• Brett

while worms like you sit on the sidelines smiling about it.
    27 minutes ago
    Baden

But not you, eh?
  • frank
    Ignore him.
  • Brett

What do you want to see happening next?frank

More pressure on politicians.
  • Baden

I pointed out a woman died. So, no. She happened to be a Trump supporter. You and NOS think you've achieved something. That's who you are. Live with it.
  • frank
    More pressure on politicians.Brett

To do what?
  • Garth
    So this Baden guy is actually an admin on this site and all he does is insult people who have different views than him? Starting to wonder if I've wasted my time here.
  • Brett

You and NOS think you've achieved something. That's who you are. Live with it.Baden

I’m really baffled by your attitude. Moderator and administrator?
  • Brett

To do what?frank

Is this going to go on long?
  • Baden
    So this Baden guy is actually an admin on this site and all he does is insult people who have different views than him? Starting to wonder if I've wasted my time here.Garth

No, that's not all I do. I do call out scumbags from time to time, but mostly I make mildly witty remarks to entertain the folks.
  • frank
    So this Baden guy is actually an admin on this site and all he does is insult people who have different views than him? Starting to wonder if I've wasted my time here.Garth

They have a double standard. You just have to leave when it starts annoying you.
  • Baden
    I’m really baffled by your attitudeBrett

I know. :lol:
  • Brett

Well certainly not moderator.
  • frank
    Is this going to go on long?Brett

apparently not
  • Baden
    They have a double standard.frank

Funny, you just told someone to 'fuck off' and weren't moderated.
  • Garth
    I don't even know what NOS stands for.
  • NOS4A2
    She was veteran storming the capitol building only to be gunned down by police. It’s tragic.

• NOS4A2

I don't even know what NOS stands for.

That’s me.
  • Brett

I imagine we want the same things. You want to know what I want from pressure on politicians?: integrity, honesty, true representation, commitment to the welfare of the people. You know those things we support.
  • Garth

Many more people will die from Ohio's new stand your ground because a black person walking up to a white person is inherently threatening.
  • Brett

Though to be fair, Baden, you don’t punish people for disagreeing. And this OP is very heated, so we either enter or stay out if we don’t like it.
  • NOS4A2

Many more people will die from Ohio's new stand your ground because a black person walking up to a white person is inherently threatening.

No, you cannot discern an inherent threat from a man’s skin-color.
  • Baden

But I've been a naughty boy, I know. Thanks for understanding. :kiss:
  • frank
    Ok Mitch's speech was excellent.
  • ssu
    One thing is obvious.

The US won't heal, as Joe Biden would want it to.

The polarization will continue, the alienation will continue. The fringes will continue to dominate the scene (at least in the minds of people when thinking of those on the other side). The silent majority will stay silent. Trump has really helped polarization a lot.

And I think this will just slowly continue to erode American's belief in their own system. Demonstrations, protests and denials of election wins will have that effect.

Listened to great current interview from Jonathan Haidt, who in my view made good rational comments. One thing what he mentioned is the obvious generational gap. With older folks and with Biden's generation, domestic politics could be heated, but Americans could unite especially once on the international scene as there was a Cold War going on. However the younger generations have seen only dismal US invasions, hence they don't share that kind of patriotism anymore. And of course no Soviet Union or Marxism-Leninism, hence the left/right divide is seen differently.

• Brett

Well why shouldn’t you have your opinion? Who wants to sit on the sidelines?
  • praxis

He has an Irish temper.
  • Baden
    He has an Irish temper.praxis

I am really fucking pissed off a woman had to die today to satisfy Trump's ego. In fact, I'm fucking furious. But I'll go drink some whiskey instead of ranting here.
  • praxis
    I don’t know why these people were allowed to get in the capitol building, or why they bothered to do so.NOS4A2

Trump’s zombie hordes didn’t have the attention span for the boring political theatre that Ted Cruz and the other power-grubbing congressmen had planned for today so they spiced things up a bit. They made their own symbolic gesture, one befitting the lame duck prez.

So far, at least one congressmen has withdrawn their opposition to the electoral count and confirming Biden, as a result of the riot.
  • frank
    Trump is a weak man. He can't admit when he's wrong. He just squirms and mealy mouths if someone points to his faults.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.