• Streetlight
    https://www.amazon.com.au/Killing-Hope-Military-Interventions-Since/dp/1567512526

https://www.amazon.com.au/Washington-Bullets-History-Coups-Assassinations/dp/1583679065

https://www.amazon.com.au/Jakarta-Method-Washingtons-Anticommunist-Crusade/dp/1541742400

Or maybe learn how the US is in fact the most destructive piece of shit country on Earth that has consistently ended democratic movements and consistently crushed the freedoms of billions around the world. And continues to.
  • frank
    He's nuts.Wheatley

But I know what it's like to go around with an invisible red bandana waiting for the revolution.

One day I noticed that the world doesn't really need one more angry man. There's billions of them.
  • frank
    Or maybe learn how the US is in fact the most deatructive piece of shit country on EarthStreetlightX

It's not. It comes in behind China, Russia, Germany, and the British.

Chump change, really.
  • Streetlight
    It's not. It comes in behind China, Russia, Germany, and the British.frank

Sure, if you guzzle US propaganda.
  • frank
    Sure, if you guzzle US propaganda.StreetlightX

Oh good grief.
  • Wheatley
    But I know what it's like to go around with an invisible red bandana waiting for the revolution.frank
    Talk is cheap.

One day I noticed that the world doesn't really need one more angry man. There's billions of them.frank
    I can't afford to buy all those books. I'm just an ignorant peasant. :cry:
  • frank
    I can't afford to buy all those books. I'm just an ignorant peasantWheatley

I was just reading about medieval peasant food. They actually had a pretty healthy diet.

Thanks to the Sugar Association we don't (for real, it's a whole thing). You have to live like a medieval peasant to get healthy.
  • Wheatley
    Thanks to the Sugar Association we don't (for real, it's a whole thing). You have to live like a medieval peasant to get healthy.frank
    That's American capitalist propaganda.
  • frank
    That's American propaganda.Wheatley

I know, right? The Sugar Association says:

"Find Out How Sugar Plays an Important Role in Nutritious, Balanced, & Enjoyable Diets!"

And that's just wrong.
  • Wheatley

That's fluff.
  • frank
    That's fluff.Wheatley

Like marshmallows?
  • Wheatley

Like meaningless.
  • frank
    Like meaningless.Wheatley

Well that's what I was aiming for.
  • Wheatley
    Stop. This is a Joe Biden thread.
  • Wheatley
    BTW, I'm not defending Joe Biden (I didn't vote for him). I'm just trying to play devil's advocate. And this thread isn't about ( a very slanted) US history or the cold war.
  • James Riley
    Stop. This is a Joe Biden thread.Wheatley

So, this is not where I come to say "Well what about Trump? He did etc etc."?
  • Wheatley
    So, this is not where I come to say "Well what about Trump? He did etc etc."?James Riley
    No whatabouts. This thread is a platform to complain about Biden. :naughty:
  • James Riley
    No whatabouts. This thread is a platform to complain about Biden.Wheatley

Gotcha! I had thought whataboutism was a uniquely American stupidity, but when I complained about Trump on the Trump thread, I was treated to a bunch of stupidity about Biden. Naturally I had to ask. I thought maybe I'd missed something. Anyway, thanks for the clarification. Glad to know that whataboutism hasn't gained traction everywhere.
  • Wheatley
    I had thought whataboutism was a uniquely American stupidity, but when I complained about Trump on the Trump thread, I was treated to a bunch of stupidity about Biden.James Riley
    We can't have that. It's crucial that we keep the complaints and grievances separate.Only then we end US tyranny around the globe. We shall complain on the streets and sidewalks, we shall complain with growing confidence and growing strength on cable news, we shall defend our US adversaries, whatever the cost may be.
  • James Riley

Gotta love Winston! :grin:
  • frank
    No whatabouts. This thread is a platform to complain about BidenWheatley

Biden wants to settle a giant chunk of change on the American people. Europe does austerity. America does Cash Hemorrhages. The conservatives like to Hemorrhage toward various military ventures. Liberals prefer to Hemorrhage toward social welfare.

Biden is from the era when a politician might support both kinds of Hemorrhagic activity. And why not?
  • James Riley
    The conservatives like to Hemorrhage toward various military ventures. Liberals prefer to Hemorrhage toward social welfare.frank

Trickle down is a proven failure. Trickle up is proven to work. The only issue is this: When you redistribute wealth to those who will actually spend it, those at the top will actually have to work to get some of it. We can't have that! After all, if you work, you pay taxes and that's verboten.
  • frank
    When you redistribute wealth to those who will actually spend it, those at the top will actually have to work to get some of it.James Riley

There's another problem, though. Have you heard about the Great Resignation? It includes me. I left my job for a nice juicy role somewhere else. In my exit interview, I realized my ex-boss is either headed toward, or in a critical labor shortage. This is happening everywhere

BTW, this also happened after the Great Plague. Power came to the labor class not through solidarity, but through fucking disaster.

What does that tell you?
  • James Riley
    What does that tell you?frank

It tells me I was right. It's just one of the lessons we can take out of the pandemic. .gov wasn't bailing out the banks/industry like it usually does; it was putting money in the pockets of labor; i.e. those who will spend it on something besides yachts and emerging markets. Even banks and industry knew where there bread was buttered when the shit hit the fan.
  • Wheatley
    Power came to the labor class not through solidarity, but through fucking disaster.frank
    No need for Marxism then!
  • frank
    No need for Marxism then!Wheatley

I don't think there's ever been a need for Marxism.
  • Wheatley

No need to divide the world into opressed and oppressor?
  • frank
    No need to divide society into opressed and oppressorWheatley

Is that what Marxism does? Well, yes, we need that.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment