• NOS4A2

Ok, a YouTube video from the same guy. So no mass media or anything. It almost has 100,000 views since 2020, which isn’t bad I guess.
  • Michael

So an official Trump campaign video posted by the official Trump YouTube account isn't a valid example of propaganda against Joe Biden and the Democrats? :brow:
  • NOS4A2

The sheer number of moral entrepreneurs promoting the anti-Trump cause, along with the combined efforts of the press, makes the moral panic arise in one and not the other.

Can you find any newspapers magazines or documentaries comparing Biden to Hitler for example? Or anything else outside of campaign propaganda?
  • Michael
    Can you find any newspapers magazines or documentaries comparing Biden to Hitler for example?NOS4A2

Kilmeade says Biden went ‘full Hitler’

Tulsi Gabbard says Biden, Democrats share same ‘core principles’ as Hitler

But also, when you have Trump's social media account post[ing] video referencing ‘unified Reich’ if re-elected, it's hardly surprising that people will respond accordingly.
  • NOS4A2

So it isn’t really comparable at all. Just some comments.
  • NOS4A2

I appreciate it, but there isn’t much to this both-sideism. There are close to 8 years worth of anti-Trumpism propaganda to peruse, but just a speech or Fox News segment on the other hand.
  • RogueAI

"In addition to the QAnon-adjacent posts, Trump shared several conspiracy theories Tuesday on his Truth Social site and he re-posted a picture of Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, with the words “Your enemy is not in Russia” written in black bars over their eyes."
    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-shares-barrage-qanon-content-conspiracy-theories-social-media-pl-rcna45465

And then there's Qanon and Alex Jones. Remember the pizzagate shooter?
  • NOS4A2

It’s just not as prevalent as the BlueAnon assassination-prepping we’ve received over the last few years regarding the second coming of Hitler.
  • RogueAI
    Both sides have claimed over and over again their opponent is an existential threat. And this Republican nutjob apparently decided to do something about it.
  • NOS4A2

One side has done so with much greater frequency.

His party affiliation means little, especially when he donated to ActBlue, according to FEC filings. We all remember when Dems were switching to GOP to vote for Nikki Haley in the primaries. Either way, as groups like The Lincoln Project show, anti-Trumpism is a bipartisan moral panic, not limited to any one party.
  • Hanover
    You know how some people can say they remember in vivid detail where they were and what they were doing when they heard JFK got shot?

I totally get it. I can remember when Trump got shot like it was yesterday.
  • tim wood
    I'll opine about he shooter, based on very little evidence. A recent high-school graduate from small-town Pennsylvania a few miles from Pittsburgh, a registered Republican in the heart of republican country. But a smart kid. To be brief, he probably drank a lot of the Republican Kool-aid but couldn't handle the lies. That is, the cognitive dissonance of Republican rhetoric destroyed him. Being no doubt idealistic, he may have thought he could fix it and should try, which he did. Bottom line, only one person turned him loose in his state, and that is the individual he tried to shoot. @180Proof got this in one word,
    Karma.180 Proof
    And I think that is exactly right. Bad, bad shooter. Bad, very bad Trump
  • tim wood
    Both sides have claimed....RogueAI
    This seeming even-handedness contains a fatal flaw: that one side may be right and the other lying. Consider just plain folks over here and a monster over there. "Oh no!" cry the folks, "There's a monster over there!"

The monster roars back, "You folks over there are the monsters, not me!" And apologists and spinners - and foolish people - talk about "both sides." The trouble - the fatal flaw - is that one side is speaking truth and the other lies.

But it's an old, old and ancient story, the good and true v. bad and evil. The corollary lessons being that the lessons are there, but some people never learn.
  • Mikie
    Now we all have to pretend the Right doesn’t have more violent rhetoric? Lol
  • frank

It was yesterday
  • Hanover
    Since we're speculating, I'm guessing it had little to do with a disenchantment of all he knew and loved, like a child realizing Santa wasn't real, but more a troubled kid, difficulty in school, home, friends, and life, and whatever delusions of grandeur he felt materialized in his suicide mission.
  • Hanover
    It was yesterdayfrank
    I know, right? It so feels that way to me too. I can like remember every detail so clearly.
  • ssu
    If Biden continues to be Democratic candidate, I think after yesterday Trump will very likely will be the next President. Now way to deny this photo by Evan Vucci will be a historical one:

669301a19caa6ed01e016b94?format=jpeg

Everybody, just think how fucking long this thread will be! :yikes:

Now on page 734 and then still going on until 2028 or so...
  • frank
    I know, right? It so feels that way to me too. I can like remember every detail so clearly.Hanover

Every detail of what?
  • frank

Yea, it's an epic like Star Wars where Trump is Luke Skywalker and his wife is the lady with the bobs on her ears so they can't be ripped off by stray bullets.
  • NOS4A2
    How the desperate lies start.

Top Democratic strategist pushed reporters to consider ‘staged’ shooting

In an email Saturday at 7:34 pm that appeared to be addressed to sympathetic journalists, and which was also sent to Semafor, Mehlhorn wrote that one “possibility -- which feels horrific and alien and absurd in America, but is quite common globally -- is that this ‘shooting’ was encouraged and maybe even staged so Trump could get the photos and benefit from the backlash. This is a classic Russian tactic, such as when Putin killed 300 civilians in 1999 and blamed it on terrorists to ride the backlash to winning power. Others who have embraced this tactic of committing raw evil and then benefitting from the backlash include Hamas on October 7. If any Trump officials encouraged or knew of this attack, that is morally horrific, and Republicans of decency must demand that Trump step down as unfit.”

https://www.semafor.com/article/07/14/2024/top-democrat-pushed-reporters-to-consider-staged-shooting
  • Mikie
    “Trump was just elected today.” Such an original thought. Repeated probably 500 million times in less than 24 hours.

Actually, no he wasn’t. There’s four months to Election Day, and this will be a blip everywhere by then, except conservative talk radio and Fox News. And maybe Twitter — but they’re irrelevant now anyway.
  • Hanover
    Trump was just elected today.” Such an original thought. Repeated probably 500 million times in less than 24 hours.

Actually, no he wasn’t. There’s four months to Election Day, and this will be a blip everywhere by then, except conservative talk radio and Fox News. And maybe Twitter — but they’re irrelevant now anyway.
    Mikie

Agree in part, disagree in part. There is wisdom to the statement that the match isn't over until the final whistle, but the current score and situation on the field matters.

Biden took a major hit with the debate and Trump scored a major victory with the ear bullet. Trump's side is energized awaiting his VP pick and Biden's is in a scramble trying to convince him to throw in the towel.

So yes, anything can happen, but acting like the assassination attempt was just another Friday without far reaching consequences is just head burying.
  • jgill
    Biden took a major hit with the debate and Trump scored a major victory with the ear bullet. Trump's side is energized awaiting his VP pick and Biden's is in a scramble trying to convince him to throw in the towel.Hanover

Well said.
  • Wayfarer
    The Australian Broadcasting Commission is airing a two-part series, Retribution, beginning tonight (although it may be geo-blocked outside Australia).

"I am your warrior. I am your justice. And for those who have been wronged and betrayed, I am your retribution." — Donald Trump

There has never been a US president like Donald Trump — and now he's back, this time with a detailed plan for his second coming.

Nearly four years after he was cast out by voters and accused of encouraging the American people to assault their own democracy with the attack on the US Capitol, the now convicted criminal wants to rebuild the country in his own image.

Ahead of the US election in November, Four Corners reporter Mark Willacy travels to Washington for the first of a special two-part series.

He sits down with White House insiders who witnessed the chaos of Trump's first term — some who continue to support his vision, and others Trump now considers "traitors".

Trump wants to reshape the pillars of American democracy and give himself more power. Willacy goes inside "Project 2025", the blueprint for a second Trump term and the army of recruits ready to carry out his orders.

Meanwhile strategy, security and defence experts warn of the impact another Trump presidency could have on America's institutions, its democracy, and the rest of the world.

Four Corners: Retribution Part 1 — The battle for democracy, will air from 8.25pm on Monday 15 July 2024 on ABC TV and ABC iview.
    //
    Trump continued, arguing: “Joe Biden is not the defender of American democracy, Joe Biden is the destroyer of American democracy.”

It's been obvious from the outset that Trump projects all the evils he commits onto his enemies. What is really depressing is the ease with which it is believed, even by some here. It also really depressing that this episode has vastly increased his apparent momentum and a sense of the inevitability of his victory. It really is as if Armageddon looms.

Biden, even in his old age, is hugely more competent and suitable for the role than Trump. But the issue is his electoral appeal, or absence of it.
  • jgill
    It's been obvious from the outset that Trump projects all the evils he commits onto his enemies. What is really depressing is the ease with which it is believed, even by some hereWayfarer

True indeed. Many here do believe that Trump is guilty of this.
  • Mikie
    but the current score and situation on the field matters.Hanover

Not historically, at least with polling. They don’t matter much until a week before the election.

But there’s no doubt Trump has had a very good political run these past few weeks.

acting like the assassination attempt was just another Friday without far reaching consequences is just head buryingHanover

No one is acting like that. This was a big deal— but the “far reaching” part is bogus.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.