• TiredThinker
    I am a Bills fan, but certainly found his reference an uncomfortable one. He said he commented on the 9/11 terrorists in reference to their ability to communicate and function well as a team. I can understand why the terrorists needed to be on top of their game to get past our government's defenses on many levels, but what other references could he have made instead? I assume a military precision reference was what he was going for. Maybe he would of just as easily gone with the raid on Bin Laden's compound, but it didn't occur in time for meeting? He has been a good coach and generally kept us in playoffs over 6 years. Was this an honest mistake? I don't doubt his sincerity on regretting the reference.
  • Vera Mont
    Seems to me the only reason to regret a true and accurate comment is to appease public opinion. Why should one's own nation's bad decisions be celebrated and the successes of its enemies concealed? It would be perfectly all right to use one of the Paris Underground's stratagems as an example, but not Fidel Castro's. Why are grown men so allergic to any mention of successful actions by forces deployed against them? If you pretend your enemies are all idiots and cowards, what will your chances be of defeating them?
  • TiredThinker

Well the difference would be tactic. 9/11 was an attack on civilians. American forces are generally not considered terrorists.
  • L'éléphant

I wish your team the best!
  • Vera Mont
    American forces are generally not considered terrorists.TiredThinker

What's self-image to do with guerilla tactics? Or subjects suitable for discussion?
  • TiredThinker
    I'm sure the team will be fine. Just worried about the image of some individuals. Like Von Miller and the assault charges against him, etc.
  • L'éléphant
    Like Von Miller and the assault charges against him, etc.TiredThinker
    And she was pregnant.
  • TiredThinker
    I don't know if Von has even contributed enough to justify his salary. I hope he's easy to let go of regardless of the outcome regarding the charges. I don't know why football players do bad stuff during bye weeks.
  • Vera Mont

Bec ause some of them are overprivileged macho shitheads?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.