• NOS4A2

I don’t lecture others how they should live. I don’t seek control over others’ lives. I don’t seek to impose rules on others I myself refuse to follow. I don’t stand in front of the world and preach the end of days while I contribute to it.

I shop local.
  • James Riley
    I don’t lecture others how they should live. I don’t seek control over others’ lives. I don’t seek to impose rules on others I myself refuse to follow. I don’t stand in front of the world and preach the end of days while I contribute to it.NOS4A2

That's because you are a hypocrite.

I shop local.NOS4A2

No you don't. No one shops local. You shop China, Mexico and everywhere else your local shit is sourced. No, wait . . . that computer and key board you just pounded your lies out on were built in your home town. :roll:
  • NOS4A2

I’ve never bought anything from the CCP, nor have I sent them any money or lip service. Besides, you wouldn’t know where my money goes in any case, so I think all you can do is imply that if I own something made in China, I must have some specious connection with the CCP bilking wealth from their serfs, all to “bring them into the future”, no doubt. But that sounds like something right up your alley, not mine.
  • James Riley
    I’ve never bought anything from the CCP, nor have I sent them any money or lip service.NOS4A2

You are either a bald-faced liar, you are woefully ignorant about global markets, or you live in a cave. Guess what? You are on the internet so you don't live in a cave.

Besides, you wouldn’t know where my money goes in any caseNOS4A2

See above.

all you can do is imply that if I own something made in China,NOS4A2

I don't imply shit. I know it for a fact. See above.

I must have some specious connection with the CCPNOS4A2

It's not specious. It's communist global capitalism.

bilking wealth from their serfsNOS4A2

Not their serfs. You're the serf. We are all the serfs. There might be a few hippies off grid somewhere, but you ain't one, and they aren't on the internet or using tech like you.

all to “bring them into the future”,NOS4A2

No, it's you in the future, dude. You are supporting commies. Hypocrite.
  • NOS4A2

Yes the CCP steals labor and money from its people, like all Communist parties. I don’t. You don’t know where my money goes, where your money goes, simply because you haven’t followed it. You couldn’t know if your tax dollars go to ratheon contracts or into Joe Biden’s hair plugs. Until then you can only imagine things.

Anyways, what’s more interesting is your idea of someone dragging us proles into the future, and Joe Biden is the one to do it. I’d love to hear it.
  • James Riley
    Yes the CCP steals labor and money from its people, like all Communist parties. I don’t.NOS4A2

Yes, you do. You own shit made in China. You steal labor and money from people. You are a communist aider and abetter.

You don’t know where my money goes, where your money goes, simply because you haven’t followed it.NOS4A2

Yes, I do. Because I'm smarter than you. I know global economies and how they work. You may have a mother board assembled in Taiwan or the U.S. but some of the parts were made in China. But I'll go further than that and say that, if you are a man of honor, you will root through your house and car and come back on line here and tell us about all the commie stuff you have.

Anyways, what’s more interesting is your idea of someone dragging us proles into the future, and Joe Biden is the one to do it. I’d love to hear it.NOS4A2

Nice dodge, son. But let's get back to your hipocracy and your support for communism. What's a guy like you who spouts all that libertarian shit doing supporting communism?
  • Benkei
    That's enough guys. @James Riley please keep the personal stuff out of it.
  • Streetlight
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59144293

"Republican Glenn Youngkin has been elected as Virginia's next governor in a major upset, according to US media projections. He was 2.1 points ahead of Democrat Terry McAuliffe, with 99% of votes counted. Mr McAuliffe, who served as governor from 2014-18, saw his opinion poll lead vanish in recent weeks. The ballot has been widely seen as a referendum on Joe Biden's presidency, and defeat will unnerve the Democrats. Mr Biden won by 10 points in Virginia in the presidential election just a year ago".

What is the objective role of the democratic party? To stop the left at all costs, and then lubricate the way for Republican victories. Republican lighter fluid for Republican immolation. If, in the meantime, they can funnel taxpayer money to corporations while doing so, then all the better.

Democratic supporters are Republican supporters with extra steps.

Very cute to see two Trump supporters going at it up top.
  • James Riley
    please keep the personal stuff out of it.Benkei

Roger that.

I should have just said "Let he without hypocracy cast the first allegation of hypocracy" and let it go. I doubt it would have been understood, but I doubt the long way around was understood either.

Anyway, thanks for the reminder.
  • Benkei
    I think I've asked this before once or twice but what is your solution to global warming? You've never replied so I'm left so far with three conclusions: Either you don't have a plan, can't be bothered to explain it here or believe global warming is a hoax. Would be nice to clarify.
  • NOS4A2

My plan is the same as it always has been: to direct my own activities in a way that will not hurt the environment.
  • Mikie

The only thing that exists is the individual. Anything else is communism.

The individual seeking their interests— that’s it. No such thing as society. Thus, we need a government only for courts and police. Everything else should be based on private property and the opportunity to succeed in an unregulated, free market. That will solve all problems.
  • James Riley
    The only thing that exists is the individual. Anything else is communism.

The individual seeking their interests— that’s it. No such thing as society. Thus, we need a government only for courts and police. Everything else should be based on private property and the opportunity to succeed in an unregulated, free market. That will solve all problems.
    Xtrix

Got it. I was wondering how we would direct our activities in a way that will not hurt the environment. We should copyright/patent this idea, go on Shark Tank and . . . make some money.
  • John McMannis
    The only thing that exists is the individual. Anything else is communism.Xtrix

What about friends and family? I was part of a soccer team growing up, and it was a lot of fun. We were always taught to play as a team and not just as individuals. I think there could be a balance there between the two maybe.
  • NOS4A2

Your friends, your family, your team, and your community are composed of individuals. No balance is required.
  • John McMannis
    Yeah that's true. But I guess I mean it like in sports. It's true that they're all individuals, but they're also a team. To play as a team is different than playing just for yourself and your own glory, gotta pass the ball and stuff. I don't think that means it's communism though.
  • Mikie
    What about friends and family?John McMannis

That was all satire buddy.
  • NOS4A2

It’s true. Individuals cooperate quite well. But if individuals in a team sacrifice one of their members for the team, they refute themselves, and go against both the individual and the team.
  • Benkei
    And how do your propose is it established which activities hurt the environment and which don't? And what about your upstream neighbour polluting the river and air because it doesn't affect him?
  • NOS4A2

I suppose it is established by tastes, learning and experience. One can develop a conscience and through it direct his actions in a manner that suits it.
  • Benkei
    I suppose it is established by tastes, learning and experience.NOS4A2

And nobody ever disagrees? How do you resolve disagreements?

One can develop a conscience and through it direct his actions in a manner that suits it.NOS4A2

Is "he" the polluting neighbour? What do you mean with "direct"? Ask nicely? He asks you if you own the air or the water. "No? Then fuck off."

Describe to me what should happen moving from today to whatever target you think should be met with respect to global warming and how that would presumably come about.
  • NOS4A2

Since you asked how I propose it is established which activities hurt the environment, I answered that it is established by tastes, learning and experience. One can develop a conscience and through it direct his actions in a manner that suits it. In English, the pronoun "one" is supposed to serve as indication that I am speaking of no one in particular, including the "polluting neighbor". So I was speaking generally.
  • Mikie
    Climate change is a Chinese hoax because Trump said so.
  • Benkei
    Uhuh. So no plan, just naive wishful thinking. Got it. Good to know we can ignore whatever you have to say about global warming from here on out. Come back when you have actual solutions and we can have an actual discussion.
  • NOS4A2

Discussion? More like inquisition. You were unable to provide anything but snarky questions, in a thread about Joe Biden, no less.
  • Michael Zwingli

THE ANTI-URBAN DICTIONARY MANIFESTO

Ah, Wheatley! Wheatley, Wheatley, Wheatley... I would advise you not to cite this (um...garbage) "Urban Dictionary" in your posts. I know that as an intelligent fellow, you are above this. I have, upon occasion, received websearch "hits" of urban dictionary entries, and the inanity that I have always found there has ever left my head a-wagging. This site is only good for informing about how people in the ghetto, as well as "ghetto" people who live elsewhere than in the ghetto (following the cogent distinction originally forwarded by 'Malcolm X'), define the terms of their existence. Now, before anybody "gets their back up" about this, let me state overtly that these are not intended as remarks with any 'racial' connotations whatsoever, there being many 'caucasian' people who are subsumed within the group heretofore defined. This post is serious in nature, and intended to indicate a real folly.

Many most, of the entries in the U.D. are (a) both semantically and/or grammatically incorrect, (b) vulgar, and (c) exhibiting a degenerative mental orientation towards what I might call a "typically American 'ghetto' mythos". I mean, who writes this shit, "Cita" from "Cita's World"? The instant definition of "bandwagon" is illustrative of one of these inherent problems, particularly of "(a)" above, within the "Urban Dictionary". The Urban Dictionary entry for "bandwagon" states:
    bandwagon
    Taking interest in something just to fit in with the crowd.
    "Walker started watching Hockey because the Bruins where in the playoffs and everyone else was watching it. Walker is a major bandwagon."
    ...wherein the definition is faultily rendered in the sense of a deverbal adjective, to wit, a participle ("bandwagon" is a noun, not a verb or a verbal participle), and the usage example is given in an improperly nominative sense, that is, in the sense of a noun, but still incorrectly for being the wrong type of noun...that is, not as the specific type of derived noun (perhaps "bandwagoner", or "bandwagoneer" would be more correct?) which should be used within the example.

Please guys, let us refrain from ever citing the Urban Dictionary for any reason, as so doing would seem to have the power to reflect negatively upon the level of discourse here on TPF. If you need a lexicographic citation, the just use Wiktionary. At least then, you have definitions generally written by pro lexicographers or others interested in good lexicography. Any appearance of the U.D. on this site just reflects badly...
  • Benkei
    Don't gaslight me. There wasn't anything snarky about my questions.You simply aren't able to answer them. You've convinced yourself about a political system fit for nothing and fail to explain every time I've asked about it how to deal with specific problems. You don't have any idea what you're talking about with respect to political science, law or ethics. Come back when you can talk about actual solutions instead of just complaining about how shit everything is. Everybody can criticize but actually coming up with solutions is where the actual thinking is involved. If you can't evolve your thinking beyond "government bad, freedom good" then there's nothing to talk about. My questions are supposed to elicit you to think beyond weak criticism and you simply aren't capable of doing it.
  • James Riley
    in a thread about Joe Biden, no less.NOS4A2

If I recall, his BBB was trying to get at this global warming issue.

Anyway, there is this thing called "the common good." The tussle is over who gets to decide what that is, how to achieve it, or if it even exists.

Some just don't like the word "common", and can't even seem to get past that to the word "good." Others don't have any input on it at all. It is perfectly understandable that those who are concerned with the common good seek the input of others. That's what communities do.

At the end of the day, you can lead, follow, get out of the way, or actively resist. When it comes to global warming, what do you suggest?
  • Mikie
    Discussion? More like inquisition.NOS4A2

:lol: :lol: :rofl:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal