• ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Find an old container or school bus and build it up yourself. Lots of fun to do and works out cheaper.Sir2u

MMm I am thinking the indoor fireplace might cause a bigger bus fire....maybe? :-O
  • Sir2u
    I am thinking the indoor fireplace might cause a bigger bus fire....maybe? :-OArguingWAristotleTiff

Not if it is made properly, no more risk than a normal house. There are plenty of examples on line.
  • Sir2u
    I'm hypersensitive to caffeine.Lone Wolf

Interesting, I stopped drinking pepsi a few years ago and I have not had a coke in decades. But I will not stop the tea and coffee even if it kills me.
  • deletedmemberwy
    Hmm. I don't do coffee, and only tea if it is decaf. Once I got into caffeinated tea, and it was very interesting...
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Not if it is made properly, no more risk than a normal house. There are plenty of examples on line.Sir2u

Will the fire fighters come if I get it wrong? Or do I drive it to them? 8-)
  • Sir2u
    I have no idea, but I doubt that it would be a good idea to find out. :s
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I have no idea, but I doubt that it would be a good idea to find out. :sSir2u

Yes you are right they are all volunteer Fire Fighters up in the forest. Plan B
  • deletedmemberwy
    Whee! What fun today! It has been awhile since I rode a bucking Quarter horse! :D
  • Sir2u
    It has been awhile since I rode a bucking Quarter horse! :DLone Wolf

Would it not be easier to ride a full one?
  • deletedmemberwy
    Nah, warmbloods don't move so fast. >:) It is more fun to ride the little snappy ones.
  • Sir2u
    Brings back fond memories of days in the saddle and sore ass.
  • deletedmemberwy
    You should ride horses instead of asses then... simple solution I think.
  • Sir2u
    How can I explain this in simple words?
    Sore ass from riding horse.
    I think that should do it.
  • deletedmemberwy
    >:O Yeah, I know. Did you work on a ranch at some point?
  • Sir2u
    As a teenager I used to live in southern Louisiana, when we were not at school we used to be out riding or doing something in water. Summertime was all day riding because it was cheaper than using the boat. We had to work to earn money for gas.
  • deletedmemberwy
    Ah, okay lol. Backyard ponies are fun!
  • Sir2u
    Backyard ponies are fun!Lone Wolf

No backyard ponies around where I used to live, and the terrain was not ideal for galloping to far either.
  • deletedmemberwy
    By backyard ponies, I meant those that weren't high bred and didn't have a job that made money. :P
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Tomorrow I head home to see my Dad and my Uncle in Chicago. I am not exactly sure what I am going to find other than all of us being two years older than the last time I was home. Two years is a slice in time when you are at the selfish age I am, where I am raising my family while my parents age, where as two years is almost a lifetime for a man my Dad's age, confined to a Nursing home. With love and light I shall travel and hopefully leave him full of smiles and hugs to last him until I see him next time, knowing there won't always be a next time.
    Wonderful time to get PMS....who wants to get on a flight with me in a confined space, at an anxious elevation for a few hours or few hundred miles? Takers?
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    @Lone Wolf
    Thank you! I am still here in the.Midwest frozen tundra getting about an inch an hour!. :D I will maintain my ladylike decorum and not comment about how long it has been since I got 8 -10 inches in an hour! Buahaha :D Can you tell the cold is getting to me?
  • deletedmemberwy
    Haha, it is hard to believe that some people look forward to snow. :P
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    My fellow thinkers , I believe that I took my Dad out of the nursing home to see.his parents at the Mosilium, his home where his wife lives and to his favorite restaurant. On our last stop after being crushed emotionally by his cold wife, we were trying to transfer him back into the car when he could not make it and I held him off the snow, telling him how very much I love him as we waited for 911 to aarive. I am not sure how to handle this and I feel myself slipping into a depression of grief. My heart is breaking..... I need help
  • deletedmemberwy
    :( I'm sorry. If you need to talk about it, you can PM me. :(
  • Sir2u
    I need helpArguingWAristotleTiff

We are here, talk to us.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    We are here, talk to us.Sir2u

It is the reason I came here, to this thread, as it can like a quieter thread, a calmer thread when necessary and I Thank you both for listening though I am not really sure how to put my feelings into words, except to say I can see life slipping away from my Dad which is causing a part of me to hang on with everything I have. I tried to fulfill his every desire and with almost perfect success we pulled it off except the ending with 911 or so I thought...when I was at the Airport leaving for Phoenix I got a call from my Uncle who was with my Dad at the nursing home and my Dad said that he was having trouble with his memory but was I with him the day before? ~~~my heart crushed in the public airport, I couldn't see as the tears just fell like rain and I said yes Dad I was....and I will be again.... but if he didn't remember two days ago how on God's green earth will he remember me a year from now?
    When he cannot remember me does it get easier? Does this confusion scare him as much as it scares me? Can he tell he is slipping away?

And how, How do I keep myself from ever being in the position he is in now? Everybody goes there thinking they will work hard enough to go home again but that was 2 years ago now...
  • Agustino
    Sorry to hear about what you and your family are going through :(

When he cannot remember me does it get easier? Does this confusion scare him as much as it scares me? Can he tell he is slipping away?ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I don't know... I don't think we can know. There comes a point when a person resigns to their fate in the face of danger that they cannot control - and then they are relatively at peace, since they no longer try to control what they cannot control. That's what I personally think. Nature helps you do this too - you don't have the strength anymore to fight.

And how, How do I keep myself from ever being in the position he is in now? Everybody goes there thinking they will work hard enough to go home again but that was 2 years ago now...ArguingWAristotleTiff
    It is impossible to "keep yourself from ever being in the position he is in now". We don't have such control - any day you, I, anyone can be afflicted by illness, and there's nothing we can do that will guarantee, beyond any doubt, that it will not happen to us. We are finite beings, and hence perpetually vulnerable. All you can do is do your best, hope for the best, and then accept whatever happens. That's my outlook, anyways.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I don't know... I don't think we can know. There comes a point when a person resigns to their fate in the face of danger that they cannot control - and then they are relatively at peace, since they no longer try to control what they cannot control. That's what I personally think. Nature helps you do this too - you don't have the strength anymore to fight.Agustino

What you are saying is that he has resigned himself to no longer thrive but just to exist? A eternal version of "It is what it is?"

It is impossible to "keep yourself from ever being in the position he is in now". We don't have such control - any day you, I, anyone can be afflicted by illness, and there's nothing we can do that will guarantee, beyond any doubt, that it will not happen to us. We are finite beings, and hence perpetually vulnerable. All you can do is do your best, hope for the best, and then accept whatever happens. That's my outlook, anyways.Agustino

There has to be another answer then to just accept that each of us, you and I are that vulnerable in life. I have watched this happen too many times and it is just sickening. Waiting 5 hours for a diaper change at 75 is not the way it should be. Two showers a week even when my Dad had 5 straight days of a stomach illness is unacceptable. Discontinuing daily physical therapy because the state is paying for his care, to the point that he cannot use the walker and must depend on the wheel chair is not care in my book....but what do I know? He refuses to move out of the only state he has called "home" so to move him here where I could give him what I see as "better care" is not an option either.

It is hard to dissect how much of this decline is due to nature vs nurture but I know the odds are not in favor of the nurture factor, as much as the nature part is taking over.
  • CasKev
    Freaked myself out yesterday... Thought I would play a little game. Randomly decided on a playing card while sitting at work, and tried to see if it would somehow manifest itself. Picked the 3 of clubs. Tried a random card generator to see if it would be the first card to appear. It wasn't. Tried getting my girlfriend to guess it over the phone while I was thinking about it. Tried the same thing in person with my two kids and my mom. They all guessed wrong. A couple of hours later, I was in the laundry room. The day before, my 2-year-old son had thrown 6 or 7 playing cards down the laundry chute after his bath (with my girlfriend). Five of them were face down on the floor. I said to myself, wouldn't it be freaky if the first card I turned over was the 3 of clubs...? And it was!!! [insert spooky music here]
  • CasKev
    What makes it even funnier is that the deck was from a magic trick set! :D
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.