• Nils Loc
    Meh, we resonate with whatever tickles our inner pickle. There are blue moons, when for whatever unintelligible reason, the brain attunes to a piece of music as if it were an intoxicating drug.

But for the time in between those moments, one may wish and hope, to find something safe that tickles the inner pickle just a little bit.
  • Vera Mont
    Sorry, I couldn't understand a word they were shouting.
    How about
  • jgill
    A great song that I would recommend every philosopher,scientist,mathematician and witches [avoid?]

But "Inch Worm" is cute.
  • universeness

That song was just an unpleasant, annoying noise to me. I could not even focus on the lyrics as the music and voice, was so bad, imo. I think as far as Rock goes, I will stick to my 'Meat Loaf' albums.
  • 0 thru 9

Metal, myth, and metaphysics? Maiden and the Mariner!
  • Nils Loc
    This thread opened a few rabbit holes in my local internet spacetime fabric.

Never have I heard/seen Ningen Isu until this moment. But I'm not sure I ought to recommend them to anyone. Intellectuals have high-brow refined taste so they would unlikely stoop to enjoy satirical nihilistic metal.

Ningen Isu is a Japanese metal band that formed in 1987. The name "Ningen Isu" (人間椅子) can be translated to "The Human Chair" in English. The band is known for its unique blend of heavy metal and hard rock with lyrics often inspired by Japanese folklore, horror, and supernatural themes. They have a dedicated following in Japan and have released numerous albums over the years, contributing to the Japanese metal music scene. The band's name, "Ningen Isu," reflects their distinct style and the dark and mysterious themes often present in their music and lyrics. — ChatGPT
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.