• NOS4A2

And in current context, it's all a great big red herring.

It has the potential to become the biggest corruption and political scandal American history.
  • tim wood
    It has the potential to become the biggest corruption and political scandal American history.NOS4A2
    A very great big smelly stinking red herring. And you offend sense by ignoring sense.
  • NOS4A2

A very great big smelly stinking red herring. And you offend sense by ignoring sense.

I guess we’ll find out, because if Giuliani’s documented evidence and testimony is true, it will prove your impeachment to be a red-herring, and worse, a cover-up.
  • tim wood
    I guess we’ll find out, because if Giuliani’s documented evidence and testimony is true, it will prove your impeachment to be a red-herring, and worse, a cover-up.NOS4A2

Either - both - will be resolved as to matters of fact. What am I saying?!?! What do facts matter to liars and their sycophants?
  • NOS4A2

Either - both - will be resolved as to matters of fact. What am I saying?!?! What do facts matter to liars and their sycophants?

You have been wrong about everything, Tim. And all of what you say is without irony. One day the fever will break and I’ll be one of the first to welcome you back.
  • Monitor
    DOJ is accepting evidence from Giuliani while Giuliani is being investigated by the DOJ?
  • tim wood
    You have been wrong about everything, Tim.NOS4A2

Really? And you know this how?
  • Benkei
    Exactly true when you mean Trump.
  • Michael
    This is real corruption.
  • NOS4A2

Both prosecutors who left the case were Obama stooges. Sounds like justice to me.
  • Baden
    The President can now decide that his friends get more lenient sentences? And if they don't, just pardon them. Banana republic stuff.
  • Michael
    Both prosecutors who left the case were Obama stooges. Sounds like justice to me.NOS4A2

Yes, the President complains that one of his previous associates is being treated too harshly after being found guilty of witness tampering, obstruction, and false statements in relation to an investigation into the President's campaign, and then hours later the Department of Justice decides to reverse its sentencing suggestion from the previous day - and that's justice. And it's even more just because the reversal triggered the resignation of four prosecutors, at least two of whom are apparently Obama stooges.

And the real corruption is that Hunter Biden was offered a highly paid job whilst his father was Vice President because Giuliani says so.

Gotcha.

But honestly, your positions are laughable. I don't know what would be worse; if you actually believed the things you say or if this is all gaslighting.
  • NOS4A2

According to the DOJ it had no contact with the White House, and that the decision to change the sentencing recommendation was made before the Trump tweet. So, once again, you’re dealing in conspiracy theory when there are countless other reasons why such a change was made. One valid reason is excessive sentencing for what amounts to process crimes. The DOJ agreed Stone should pay for his crimes, only that such an excessive sentence wasn’t warranted. They rescinded the recommendation and deferred the sentencing to the judge of the case.

So if that position is laughable, what of the position of your conspiracy theory? It’s not me doing the “gas-lighting”.
  • Monitor
    According to the DOJ it had no contact with the White House, and that the decision to change the sentencing recommendation was made before the Trump tweet.NOS4A2

What makes this true? The media?
  • Benkei
    As I said before Trump and his bootlickers are corrupt. You don't need to discuss the merits of that position with NOS4A2 as he's an imbecile or paid off.
  • Benkei
    Considering his reply it's worse.
  • NOS4A2

What makes this true? The media?

What makes it false?
  • NOS4A2

That’s your white privilege talking.
  • Monitor
    You made the claim.
  • NOS4A2

You made the claim.

I did not.
  • Benkei
    Was that an attempt at a joke? The best joke here is your maintaining Trump isn't corrupt. As I said before, I don't read US media so I know exactly what's going on in the US. It's a banana Republic.
  • NOS4A2

You have an awful habit of reminding us you’re a lawyer. What corruption has trump committed?
  • Monitor
    I did not.NOS4A2

I was just bored and felt like typing something. You are indefeasible. Go on reading your rebuttals.
  • Monitor
    Oh Shit! Are you a lawyer? Okay, never mind. Goodnight.
  • Benkei
    Yet I didn't just now so why bring it up? Oh wait, lawyers can't be trusted so what I say can't be trusted. Whatever man.

I'm not wasting time with a bad faith actor like you. Trump is corrupt because he obstructed justice where it concerned the Russian meddling in the 2016 election multiple times as Mueller reported and he unlawfully and inappropriately pressured Ukraine to investigate the Bidens. That the Republican majority considers power more important than doing their constitutional job means Trump is in similar company. That you're such a partisan hack that you don't see it is testimony to the pathetic state of political discourse in the USA.
  • Monitor
    Sorry, wrong person
  • Monitor
    The combination of NOS4A2 and your profession was too satisfying a conclusion. I apologizes.
  • NOS4A2

Yet I didn't just now so why bring it up? Oh wait, lawyers can't be trusted so what I say can't be trusted. Whatever man.

I'm not wasting time with a bad faith actor like you. Trump is corrupt because he obstructed justice where it concerned the Russian meddling in the 2016 election multiple times as Mueller reported and he unlawfully and inappropriately pressured Ukraine to investigate the Bidens. That the Republican majority considers power more important than doing their constitutional job means Trump is in similar company. That you're such a partisan hack that you don't see it is testimony to the pathetic state of political discourse in the USA.

I wouldn’t trust a lawyer who simply repeats unproven conspiracy theories, that’s for sure. “Inappropriate” and “unlawful”—your opinions are as lacking as the brain matter they’re founded on. It appears you swallow more American discourse than I do.
  • Punshhh

Your only defence is that the populism and egotistical property tycoon antics employed by the President to play the crowd are not contravening the law. And yet you imply that he is squeaky clean and respects his office. Where is your criticism of his disrespect of office?
  • Punshhh

NOS4A2 is discredited as an impartial commentator here. He/she has gone around the block a number of times now, simply trotting out the same tired responses. If there is difficulty in defending Trump, just pull out a divide and rule trope and then anything your opponent says is smeared as jealous partisan scheming. It's right out of the Trump, "how to get into power using populism to play the media" playbook.

The fact that it is diminishes the office of the President of the United States, or deflates the integrity of the country on the world stage is not mentioned, it's an inconvenient truth.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.