• Shawn
    I am going to state right away that I am what some might call a "conspiracy theorist" or even more pejoratively, a "truther" surrounding the events on 9/11/2001. I have watched the blatant theft of a whole generation's future robbed by a war on terror. Trillions of dollars have been sunk on wars based on lies and deceit instead of being invested in more peaceful and economically prosperous alternatives. Arguably, and demonstratively so, the war on terror has made the world a more dangerous place and has incited pronounced hostility of Arab nations towards the U.S since 9/11. Obama is to thank for quelling the anger and animosity towards the U.S by Arab nations.

This situation or present state of affairs all stem from the singular event of 9/11.

I would like to share and invite any people interested in learning more about 9/11 to a symposium hosted in NYC in regards to the events of 9/11 starting on 9/10/2016 to 9/11/2016. I would be more than glad to join; but, am located on the Western seaboard. Thanks for your time and hope that those who decide to go enjoy their visit and information presented by professionals and would hope they can share their experiences here in a lively and non-judgemental manner.

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/justice-in-focus-911-2016-a-weekend-symposium-in-nyc-tickets-26718651205
  • BC
    This looks interesting. Maybe I'll sign up for the streamed coverage, though It would be nice to spend some time in NYC.

The Kennedy assassination and 9/11 were conspiracies, of course. The question is whether the US Government was a principle in the skullduggery. Conspiracy isn't something I lean toward, generally. Conspiracies are almost always difficult to prove, and they violate the rule of parsimonious explanations. Besides, does our government seem like a competent capable conspirator?
  • Shawn
    I'm not accusing any particular person (Dubbya) or entity (a government) for the events. I just want to investigate the facts and evidence that are available at the moment.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I would like to as well but I am not sure we will be able to openly discuss it here, as one thread was already deemed to be 'removed' from the boards, by a source higher than the owners of The Philosophy Forum. :-O
  • Jamal
    I moved this one to the Lounge so maybe you'll be able to carry on your conspiracy nuttiness here without fear of deletion. But of course, I cannot speak for Them.
  • unenlightened
    But of course, I cannot speak for Them.jamalrob

Oh we don't mind - anything that distracts you from what's really going on.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    Arguably, and demonstratively so, the war on terror has made the world a more dangerous place and has incited pronounced hostility of Arab nations towards the U.S since 9/11.Question

Hostility of Arab nations toward the U.S. did not begin in 2001. Were you alive in the late seventies during the Iranian revolution, and the hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of demonstrators shouting death to America?
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    And of course, we shouldn't forget that the United States has always been a close ally with Israel. So the following statement is really nonsense:

This situation or present state of affairs all stem from the singular event of 9/11.Question
  • BC
    Problems, like pronounced hostility of Arab nations towards the U.S. and other countries, generally have a source. A lot of the problem comes from our dubious Saudi allies, home of and principal exporter of Wahhabism (not to be confused with wasabi -- Japanese horseradish).

Wahhabism is described as "ultraconservative" "austere" "fundamentalist" "puritanical" or "puritan" and as an Islamic "reform movement" to restore "pure monotheistic worship" Adherents often prefer to be called Salafi.

Wahhabism is named after an eighteenth-century preacher and scholar, Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab (1703–1792).

Today Wahhab's teachings are the official, state-sponsored form of Sunni Islam in Saudi Arabia. With the help of funding from Saudi petroleum exports (and other factors, the movement underwent "explosive growth" beginning in the 1970s and now has worldwide influence.

Estimates of the number of adherents to Wahhabism vary, with one source (Mehrdad Izady) giving a figure of fewer than 5 million Wahhabis in the Persian Gulf region (compared to 28.5 million Sunnis and 89 million Shia).

Wahhabism has been accused of being "a source of global terrorism", inspiring the ideology of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant and for causing disunity in Muslim communities by labelling Muslims who disagreed with the Wahhabi definition of monotheism as apostates and justifying their killing. It has also been criticized for the destruction of historic mazaars, mausoleums, and other Muslim and non-Muslim buildings and artifacts. [from Wikipedia]
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.