• CasKev
    I didn't realize you guys got paid to administer this forum... If it means anything, I think you're one of the better ones.
  • S
    We don't. I was talking about my other employer. The only reason I do this job is because I was coerced into it. I was asked "Do you want to be a moderator?" and I said "Yes". That's textbook coercion.
  • CasKev
    I guess it would be hard to judge who has the best philosophy... Well, I stand by my previous comment. You're definitely one of the top 10 moderators!
  • Sir2u

You're definitely one of the top 10 moderators!

There are only 4.
  • CasKev
    My last two comments were meant to be funny... You get more votes for witty posts!
  • Sir2u
    My last two comments were meant to be funny... You get more votes for witty posts!

Hey, I'm not complaining. In fact I am still laughing about them.
  • Sir2u
    But no one is going to vote for you anyway so you might as well give up now.
  • S
    There are only 4.Sir2u

You know, 4 was the name of my first child. My other first child, that is. My first first child wasn't too pleased about my other first child. They never got on and were always at each others throats. I would always have to intervene and play the role of mediator.

They eventually managed to resolve their differences shortly before I threw them off a cliff.

Fortunately, Hanover was there to catch them.

Unfortunately, he just stood there and stared absentmindedly as their little bodies came crashing down onto the jagged rocks below.

Perhaps he was thinking of what his next sexual innuendo could be, perhaps he was distracted by the noise of the seagulls. I guess we'll never know, but it was the latter. It was almost as if they were laughing at him. No, not laughter, more like jeering. Jeering with their big fucking birdy beaks, all orange and fucky.

As it happens, orange and fucky was the name of my first wife, but that's for another time.
  • Sir2u
    You know, 4 was the name of my first child. My other first child, that is.

Would it not have been easier just to say that you had twins?

As it happens, orange and fucky was the name of my first wife, but that's for another time.

Oh no, please tell us now, so that we can get it over and done with and get on with life again.
  • S
    Would it not have been easier just to say that you had twins?Sir2u

No, I didn't have twins, I had two offspring produced by the same pregnancy.

Oh no, please tell us now, so that we can get it over and done with and get on with life again.Sir2u

I'll tell you one by one if you form an orderly queue on the cliff edge.
  • Sir2u
    I'll tell you one by one if you form an orderly queue on the cliff edge. :-O
  • S
    You can trust me, I'm an owl.
  • Sir2u
    You can trust me, I'm an owl. :-O :( :s
  • CasKev
    Well, Sappy definitely gets my vote for Most Morbid Moderator! I'm curious to know if it actually has any children that survived its harsh but fair disciplinary methods.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Because he has no control he needs someone to blame for everything. That is what he NEEDS god for, a scapegoat.Sir2u

Which is more evidence that everything is goat.
  • CasKev
    @Sir2u This thread is called The Last Word, not The Last Emoji. Just so you know, using someone else's words, followed by emojis will not count as winning. I'm sure @Hanover will agree, though he has not instituted any of my other rule suggestions. Now that I think about, he'll probably say that an emoji is worth a hundred words, or something like that.
  • Sir2u
    Which is more evidence that everything is goat.

Yup. Bet Banno is happy about that.
  • Sir2u
    Now that I think about, he'll probably say that an emoji is worth a hundred words, or something like that.

The saying is " A picture is worth a thousand words"

So that's three thousand tries at the last word. :D X-) :-} I think.
  • S
    Why aren't you quoting in the proper way? I find that annoying. You at least know how to use quotation marks, as you've just demonstrated.
  • Hanover
    Alright, so follow me here because this is like really important. It's about emojis just so you know up front.

There are some cars that have a rounded truck. I'll show you:

1vttszptbjv8cc1p.jpg

Now, you might say "why come it's round like dat," assuming you talk like a hip 5 year old.

The answer is cuz in days of yore, all the old cars had tires attached to the back like so:

a0n2p9ag8nh8n418.png

Now you see it sometimes on SUVs and Jeeps, but on normal cars, they just mimic what used to be there, sort of to remind you how things once were. There might be a day when people make new cars with round trucks and no one will know why. It will be lost to time.

Alright, so what does this have to do with emojis you ask? Well, I daresay that one day, likely soon, people will no longer talk to each other and make actual expressions, but everyone will just have blank faces. We'll send emojis back and forth to each other and we won't know why anymore.

I predict this will happen by Wednesday, maybe Thursday morning.

Thank you for following me on this . It was important.
  • S
    Truck? I think you mean trunk. Trunk? I think you mean boot.
  • Sir2u
    Why aren't you quoting in the proper way? I find that annoying. You at least know how to use quotation marks, as you've just demonstrated.Sapientia

I seem to have a problem with the quote function, some days it works and some it does not. Today it is fine but tomorrow who knows. :s
  • Hanover
    I mean trunk, not boot. Also, it's hood, not bonnet if that ever comes up.
  • Sir2u
    Now, you might say "why come it's round like dat," assuming you talk like a hip 5 year old.Hanover

But you would be giving the wrong answer.

http://www.affordableclassicsinc.com/ClassicsPgs/1979_%20LINCOLN_%20MARK_%20V.htm
  • S
    I mean trunk, not boot. Also, it's hood, not bonnet if that ever comes up.Hanover

American English is the historical equivalent of trying to sound like a hip 5 year old.
  • CasKev
    OK, but what happens if you put a hood on your trunk? I think it just ruins the experience.
  • deletedmemberwy
    You would have to drive backwards. :P
  • CasKev
    I never drive backwards. I don't like smelling the exhaust. ;)
  • deletedmemberwy
    >:O Then I suppose one shouldn't place the hood on one's trunk haha. :P
  • S
    OK, but what happens if you put a hood on your trunk? I think it just ruins the experience.CasKev

I don't have a trunk. I'm not an elephant or a tree.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.