• GBaxter
    What currently makes you feel confident and empowered to be your most authentic self?
  • Baden
    Good question. Long photography walks and writing, including here. Nothing that makes me any money that's for sure.
  • Txastopher
    The effort required by any of the alternatives.
  • charleton
    What currently makes you feel confident and empowered to be your most authentic self?GBaxter

I wake up in the morning is the answer to this question.

Life is a negotiation between what will you have to live your life as you wish, and the interests of those interests of society and those you have direct contact with.
    Some people are more authentically appealing to the needs of society and others are more authentically self interested.
    It is only arrogance of people like Nietzsche who think people ought to be more self interested.

Nietzsche was the man who poured scorn on the needs of disabled people, and had no interest in welfare of his fellow man wanted to justify is selfishness with fancy words whilst people all around him more honestly followed their true selves in helping others.

We are all authentic who reflect.
  • T Clark
    What currently makes you feel confident and empowered to be your most authentic self?GBaxter

When I was 13 years old, I was loud, excitable, and hyperactive (in the old sense). I tended to say the first thing that came into my mind without thinking through the consequences. I couldn't sit still. I remember thinking to myself "why can't I stop being this way." It came to me in a flash - This is the way you are, it's not going to change, you'd better get used to it.

For some of us, authenticity is a mixed blessing.
  • Ying

My giant ego. What else? :p
  • CuddlyHedgehog
    My giant ego. What else? :pYing

Sounds a lot like SPS.
  • Hanover

The sound of Baden crying.
  • Sir2u
    Meeting an ex student, that hated me, on the street and getting a warm thank you
  • BC
    Congruence between ideals and life. It doesn't happen often enough, but sometimes it does and then one finds out where one's authenticity lies. Authenticity is a great feeling.
  • Maw
    Internet anonymity :wink:
  • Baden

I suppose that's one of those Hanoverspasms you're so proud of, eh? Well, I promise you I'll do no crying until Thorongil and Buxtebuddha's wedding. Don't forget to wear white, ladies. ;)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment