• Athena
    At least your avatar is very attractive.
  • Lionino
    Are we great because of a few great men such as Cyrus the Great, Alexander the Great, Genghis Khan, Nietzsche, George Washington, or Donald Trump or are we great because we are united and socialized so that together we can imagine and manifest great things?Athena

I recall a similar thread from about the same time (or maybe I am confusing it with another website), and the replies were, reasonably, "both".

At least you came out of this with a compliment. It is better than whatever I have ever gotten here.
  • AmadeusD
    LMAO, yeah, and I'll take it.

But I did not come here to have my appearance assessed by anyone.

I had actually very, very much hoped Athena would engage some of the specifics i've highlighted in regard to ignoring the evidence from her own links. Seems clear enough to stimulate something. But there we go :)
  • Athena
    I hope I edited correctly.
  • Athena
    I recall a similar thread from about the same time (or maybe I am confusing it with another website), and the replies were, reasonably, "both".Lionino

I think it is agreeable that both the leader and the followers manifest success or failure. Recently TV programs have focused on the racial struggle for justice. One program focused on the terrorism committed by Whites to keep those of color in their place. This terrorism successful prevented people of color from fighting for justice, until people from around the country supported the people of color in their efforts to get fair voting laws and justice. One of them publicly announced the error of not supporting the movement for fair voting laws and justice that effectively supported those who imposed the injustices on the people of color. That summer we had civil war and we saw changes but clearly we still live with the problems of racism.

Some of the most successful actions are taken by song writers and musicians and those who paint pictures and write books.

Right now the gay community has gained a lot of power within our institutions and I am opposed to this. I will defend the statement if anyone cares.

Higher wages is also a power shift. I am not sure this is a good thing. I can not understand how people's wages can increase without inflation. However, their power to get higher wages is curious to me. Why hasn't the working class always had this power? Is there a relationship between higher wages racism and power?
  • Lionino
    I would appreciate if you edited this comment. You are quoting me saying something when I did not say it and have no clue who did.
  • AmadeusD
    I don't know what you're trying to say, largely for the reason Lionino has highlighted.

Can you clarify the comment? However, if it's an attempt to say that my deduction (not accusation) that you are lying about the link you provided, because you do not know what it says, probably better leave it - that deduction is patently reasonable and would require your address, if you think it's untrue (that's how discussions work :) ). I was able to show clearly that you did not read your link, and have either lied or willfully ignored several of its statements, a long with a plethora of others empirically verifiable facts you have either ignored or lied about (the basis for Qi, for example).

If it was anything else, feel free to clarify.

Would be glad to come back on it, once it's clear what you're saying.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.