• Merkwurdichliebe
    Scum like Biden?!Relativist

Absolutely scum. He's a lacky to the status quo. I hope he gets elected so you can see all the fucked up shit he never talks about, but that he plans on doing. But, it really doesn't matter who gets "elected", everything is going to keep getting worse... at this point in history, there is no indication that American decadence is reversible
  • frank

What do you think will take its place?
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    What do you think will take its place?frank

With Biden, all of meaningless surface issues will likely reverse. But military policy will continue unimpeded, and American prosperity will continue to be sold out to foreign interests. And worst of all, black kids will continue to be terrorized and murdered by a police force which will continue to be inflated, meanwhile guns will continue to be stripped from guilty-til-proven-innocent violent non-offenders, while white kids continue with public massacres unimpeded by the overinflated police force (kinda ironic).

Finally, covid mandates will become a permanent public health measure.
  • frank
    Probably. Lots of cool stuff will happen too, though.
  • Relativist
    Absolutely scum. He's a lacky to the status quo. I hope he gets elected so you can see all the fucked up shit he never talks about, but that he plans on doing.Merkwurdichliebe
    You're judging both Trump and Biden "scum" because they won't do the things you want done. That's a weird standard. You must think the world is filled with scum.

I judge Trump scum because he is a narcissistic sociopath. Even if I believed the well-being of the country would be identical in 4 years, regardless of winner, I'd vote for the guy who'd not the narcissistic sociopath.

But I actually think the nation WILL be better off with someone who displays decency and refrains from stoking negative, destructive passions.

To each his own.
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    You're judging both Trump and Biden "scum" because they won't do the things you want done.Relativist

Yes. But do you know what I want done, or are you assuming??? You know what happens when you assume, don't you? It makes you look like a bitch. Of course, I'm not assuming you are assuming here...I assume.

You must think the world is filled with scum.Relativist
    Absolutely, I hope you're not scum. But in all fairness, we're probably all scum, relativistically speaking.

I judge Trump scum because he is a narcissistic sociopath. Even if I believed the well-being of the country would be identical in 4 years, regardless of winner, I'd vote for the guy who'd not the narcissistic sociopath.Relativist

Well I guess you wouldn't be voting for president this election. And if you would, I would applause your legendary naivety for its historical novelty.

But I actually think the nation WILL be better off with someone who displays decency and refrains from stoking negative, destructive passions.

To each his own.
    Relativist

Negative, destructive passions? You mean like drones strikes on foreign land? Or reducing opportunities for decent american citizens on behalf of the few?
  • Relativist
    Negative, destructive passions? You mean like drones strikes on foreign land?Merkwurdichliebe
    No, I mean things like normalizing degradation of those with whom we disagree, and stoking hatred and division.
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    I mean things like normalizing degradation of those with whom we disagree, and stoking hatred and division.Relativist

You mean like drones strikes on foreign land? Or reducing opportunities for decent american citizens on behalf of the few?Merkwurdichliebe
  • Streetlight
    Biden is a cunt whose 40 year long career in politics has contributed to immeserating millions in both the US and outside of it, I think everyone can agree rather uncontroversially.

He's probably a rather affable, pleasant man (with a penchant for young girls), but were he to drop dead tomorrow the net manevolance in the universe would correspondingly drop by a number of degrees.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    Trump is the kind of guy who went down to the crossroads and sold his soul to the Devil in exchange for some extraordinary political talents.Hippyhead

He sold his soul to some Russian oligarchs, and they got him elected. He has no political talents. And contrary to what you say, that's not so smart.
  • Relativist
    He's not in the same category as Trump. More in the same category of being an establishment politician like Hillary Clinton, except without the toxic image, which is why he'll likely do far better than she ever did.Mr Bee
    Trump has certainly not been establishment. Was that a good thing?

I wonder if the 2016 Bernie supporters who voted for Trump are truly happily with what they got.
  • Streetlight
    Trump is in every way an establishment politician who was worked to better the conditions of the same corporate overlords who rule over American politics. That he does it while being a clown makes him no less establishment. In fact his buffonary has been an boon to them, allowing him to get away with far more than others who would be in his position.
  • Relativist
    I disagree. Trump is an incredible politician, in that he really knows how to connect with certain people and motivate them. Suppose he motivates a 90% turnout of his supporters: he will win.
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    Biden is a cunt whose 40 year long career in politics has contributed to immeserating millions in both the US and outside of it, I think everyone can agree rather uncontroversially.

He's probably a rather affable, pleasant man (with a penchant for young girls), but were he to drop dead tomorrow the net manevolance in the universe would correspondingly drop by a number of degrees.
    StreetlightX

Genius! Why can't everyone see this?
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    Trump is in every way an establishment politician who has worked to better the conditions of the same corporate overlords who rule over American politics. That he does it while being a clown makes him no less establishment. In fact his buffonary has been a boon to them, allowing him to get away with far more than others who would be in his position.StreetlightX

Genius! Why can't everyone see this?
  • Relativist
    That he does it while being a clown makes him no less establishment.StreetlightX
    What's unique is that this clown-like behavior is the core of his appeal to his supporters.
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    Trump is an incredible politicianRelativist

He is a master salesman. He knows how to sell bullshit as good as anyone who has ever sold anything. He has his opponents buying more of his bullshit than anything ever bought by any demographic in American history
  • Streetlight
    The scorn heaped upon Trump's personal (rather than political) behaviour had always had a humongous element of classism built into it. Trump does not act like how we want our rich people to act. He acts - shockingly - like a 'tasteless', that is to say poor man, with all the table manners of a prole. Liberals - who don't give a rats ass about politics so long as everyone is polite - cannot stand this. His base love that fact. His unique appeal is a function of class dynamics, and he trades on it like few others can.
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    The scorn heaped upon Trump's personal (rather than political) behaviour had always had a humongous element of classism built into it. Trump does not act like how we want our rich people to act. He acts - shockingly - like a 'tasteless', that is to say poor man, with all the table manners of a prole. Liberals cannot stand this. His base love that fact. His unique appeal is a function of class dynamics, and he trades on it like few others can.StreetlightX

I want more...on Biden too!
  • Relativist
    The scorn heaped upon Trump's personal (rather than political) behaviour had always had a humongous element of classism built into it.StreetlightX
    Trump retweets an implausible conspiracy theory about a staged killing of bin Laden, defends doing so because he doesn't know if it's true or not, and he wants people to judge for themselves. So you think the judgment of that is due to classism. I strongly disagree.
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    Trump retweets an implausible conspiracy theory about a staged killing of bin Laden, defends doing so because he doesn't know if it's true or not, and he wants people to judge for themselves. So you think the judgment of that is due to classism. I strongly disagree.Relativist

Bin laden has served nothing better than the agenda of the Bush regime. All the rest is hype. Congratulations on eating it up!
  • Streetlight
    I literally do not give a shit about Trump retweeting whatever trash he happens upon while internetting. You couldn't pay me to give less fucks. If you continue to be surprised and outraged by such behaviour, you deserve a shithead like Trump.
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    I literally do not give a shit about Trump retweeting whatever trash he happens upon while internetting. You couldn't pay me to give less fucks. If you continue to be surprised and outraged by such behaviour, you deserve a shithead like TrumpStreetlightX

:rofl:
  • Streetlight
    Like, it's been four years. If people continue to be surprised that Trump is a total wanker, who, really, is the idiot?

People act like - if only one can accumulate enough evidence that Trump is an idiot, people are bound to change their minds any second. Everytime Trump says or tweets or looks or does something stupid, liberals mobilize en masse to say: 'look, we finally got him! Don't you see it?'. And when no one gives a flying fuck because no one except liberals are playing that insular, suffocating game, they bunker down and wait for the next act of outrage before crawling out of their holes again to add yet one more piece of evidence to their list that no one but them gives a shit about.

And then, to top it off, they get incredulous like - why can't the hoi polloi see what we see? They must be dumb. We must be too smart for them! Didn't you see his Tweet??!?!? Wasn't it TeRrIbLE?? Like holy shit these people are the dumbest peices of shit on the planet and they think the situation is exactly the opposite.
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    And when no one gives a flying fuck because no one except liberals are playing that insular, suffocating game, they bunker down and wait for the next act of outrage before crawling out of their holes again to add yet one more peice of evidence to their list that nonone but them gives a shit about.StreetlightX

And then, to top it off, they get incredulous like - why can't the hoi polloi see what we see? They must be dumb. We must be too smart for them! Didn't you see his Tweet??!?!? Wasn't it TeRrIbLE?? Like holy shit these people are the dumbest peices of shit on the planet and they think the situation is exactly the opposite.StreetlightX

Fuckin A!!! So on point. I hate Trump sooooo much. But I hate the bullshit of the L's so goddamn much that I'm willing to pretend to be an R-tard just to piss them off. It's so fucked!
  • Streetlight
    Don't worry too much about labels dude. Just give a shit about people and recognize when some strategies play right into the opposite of that.
  • _db
    :fire: That was fantastic.
  • Merkwurdichliebe

You gotta direct quote gold like that, like this:

Like, it's been four years. If people continue to be surprised that Trump is a total wanker, who, really, is the idiot?

People act like - if only one can accumulate enough evidence that Trump is an idiot, people are bound to change their minds any second. Everytime Trump says or tweets or looks or does something stupid, liberals mobilize en masse to say: 'look, we finally got him! Don't you see it?'. And when no one gives a flying fuck because no one except liberals are playing that insular, suffocating game, they bunker down and wait for the next act of outrage before crawling out of their holes again to add yet one more piece of evidence to their list that no one but them gives a shit about.

And then, to top it off, they get incredulous like - why can't the hoi polloi see what we see? They must be dumb. We must be too smart for them! Didn't you see his Tweet??!?!? Wasn't it TeRrIbLE?? Like holy shit these people are the dumbest peices of shit on the planet and they think the situation is exactly the opposite.
    StreetlightX
  • _db
    The reply name contains a link to the comment, which fulfills the same function without duplicating text :up:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.