• Relativist
    Yes, it's totally irrelevant that Trump has sexually assaulted multiple women. Technicalies in the law should have protected him, and his right to degrade his victims. He's a celebrity! He's entitled to grab pu**ys whenever he pleases!
  • NOS4A2

Yes, he's been accused of sexual assault, and all during his foray into politics. I think it is relevant that these sorts of accusations magically appear during such a time, even if it's over 30 years after the fact.
  • praxis
    I think it is relevant that these sorts of accusations magically appear during such a time, even if it's over 30 years after the fact.NOS4A2

I think a presidents past is relevant and they should be deeply scrutinized. Isn’t Hunter’s laptop relevant?
  • Relativist
    26 women are lying, while Trump's denials are beyond reproach, since he is always so careful to tell the truth. :lol:
  • flannel jesus
    I actually think there could be non conspiratorial, non-dishonest reasons that might happen. I understand the intuition that that seems fishy, but it might not be.
  • tim wood
    Hoo-ee! $83.3M smackers! And that appears so far to have slightly modified his behaviour, proving that even rats can learn, at least for a while, if you hit them up-side the head with a brick. I wonder if it occurs to him that he could have saved a lot of money by just keeping quiet. Just the sort of sensitive and intelligent man we want running our country!
  • NOS4A2

I think a presidents past is relevant and they should be deeply scrutinized. Isn’t Hunter’s laptop relevant?

If Trump was buying drugs and prostitutes and engaging in high-level corruption it would be deserving of scrutiny, because all that is criminal activity than none of us plebes could get away with. But I simply cannot care about Trump's pickup skills.
  • praxis

I don’t know about drugs, but we know Trump has patronized prostitutes and engaged in high-level corruption. Of course you will disagree because you know his activities were all innocent, just like you somehow know that he didn’t sexually assault E. Jean Carrol.
  • NOS4A2

All I know is there is no evidence, just like what you claim to know about Trump. I just disagree with your method of believing things without the evidence to do so.
  • Relativist
    As Carroll's attorney noted in her closing, less than 24 hours after the previous verdict, costing him a mere $5M, Trump again defamed Carroll. His disrespect for the verdict is just one manifestation of his general disrespect for the rule of law. At last, he received a tangible,well-deserved consequence for his behavior.
  • NOS4A2

He spoke. You don’t like what he says. The eternal desire to shut him up is the sine qua non of anti-Trumpism. His voice—or at least, the excerpts chosen for you by political operatives— is the source of your moral panic, and censoring him is the only cure for your anxiety.
  • Relativist
    He spoke. You don’t like what he says.NOS4A2
    He defamed Carroll, and many other women who have accused him. And you're right, I don't like him doing that. What an odd thing to criticize.
  • praxis

Reconsidering, I did mistakenly think of Stormy Daniels as a prostitute.
  • schopenhauer1

Thought this was appropriate:
  • tim wood
    He spoke. You don’t like what he says.NOS4A2
    Not even disingenuous. Or maybe you think speech should be without any restraints whatsoever. Is that what you think?
  • NOS4A2

I am absolutist in that regard.
  • NOS4A2

Close enough.
  • Paine

I asked something similar and got this in reply.

The apparent appeal to principle only leads to a withdrawal from any boundaries.
  • Fooloso4
    In the spirit of giving credit where credit is due, Trump has single-handedly eliminated what up until that moment had been, according to the Cult of MAGA, an urgent crisis at the southern border. But miraculously it is now no longer an urgent problem in the face of a more pressing and serious
    problem - thwarting bipartisan efforts until after the election or until Trump is given credit for his undisclosed "perfect (final) solution".
  • unenlightened
    teachers who embrace patriotic values support our way of life and understand that their job is not to indoctrinate children"Olympia Sonnier and Ben Kamisar

Teachers of double think are twice as good as ordinary teachers and will raise a whole generation of very stable geniiasses.
  • Wayfarer
    **this OP should be merged into the Trump thread**
  • Vera Mont
    Is Trump's education policy likely to make things better or worse?Athena

It doesn't matter. If T***p gets back in the oval office, no education or any other "policy" will be implemented. The entire regime will be focused on purging his opponents.
  • Wayfarer
    He also said recently that he hopes the economy will crash in the next twelve months so that he doesn't have to take the blame for it if it crashes later. As always, his only interest is self-interest.
  • Athena
    **this OP should be merged into the Trump thread**Wayfarer

It would be unfortunate if no one sees the cultural impact of his education policy. I like the subject of education and culture better than the subject of Trump. It really is not all about him. It is very much about the people who support him. The racism is as serious today as it was the day slave owners justified enslaving people from Africa.

Never mind, the replies I read have nothing to do with education or culture. It can go in the garbage. I am done with it.
  • Michael
    I am absolutist in that regard.NOS4A2

Well, Trump isn't, so they're just applying the golden rule.
  • NOS4A2

Never heard of it.
  • Michael
    The golden rule? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
  • L'éléphant
    **this OP should be merged into the Trump thread**Wayfarer
    So I guess this is now the thread.
  • AmadeusD
    It doesn't matter. If T***p gets back in the oval office, no education or any other "policy" will be implemented. The entire regime will be focused on purging his opponents.Vera Mont

One word answer:

Was this is at least partial jest?
  • L'éléphant
    I think Trump is going to win the Republican caucus.

Only an AI could run against him.

Thoughts?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.