• Baden
    Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend us your cash...

To be or not to be in the black, that is the question...

I have a dream we will be able to continue to pay our bills...

Welcome to what is the second (but what should really be the third) fundraiser of the year. Costs bread to keep this ship afloat, so please subscribe or send a Paypal donation directly to . We're ad-free, volunteer run, and non-profit, and your generosity helps to keep things ticking over. So, do please contribute and bathe in the warm and fuzzy knowledge of your sacrifice at the altar of philosophical excellence (Shoutbox excluded).

Thanks from all the team!
  • Shawn
    Can we get a sidebar to inform us on what target we're trying to reach each month, monetarily? That could help with trying to meet our funding goals.
  • Baden

There's no way to do that automatically. I wish there was as I agree it would help. @jamalrob runs the PayPal account to which donations go though, and can update us on the figures at any point.
  • BC
    Well, just update the figures in the fundraising thread.

Actually, I'd like two numbers: One, what does it cost per month to operate the site, and two how much money has been received to meet those costs.
  • Baden

Until we require an upgrade due to increasing membership, it costs $49 per month to keep the forum up and running, plus at present $6 to accept paid subscriptions. I don't know the exact amount of money in the kitty, but the last I heard just before I put the fundraiser up was that we were low on funds. Only @jamalrob has access to the exact numbers. I expect he'll be happy to stick those up here anon.
  • Jamal
    We currently have $196, and we have a number of monthly and quarterly subscriptions.

Thanks all.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.