• Agustino
    What you are saying is that he has resigned himself to no longer thrive but just to exist? A eternal version of "It is what it is?"ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Well, what else can you do in that situation?

Waiting 5 hours for a diaper change at 75 is not the way it should be. Two showers a week even when my Dad had 5 straight days of a stomach illness is unacceptable.ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Not surprising, this seems to be the trend in most parts of the world. My grandfather had a stroke this summer (he is 91 years old), so he had the unfortunate necessity of spending time in hospital. In third world countries though, you can get better treatment - if you give the dollars to the right people. But not much better. It is only for the short duration of giving the $3 - then they give you a shower. To change the catheter - another $3. To change diapers - well, another $3. Not to mention that the whole place smells of uncleaned urine. Some people don't have even the $3 to give - so then their relatives are pretty much left to die there :( From my experience, and seemingly from yours too, these are not good places to leave sick people in.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    From my experience, and seemingly from yours too, these are not good places to leave sick people in.Agustino

No, no they are not.
    So if you were able to choose, how would you go?
    I am thinking I would try Death by Chocolate!
    (L) @Sir2u (L) @Lone Wolf (L) @Agustino
    Thank you for being here for me~
  • Sir2u
    So if you were able to choose, how would you go?ArguingWAristotleTiff

Death by oversleeping. X-)
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    We are halfway to the weekend....yippee!
    Okay so it is fake enthusiasm but it is enthusiasm..
  • Sir2u
    We are halfway to the weekend....yippee!ArguingWAristotleTiff

Yep, at the belly button. :smile:
  • deletedmemberwy
    Just gotta keep going... lol.
  • Sir2u
    Just gotta keep going... lol.Lone Wolf

Why?
  • deletedmemberwy
    Cuz if you don't then you'll never make it to Friday. :razz:
  • Sir2u
    Cuz if you don't then you'll never make it to Friday. :razz:Lone Wolf

Good point. :up:
  • Sir2u

Good job that, being positive instead of being negative.
  • deletedmemberwy
    AHHHHHHHH! :groan: I don't need more people telling me to be positive!
  • Sir2u
    I don't need more people telling me to be positive!Lone Wolf

I was not telling you to be positive, I was commending you for being so.
  • Sir2u
    I am going to bed now so toodle loo.

Hasta mañana.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Funny how songs come into our heads.
    When I am in touch with my emotions (good or bad, happy or sad) a song often comes into my head that expresses how I am feeling at the time. Like since November when my Mother in Law arrived anytime I have been stressing about it the song "Let It Be" runs through my head.

I am a bit tired of letting it be, ya know? :naughty:
  • Sir2u
    I am a bit tired of letting it be, ya know? :naughty:ArguingWAristotleTiff

Try "Hey Jude".
    It is longer but I find it more relaxing.

A few years ago I woke up with "Puff the magic dragon" running through my brain. What could that mean? Thinking about it though, it would be better suited to your situation actually. :wink:
  • Hanover
    Puff the Magic Dragon is the most sentimental of songs. It's about little boys growing up. It gets me every time.
  • Sir2u
    Yes it is a great memory. EXCEPT when you wake up at 3:50 in the morning with the song banging away in your head and staying there for most of the day.
    Funny thing was that on the way out of work I met a third grade teacher with a book under her arm. Yes, it was called "Puff the magic dragon" and it started the song rolling again.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    @Sir2u
    NicK always says that if you hear a new word or a topic like this, it will occur three times in one week. So I have watched it when it happens to me and occasionally mine gets to two but rarely three.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Lololol an old insult we should bring back:

Rakefire
    You'd think this term would mean you were kind of cool, right? Wrong. The BBC defines it as: "someone so uncool that they would outstay their welcome in someone's house until long after the fire had burned down to just the last few embers."

Mother in Law anyone? :snicker:
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    She is still here.... :roll:
  • Agustino
    She is still here.... :roll:ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I was always curious about this actually. How do you deal with the parents of your husband/wife? My first girlfriend's parents hated me, so it would have been strange to get married to her - I don't know how one should respond in such cases.
  • Janus

Stick with Border Collies; they're much better than Rough Collies (except maybe for Lassie).

I once installed a spa, brick and sandstone paving and landscaping for a client in Coogee. She had a Rough Collie called Billie who wasn't friendly and used to lie around all day. I told her his full name should be Billy Idle. She loved that! He only got up once the whole time I was working there...to bite me! From then until the project was finished she kept him inside.
  • Hanover
    My first girlfriend's parents hated me, so it would have been strange to get married to her - I don't know how one should respond in such cases.Agustino

I am always a hit with the gf's family. It's my super power. I went to a birthday party for a gf's niece once I didn't know and insisted in being in all the pictures, hugging all the family members, talking to dad about farming, telling sister I was an axe murderer. Niece called me her favorite uncle. I gave her a card from Uncle Hanover. Gf didn't last though. Family missed me though. Sales. Everything is sales. I miss her borderline craziness sometimes. Jekyll was amazing, Hyde a drunken screaming nightmare.

My story. Learn from it.
  • Sir2u
    RIP Steven Hawkins.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    . How do you deal with the parents of your husband/wife?Agustino

Tolerance, a whole lot of self talk, a lot of confiding in total strangers because you certainly cannot express your frustration with your In law or their child (your spouse). The common theme I have found is that everyone, EVERYONE, understands and empathizes with ANYONE that has their "In law" living with them. My Mom has no idea how I do it and has assured my kids that Granny won't ever be coming to live with us, which resulted in big smiles.
    My youngest at college is very observant and can see how she has an affect on the family balance and doesn't care for it, which means he has spent more time at school while she has been here. He is very scientific minded and like me does not believe in living, preparing for the end of the world and how we are going to survive but rather lives for today. My youngest also says that the "prep" issue brings out more of that 'conspiracy" side of his Dad.
    Although, the hardest part Agustino, is that my better half has no desire to see my biological Dad in Chicago again before he passes regardless of us hosting his Mom.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.