• Mongrel
    He goes onto explain that men are potentially violent...

Great point.
  • Shawn
    Hegel never did go to explain why the dialectical exists as opposed to some sort of monism. Maybe I need to be educated; but, that's a topic worthy of a thesis paper.
  • Mongrel
    Is this a reference to TimeLine's love of Hegel?
  • Shawn

Never knew that. Hegel was a staunch believer in marriage though so go figure.
  • BC
    It's people like you who turn otherwise thoughtful, kind, generous, thoughtful -- all round NICE people -- into cantankerous argumentative assholes. If you weren't so fucking stupid, it wouldn't be necessary to beat you over the head again and again.

We get very tired of trying to pound common sense into your thick skulls.
  • TimeLine
    Hegel was a staunch believer in marriage though so go figure.Question

I didn't know that. I have been thinking about what it would be like having a pet husband, feeding it and having fun together.
  • Shawn

Gotta watch out with those BDSM master-slave relations. Wonder what Nietzsche would say about it.
  • Wosret

He was too busy vicariously plotting world domination.
  • TimeLine
    Gotta watch out with those BDSM master-slave relations.Question

I wouldn't know. But, I gather that Blackadder would put Nietzsche in his place.

Don't forget sir that the modern church smiles on roaring and gorging within wedlock and indeed rogering is keenly encouraged. — Blackadder
  • Shawn

Too blasphemous for my Puritan'ian ears.
  • TimeLine
    Too blasphemous for my Puritan'ian ears.Question

tumblr_nyq3fefHe61tq4of6o1_400.gif
  • S
    This forum is a testing ground. It's a place for people to test bad arguments, which have been shown to be bad arguments, in the expectation that they might get a different result. And it tests people's skills, as well as their patience.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Interesting thread that came up in my history of today's feed of two years ago. I wonder if those who answered two years ago still feel the same now.
    I absolutely feel more enriched being a member here but as far as the cankerous ahole?
    Meh...not really my mo.
  • Shawn
    Lol, the vibrance of TimeLine will never fade.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Lol, the vibrance of TimeLine will never fade.Wallows

I wonder where she is and how life is treating her... :flower:
  • whollyrolling
    An online forum separates people in such a way that they can attack ideas without attacking each other personally. If attacks on ideas are taken personally, or intended personally, then they shouldn't be. But I think subjecting our ideas to harsh scrutiny is a good thing.
  • Pattern-chaser
    Most people on here are cantankerous, irritated, snarky, disagreeable, and generally pissed off at some comment almost all of the time.schopenhauer1

That doesn't match my perception, in the months I have been here. I enjoy it here. It entertains me, and I learn stuff.
  • Franklin Crook
    yeah, whatever. I'm just here for the girls
  • Chris Hughes
    This is the probably best forum in the world.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    This is the probably best forum in the world.Chris Hughes

Aww Thank you Chris! We are a group of "thinkers" sharing at the table of experience in pursuit of wisdom.
    We are blessed to have the luxury of time to think together for it usually indicates that life is pretty steady, for the moment.
    Welcome to The Philosophy Forum :flower:
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.