• nickK
    Im moving to alaska for the summer. Ill be driving there It'll take about 2 and 1/2 days much of that time will be spent outside of cell service. also once I get to alaska much of my time will be spent out of cell service. I would like to download a bunch of lectures and books on tape so I have something to listen to while driving and when I get to the desolation of alaska aswell. I would really like to get some Alan Watts, Ram Dass and Carl Sagan. I looked at the Alan Watts website and found the collection of all his lectures for $380. Currently while planning a road trip to alaska that is simply not in my budget haha. I would love to buy them and actually pay for the lectures but for now im forced to find an alternate route. If anyone has any ideas on how I can find lectures and or books on tape by any of those people I listed I would love to hear it. Preferrably in a format that can fit on my I phone and doesnt need cell service to run. On my phone will be easier while driving but If i must Listen from my laptop that is an option. Thank you for any help or advice! Its gonna be a long adventure and I would love some contemplative lectures to listen to while on the road!
  • Sir2u
    There are several sources you can try if you are not overly worried about pirate stuff. PM if you are interested. :halo:
  • andrewk
    The Alan Watts website makes one part-lecture of about 15 minutes available per week, available as a free podcast through podcasting services. You can set a diary entry to check each week to see if a new one is up and download it if there is one. That way you should be able to accumulate several of his full talks for no cost between now and when you have to go away.
  • Rich
    I believe YouTube Red permits downloads and there is all the stuff you can possibly want on YouTube. Do you have SD storage on your phone?

Another possibility is that your current or future public library system may have access to digitized books which you could download on a periodic basis.
  • Hanover
    Into the Wild is a really good book about traveling to Alaska.

https://www.amazon.com/Into-Wild-Jon-Krakauer/dp/0385486804
  • JJJJS

watch this series before you go and... *spoiler*
    Reveal
    they get to Alaska in season 5
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.