frankl
  • BitconnectCarlos

Oh this one is one of my favorites too -- I forgot about it! Incredible book.
  • frank

I think about what he said several times a year, every year.
  • frank
    How can a singular superlative be a list?Mww

It's a list of letters.
  • Mww

Man, I could have sooo much fun with that......

L
    E
    T
    T
    E
    R
    S

Sorry. I just had to, doncha know.
  • frank

That's an excellent list.
  • Manuel

Barth's mega novel?

Damn, there's A LOT of work to do before reading that. That's something I'll have to read sometime in the future, looks very interesting.
  • Mww

Hmmm.....I don’t know Barth. Still, for me at least, “most influential” isn’t going to be a book anyway, but a “most influential” book isn’t going to be a novel.
  • Janus
    The book of nature.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.