• NOS4A2
    He allegedly phoned someone who never answered. Bmbshell!
  • praxis
    Remember when Trump promised to build a wall on the southern border and make Mexico pay for it?

Biden secures deal whereby Mexico agrees to provide $1.5 billion to help U.S. manage migrants on southern border
  • Jackson
    He allegedly phoned someone who never answered. Bmbshell!NOS4A2

Witness intimidation is a crime.
  • NOS4A2

Witness intimidation is a crime.

Phoning someone isn’t.
  • Jackson
    Phoning someone isn’t.NOS4A2

You have no proof that is all that happened.
  • NOS4A2

“After our last hearing. President Trump tried to call a witness in our investigation. A witness you have not yet seen in these hearings,” Rep. Liz Cheney, the vice chair of the committee, said on Tuesday.

“That person declined to answer or respond to President Trump’s call and instead alerted their lawyer to the call. Their lawyer alerted us. And this committee has supplied that information to the Department of Justice,” she added.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/12/jan-6-committee-notifies-doj-that-trump-tried-tampering-with-one-of-its-witnesses-cheney-says.html
  • Jackson

Trump has a long pattern of intimidating witnesses. Meuller Reports documents it.
  • NOS4A2

And zero trials or convictions for what you claim are crimes. The patterns of the false accusations, though, are never-ending.
  • Jackson

Yes, Trump is more persecuted than Jesus.
  • NOS4A2

Teflon don. Keep trying.
  • Jackson

House will bury him.
  • Jackson
    And zero trials or convictions for what you claim are crimes. The patterns of the false accusations, though, are never-ending.NOS4A2

Third, many of the President’s acts directed at witnesses, including discouragement of
    cooperation with the government and suggestions of possible future pardons, occurred in public
    view. While it may be more difficult to establish that public-facing acts were motivated by a
    corrupt intent, the President’s power to influence actions, persons, and events is enhanced by his
    unique ability to attract attention through use of mass communications. And no principle of law
    excludes public acts from the scope of obstruction statutes. If the likely effect of the acts is to
    intimidate witnesses
    or alter their testimony, the justice system’s integrity is equally threatened.

https://www.justice.gov/archives/sco/file/1373816/download
  • NOS4A2

Any witness tampering cases to show?
  • Jackson
    Any witness tampering cases to show?NOS4A2

Already did. No offence, but I trust the US Department of Justice over your opinions.
  • NOS4A2

I can’t find it in their cases, though. No such cases arose from the Mueller report, either.
  • Jackson
    I can’t find it in their cases, though. No such cases arose from the Mueller report, either.NOS4A2

I never said Trump was convicted of witness intimidation. I said it is obvious Trump is criminally intimidating witnesses.
  • NOS4A2

Oh, it’s just obvious. Very convincing.
  • Mikie
    :lol:

A corporate statist defending the Great One. How shocking.
  • Mikie
    A new report on the 2020 election, written by a group of eight prominent Republicans, struck a familiar chord: A review of more than 60 court challenges from six battleground states found no evidence that the election was stolen from former President Donald J. Trump.

The 72-page report released last Thursday urged Mr. Trump’s supporters to stop propagating election falsehoods that continue to smolder ahead of the midterms.

The report examined Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, battleground states that were all won by Joseph R. Biden Jr.

“There is absolutely no evidence of fraud in the 2020 presidential election on the magnitude necessary to shift the result in any state, let alone the nation as a whole,” the report said. “We urge our fellow conservatives to cease obsessing over the results of the 2020 election, and to focus instead on presenting candidates and ideas that offer a positive vision for overcoming our current difficulties and bringing greater peace, prosperity and liberty to our nation.”

What a shocker!
  • 180 Proof
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jul/21/january-6-hearing-donald-trump-us-capitol-attack :fire:
    On January 6th Donald Trump was not the leader of the country, he was the leader of the coup. — Glenn Kirschner, fmr Federal Prosecutor, July 22, 2022
    :mask:
  • Michael
    Secret Service agents who tried to torpedo Hutchinson testimony lawyer up, refuse to testify: panel

Top Secret Service agents who tried to undermine former White House aide Cassidy Hutchinson's testimony to the Jan. 6 committee have hired private lawyers and are refusing to cooperate with the investigation, members of the panel said over the weekend.

I wonder why.

Questions have swirled about Ornato and Engel's credibility since Hutchinson's testimony. Washington Post reporter Carol Leonnig, who wrote the book "Zero Fail: The Rise and Fall of the Secret Service" during the Trump administration, told MSNBC that both men were "very, very close to President Trump."

"Some people accused them of at times being enablers and 'yes men' of the president—particularly Tony Ornato—and very much people who wanted to do what he wanted and see him pleased," she said, adding that "both of these individuals lose a little credibility because of how closely they have been seen as aligned to Donald Trump."

Ornato made an unusual transition from working for the Secret Service to working directly for Trump at the White House, serving as deputy chief of staff for operations. Former White House spokeswoman Alyssa Farah accused Ornato, who helped coordinate Trump's infamous clearing of protesters at Lafayette Square for a photo-op at a nearby church, of lying about the incident. "There seems to be a major thread here… Tony Ornato likes to lie," Kinzinger tweeted last month.

Oh, that's why. They're unwilling to tell the truth and they're unwilling to lie under oath.
  • Benkei
    Given timetables and the likelihood of Trump winning the election (since we can rest assured thy economy will go down the drain), Trump is going to stall every indictment up to the SCOTUS and then self-pardon himself and wipe the DOJ clean of anybody with a whiff of respect for they law. A bleak but not an impossible scenario I think.
  • 180 Proof
    Shit just got real – from Putin's bitch to AG Garland's bitch! :clap: :lol:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/08/08/trump-fbi-maralago-search-00050442

tr45h won't even win the GOP nomination in 2024 (if he runs,) because he will have to drop out of the primary race due to

(1) lack of money (re: civil damages from NYS suit + dozens of pending lawsuits + already abandoned by billionaire donors like Murdoch & Koch),

(2) criminal indictments in the state of Georgia (which his hand-picked supreme kangaroo court has no jurisdiction over to stop or delay)

(3) Rudy Guiliani & Mark Meadows – among other senior co-conspirators – will flip and their depositions will be leaked

(4) US House J6 Committee findings are, and the final report will be further, damning so much so that Independent voters (especially in "swing states") will continue to poll 2-to-1 against tr45h (& his MAGA/ "Stop the Steal" candidates)

(5) US Court of Appeals will invalidate tr45h's "self-pardon" AND SCOTUS will not hear tr45h's appeal (if only because old Donny has made an enemy of Chief Justice Roberts) &

(6) lastly, the odds favor tr45h either being assassinated (by Putin? MBS? MAGA/QAnon "true believers"?) or he'll just fucking finally drop dead by 2024 :up:

There are several other major reasons too (as I've pointed out for years) but those six should suffice to make the point: despite the media circus, it's a fool's bet to bet on this Dead Traitor Walking. :mask:
  • Benkei
    Ha! Excellent timing! From your points, number 2 seems the most certain one with clear evidence but this raid isn't about that so there will be more fireworks.

Cue the vampire making excuses.
  • 180 Proof
    Fine legal point: the FBI executed a search and seizure warrant; they did not "raid" the residence (as tr45h said in his fundraising social media posting). Any evidence of any Federal crime found in this search and seizure will be admissable in court. The US DoJ used low-hanging fruit (re: classified documents violations) to get in and then went shopping for goodies in tr45h's private safe, etc. With so many interlocking investigations of tr45h's post-2020 activities going on in Federal, State & local jurisdictions, in American legalese, my friend, effectively insolvent, old fat fascist Donny is quite fucked. :victory: :sweat:
  • Benkei
    Oh that point isn't as fine as you'd imagine, even lawyers call them "dawn raids". At least in the Netherlands and UK.

I'm amazed by those supporters though. If I ever get charged with something I want me some cheerleaders too.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.