• Noble Dust

I forgot Nine Inch Nails; Trent is a genius. Those other bands are definitely a cut above the drivel, but do nothing for me...I get the appeal of System of a Down, but Serj annoys me. Don't know what to tell ya. If you have examples to sway me otherwise I'm all ears.
  • Noble Dust

I just re-listened to Chop Suey. This songs blows.
  • Yohan

First couple minutes good, but goes on too long and gets too religious at the end.
  • Pinprick
    I forgot Nine Inch Nails; Trent is a genius.Noble Dust

I agree, but wasn’t lumping them in with nu metal. I just find it confusing how you can like NIN/Ministry, but not Static-X, or how you can like Rage, but not System. Static-X is like Ministry 2.0, and System is pretty similar to Rage too.

I just re-listened to Chop Suey. This songs blows.Noble Dust

:rofl:

I think it’s pretty good, but not their best. They’re first album was more aggressive, and probably more experimental as well. Here’s a couple examples.

They have a couple cool covers as well.

Original is by Berlin

Original is by Black Sabbath
  • 180 Proof
    My condolences to TPF members who are British Commonwealth subjects of King Charles III (hopefully he will abdicate soon and crown young William (or better yet, since Harry won't be King, dissolve the monarchy all together)) on the passing of

Elizabeth of York
    of the House of Windsor
    1926-2022

"The Queen says No to potsmoking FBI members"

"Takes him out to look at the Queen
    Only place that he's ever been
    Always shouts out something obscene
    Such a dirty old man
    Dirty old man"

"Her Majesty is a pretty nice girl
    But she doesn't have a lot to say
    Her Majesty is a pretty nice girl
    But she changes from day to day
    I wanna tell her that I love her a lot
    But I gotta get a belly full of wine
    Her Majesty is a pretty nice girl
    Someday I'm gonna make her mine, oh yeah
    Someday I'm gonna make her mine"

• Amity

Appreciate the condolences and the Beatles.
    'Our hearts are broken' or so we are told.
    In the soap opera that is the UK, everything stops for tea, Tory leader contests, the Queen's death but Royal lineage goes on and on and...
    We are in for at least 10 days of fully rehearsed, televised mourning and remembrance rituals.
    I am no royalist but I admit to feeling sad and shedding a tear. BBC coverage has that effect.
    I am not a fan of soap opera either but hey, let's be good neighbours for at least a day...a minute?

The end of an era.

• Paine
    This is pretty good:

• Agent Smith
    Sorry, I don't understand the song! Why would anyone blame someone for a moonlit night? For the dream that died, yeah, that makes sense. Heartbreak? :broken: That's the immense power of pulchrum (beauty); find a copy of the Arabian version of Romeo & Juliet (Layla & Majnun) and read about divānagi (love madness).
  • Changeling
    Sorry, I don't understand the song! Why would anyone blame someone for a moonlit night? For the dream that died, yeah, that makes sense. Heartbreak? :broken: That's the immense power of pulchrum (beauty); find a copy of the Arabian version of Romeo & Juliet (Layla & Majnun) and read about divānagi (love madness).Agent Smith

I'll take this as disagree.
  • Agent Smith
    I'll take this as disagreeChangeling

I wonder what Jack Cummins thinks about the song.
  • Changeling
    I'd say he's odds-on to agree
  • Agent Smith
    Danke for the song and the mention. I finally realize why pulchrum (beauty) is listed amomg the transcendentalia [Verum (truth), Bonum (Good), Pulchrum (beauty)]. It is an extremely poweful force with both creative and destructive potential. Respect!
  • Tom Storm
    The somewhat mawkish Neighbours theme was written by songwriters Jacky Trent and Tony Hatch. They actually wrote one of Scott Walker's greatest songs, Joanna. Oddly enough I was listening to it last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUSmO1ttMvY
  • Seeker
    Double o Soul!

• Noble Dust

Gotta ask how old you are, I'm sorry. Just a litmus test.
  • Seeker
    Gotta ask how old you are, I'm sorry. Just a litmus test.Noble Dust

Personally I consider curiosity to be a good thing, promoting neuroplasticity and what more, so I'll counter first as I'm equally curious. What sparked it, was it the average age of the songs or was it the frequency with which they are posted or do you use it somehow as an offset against my posting behaviour in general? Should I feel offended in any way or are you perhaps the Confucian proverbial teacher?
  • Noble Dust

Just that Kate Bush has suddenly become big with gen Z after a song of hers was in Stranger Things.
  • Seeker
    Just that Kate Bush has suddenly become big with gen Z after a song of hers was in Stranger Things.Noble Dust

I see. I was about 6 years old when her first album got published back in 1978. She has always intrigued me but I only started to appreciate her music during the early 90's. She has written many great songs but I consider "The man with the child in his eyes" to be her opus magnum as it is one of those rare songs I could never get enough of.
  • 180 Proof
    "Yesterday it was my birthday
    I hung one more year on the line
    I should be depressed,
    my life's a mess ...."

"Have a Good Time" (3:26)
    Still Crazy After All These Years, 1975
    Paul Simon
bold
italic
underline
strike