• ssu
    Yeah wonder what they could be. 'For some reason'. Not because the US and the West basically give a free pass to Israeli apartheid while hypocritically heaping focus on issues which are in their material interest.StreetlightX
    Well, I'm still not sure about that "radio silence" you refer to.

At least it's in the news. Like for example here:

So why is Ukraine more in the forefront?

How about:

a) The conflict is new. Started 50 days ago. Compared to something that actually is soon an one hundred years conflict because the Palestinian-Israeli conflict didn't start in 1948.

Ever heard about Occam's razor?
  • Streetlight
    Yeah that must be it. Just novelty. Nothing to do with the fact that people like you simply parrot US talking points as and when they come out.
  • Isaac
    The conflict is new. Started 50 days ago.ssu

Yes, that must be it. After all we can look back at the media frenzy back when the US-backed Yemeni civil war started. Here, for example is the Atlantic's lead at the time...

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.explicit.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.jFR7yE4eYNxAO5lDkHsKegHaE7%26pid%3DApi&f=1

...and the Washington post lead with...

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP.iL4BtVmElsXexy33AOSx7wHaEL%26pid%3DApi&f=1
  • ssu
    Nothing to do with the fact that people like you simply parrot US talking points as and when they come out.StreetlightX
    Is that so?

So what was the latest US talking point? Was it this:

Israel has opted for perpetual war with the Palestinians. The founders of Israel thought that in some time peace should be made with the Palestinians. Present Israel doesn't think so. It's happy with the prevailing Apartheid system and low-intensity war that only sporadically intensifies.ssu

Or perhaps it was that I referred to the mayor of Mariupol estimating that 21 000 have died. Oh, those "pluck" Ukrainians as Isaac says. It's not even Ukrainian propaganda, it's US propaganda.

Like the pregnant woman in the Maternity ward bombing being an actress? Right?
  • Streetlight
    Yes yes, you, like every other liberal shill pays lip service to things when it suits you.
  • ssu
    What does a stupid intervention started by MBS suit me?

A strawman.

But at least your open to thoughts and sometimes do read what others write, have to give credit for that.

Isaac you see has this real fear that the US might seem to be good when it's Russia attacking Ukraine. Hence any support for Ukraine...is support of the US. So anything else discussed than that NATO enlargement caused the war in the Ukraine thread is bad.
  • Streetlight
    What does a stupid intervention started by MBS suit me?ssu

Beats me. You're the one who seem to volunteer yourself as the target of my critique despite me not mentioning you at all. Guily conscience maybe? Or maybe just another opportunity for you to white knight for American interests?
  • Agent Smith
    A modern-day reenactment of the Old Testament? :chin: The horrific experience of the holocaust seems to have been forgotten? :chin:
  • Streetlight
    Just a causal bit of drive-by beating of women for some funsies.

Undoubtedly learning from American cops how to treat people.
  • Streetlight
    Or the casual beatings of fathers in front of their children, apropos nothing in general other than being a bunch of fucking animals:

• ssu
    You're the one who seem to volunteer yourself as the target of my critique despite me not mentioning you at all. Guily conscience maybe?StreetlightX
    My point is that the war in Ukraine is obviously in the center of attention. And that those that shed tears for Ukraine wouldn't care about what happens in Palestine. It isn't a sign that people are OK with Israel's Apartheid policies.

But if responding that to your comments is "volunteering to be the target of my critique", it tells a lot more about you than me, StreetlightX.

I've just gotten used to the ad hominems on the forum. Like, "Yes yes, you, like every other liberal shill pays lip service to things when it suits you."

I think some have this problem that if they are against the US, anything the US condemns they cannot similarly be condemned as it gives credibility to the US. It is wrong, stupid reasoning, because it doesn't go like that.
  • Streetlight
    anything the US condemns they cannot similarly be condemned as it gives credibility to the US.ssu

I have no idea what you're referring to here. Probably because you like to make shit up, on the off chance you're not spouting casually racist canards.
  • ssu
    I have no idea what you're referring to here.StreetlightX
    It's the issue of not having the US to be seen as this White Knight in the Ukraine crisis. It's so obvious that even people have in that thread openly say it is their goal.

But enough of your typical ad hominems.
  • Streetlight
    It's the issue of not having the US to be seen as this White Knight in the Ukraine crisisssu

These are certainly a grammatical string of words. It would be good if they had any meaning whatsoever.
  • Streetlight
    Anyway, hey look, Israel gives weapons to neo-Nazis - the same neo-Nazi's @ssu likes to pretend don't exist:

https://electronicintifada.net/content/israel-arming-neo-nazis-ukraine/24876

Azov Battalion online propaganda shows Israeli-licensed Tavor rifles in the fascist group’s hands, while Israeli human rights activists have protested arms sales to Ukraine on the basis that weapons might end up with anti-Semitic militias. In a letter “about licenses for Ukraine” obtained by The Electronic Intifada, the Israeli defense ministry’s arms export agency says they are “careful to grant licenses” to arms exporters “in full coordination with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and other government entities.”

The 26 June letter was sent in reply to Israeli lawyer Eitay Mack who had written a detailed request demanding Israel end all military aid to the country. Azov’s official status in the Ukrainian armed forces means it cannot be verified that “Israeli weapons and training” are not being used “by anti-Semitic or neo-Nazi soldiers,” Mack and 35 other human rights activists wrote. They had written that Ukrainian armed forces use rifles made in Israel “and are trained by Israelis,” according to reports in the country. The head of the Israeli arms export agency declined to deny the reports, or to even discuss cancellation of the weapons licenses, citing “security” concerns.
  • ssu
    Anyway, hey look, Israel gives weapons to neo-Nazis - the same neo-Nazi's ssu likes to pretend don't exist:StreetlightX
    Again outright lie from you, but please do continue with neonazi theme! After all, I mentioned Mariupol and where other place is the National Guard regiment (not battalion anymore, FYI) than in Mariupol!

There's a ton of Russian propaganda about captured Azov fighters. After all, the purpose of the special military operation was denazification!!! So go with that.

But do then change the thread before you continue your ad hominem attacks. Because that's what responding to your comments is: volunteering oneself as the target of your critique, as you aptly put it yourself.
  • Streetlight
    Ah right, because the Russians said something it can't be true. And what was that about 'not condemning things' because you don't like the source? At least I can unequivocally call the Russian attack murderous and unjustified. You on the other hand will literally spread Nazi PR for them by pretending they don't exist.

Also very cute how your response to an article is "no it's a lie" based on... what, your charisma?
  • ssu
    Ah right, because the Russians said something it can't be true.StreetlightX

Oh it's true. There are ultra-right people in the Azov battalion. I'm not denying it. That's the brilliance of Russian propaganda in 2014, the whole "but their all neonazis!" trick worked well.

Then again, in Mariupol the mayor has estimated that 21000 have been killed. Many corpses on the streets. What the actual figures are, likely history will tell us. Somehow I won't believe it will end up being 210 killed or 2100 killed.

At least I can unequivocally call the Russian attack murderous and unjustified.StreetlightX
    And that's why I respect you and answer you. It's not all futile to talk to you as you can use your own head in these issues.

You on the other hand will literally spread Nazi PR for them by pretending they don't exist.StreetlightX
    That's false. I haven't said they don't exist. But give the examples then.
  • Streetlight
    But give the examples then.ssu

https://www.jacobinmag.com/2022/04/ukraine-russia-putin-azov-neo-nazis-western-media

--

Anyway, I will refrain from making this a thread about Ukraine. Just wanted to comment on Israel arming Ukrainian neo-Nazis. Much like their sponsors, the US.
  • ssu
    As I said, I haven't denied them.

I'll end too.
  • Manuel
    https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/rocket-sirens-sound-over-gaza-border-1.10749254

Israel Intercepts Gaza Rocket After Sirens Sound on Border

2022, huh.
  • Streetlight
    Ah, time to massacre a bunch of Palestianian children in response, no doubt.
  • Manuel

You mean human shields?

According to the article, Israeli intelligence do not believe this will escalate to war.

I hope they are right.

But in a few days, such comments can age like milk.
  • Streetlight
    I hope they are right.Manuel

Well they are bombing Gaza again.

https://twitter.com/richimedhurst/status/1516187116790849540?t=soDqzt6BP2ZjQoGyl6D2Qw&s=19

Can't wait till the virtuous West starts singing songs about the "violation of sovereignty" while changing their little flags to Palentinian ones in solidary against an racist, violent ethnostate.
  • Manuel

Hoping it doesn't last long. This really sucks.
  • Streetlight
    Israel needs to stop existing in the form it currently does.

• Agent Smith
    Hasty/Sweeping Generalization.
  • Benkei
    Back in the days of South African Apartheid people didn't find moral clarity so difficult. Israel is a racist, shit country.
  • Agent Smith
    Maybe there's a silver lining to all this senseless killings - the most violent members on both sides of the border are slowly offing each other. Only the peaceful one's will come out of this alive and finally in say about a century or two we can have some peace and quiet in the Middle East! :snicker:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.