• Agent Smith
    I'm a worthless abused dog — Wittgenstein

Diogenes

Diogenes made a virtue of poverty. He begged for a living and often slept in a large ceramic jar, or pithos, in the marketplace.[5] He became notorious for his philosophical stunts, such as carrying a lamp during the day, claiming to be looking for a man (often rendered in English as "looking for an honest man"). — Wikipedia

But only if you were serious.
  • javi2541997

Diogenes was a real example of a "hermit" and not those fake religious fans who only act for businesses and private concerns
  • Agent Smith
    Diogenes was a real example of a "hermit" and not those fake religious fans who only act for businesses and private concernsjavi2541997

Correctamundo!

A piece of advice a monk gave me: Fake it till ya make it!
  • Tom Storm
    A piece of advice a monk gave me: Fake it till ya make it!Agent Smith

A piece of advice a monk gave me: if you get caught sleeping at work, slowly raise your hand and say, 'In the name of Jesus, Amen."
  • Wittgenstein

Okay, l get it. You have a hate boner for religion.

You are a fan of Yukio Mishima, a right wing fascist who killed himself when he came to the realization that Japan has moved on ( quite sensibly ) from the 1930/40 s war mongering imperialist genocidal agenda. I would be wary of anyone who wants to see the return of WW2 Japan. Go read about the nanking massacre. You are disappointed with modernism but your ( Yukio's) cure ie nationalism + militarism is significantly worse than the disease itself.

And yet, you have the guts to criticize Sufis who transcend the boundaries of race, culture, the Weltanschauung of the era itself but l can't stop you. It's a free world.
  • javi2541997
    Yukio Mishima, a right wing fascist who killed himself when he came to the realization that Japan has moved onWittgenstein

If you really think our lord and leader Yukio Mishima is a "fascist", you misunderstood everything. Give it a try and read more about him. He would change your thoughts and life. Believe me.

You are disappointed with modernismWittgenstein

I am disappointed and I hate all related to modernism. We are the worst generation ever. But it looks like doesn't matter at all because the people are not aware of it and it turns out I am the mad man here... but you know? I no longer want to be angry. If they want to be happy in their blindness is ok for me. I don't know how to help them.
  • Wittgenstein

Best not to argue, then

I will let you decide who is more devoted to God

This forum doesn't seem the appropriate place to talk of Sufism, l can almost feel the discomfort of people through the screen. I need to find my own people, but so far l can only travel back in time and pretend to converse with Sufis, with the help of the books they have left behind. It's a cliche to wish you were born a few generations back but my case goes back hundreds of years
  • Wayfarer
    This forum doesn't seem the appropriate place to talk of SufismWittgenstein

Indeed it is not. As one of the forum anti-materialists I often rub people up the wrong way with ideas drawn from the perennial philosophical traditions. But I try and express my arguments more in line with the dissident strands of current philosophical discourse, rather than appeal directly to religious lore, which never goes down well here. However I encourage you by all means to pursue your interest in Sufism. You might find Llewelyn Vaughan Lee interesting (I was also going to mention Henry Bayman although his website appears to be offline.) But there are many resources attached to Vaughan Lee's page. I've seen him present - he's a charismatic speaker and accomplished author.

By all means, seek out others whose interests converge with your own, but it is pointless to try and convey the kinds of teachings you're interested in to the kind of general audience you'll find here, they won't have ears to hear it.
  • Hillary
    A) the universe itself doesn't need to be compared with that imaginary subterfuge called Godjavi2541997

It does, if you want to see the wonder of creation. The simple and at the same time most complex idea that the material universe, endowed with heavenly magic, is a temporary but eternally repeating reflection of an eternal, non-material heaven filled with eternal life, is enough to let the wonder, getting rid off by science, return.

We are the worst generation ever.javi2541997

On the contrary! We're the best, and, although on the brink of annihilation, there is hope for the new times arriving before too not too long.
  • javi2541997
    On the contrary! We're the best, and, although on the brink of annihilation, there is hope for the new times arriving before too not too long.Hillary

Oh, Hillary, I am jealous of your positiveness
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.