• ArguingWAristotleTiff
    "They call it Stormy Monday.... bb-king-dead.jpg
  • CasKev
    Definitely not stormy here in Sudbury! Blue skies, and bluer blueberries! Too bad I have to look at it all through my office window at work... :s
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    On a dark desert highway cool wind in my hair
    Warm smell of Colitas rises up through the air
  • Cavacava
    Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bendsCavacava

You found out where I got my "Tiff" from. 8-)
  • CasKev
    Took a surprise vacation day today - it was wonderful! Just so happened to be my daughter's ninth birthday too. Great day all round. Nighty night!
  • Sir2u
    THE END
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    THE ENDSir2u

Wait Sir! What happened to the "Happily ever after" before THE END of the book? :s
  • CasKev
    @Hanover Another rule suggestion: Every post should have a Yes/No poll attached to it, so people can vote on whether or not the post is worthy of being The Last Word. For example, @Sir2u's post "THE END" would surely attract a majority of 'No' votes, thus disqualifying it from being The Last Word.
  • Hanover
    We have to vote on the rule as to whether voting on the rules changes the rules. As there is an inherent bar to ex post facto rules however, if we are to vote that voting is the way to create rules, that can only apply prospectively, meaning that the vote held to determine that voting is a valid method of rule change is necessarily invalid because the voting method only becomes valid after it is voted on.

I would propose we vote to overturn the ex post facto rule, but that would leave us first having to vote whether we could vote and that would violate the ex post facto rule prior to it being overturned, if that's what we were planning to do.

Carry on.
  • Sir2u

Cheap tricks to get in the last word, shame on you all. X-)

And who says anyone would actually vote against my post being the last, either back up your words with concrete evidence or withdraw your claims.
  • CasKev
    Or you could put it to the test with a poll. Then you could make me eat my Last Words.
  • Hanover
    I take comfort in knowing there will always be more to be said even when there is nothing really being said.

The alternative played out at the old PF, where we had a similar thread where nothing was being said all the way to the moment when literally nothing was said anymore.
  • Hanover
    This could be heaven or this could be hell.
  • Hanover
    Beautiful friend, the end, of our elaborate plans, the end, no safety no surprise, the end.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Cheap tricks to get in the last word, shame on you all.Sir2u

I met this very lovely man at a bar in Honduras. His charisma and ease of talking made him a catch by any standards. He claimed he was a teacher and I was a student, so it was he that I learned my best "cheap tricks" from 8-)
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    This could be heaven or this could be hell.Hanover
    Then she lit up a candle and she showed me the way~

Do you do Karaoke Hanover? I did it once and hated my voice over a cheap bar microphone and I was the only one sober. The sad thing is that I can actually sing, like all through school taking first place in state competition with the song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo because my best friend played piano and was a master at it and Bonnie's voice is one of the few alto female voices until you enter the realm of The Blues.
    Amazing song
  • CasKev
    Felt a bit of a mental drag yesterday. First one in the past few weeks. Mostly due to tiredness, I think, being up with my 18-month-old son for about 2 hours during the night. Maybe too much blueberry picking too...!
  • S
    On my daughter's ninth birthday, we celebrated by having a party. She had a big birthday cake with candles and I bought her a pretty pink dress. She loved it. She told me so right before I threw her off a cliff.

Her name's fifty-two, which also happens to be the exact number of times I intend to repeat this joke.
  • CasKev
    Morbid, but funny!
  • Sir2u
    I was a student, so it was he that I learned my best "cheap tricks" from

Oh come on lady please, you are going to get me a bad reputation. >:)
  • Sir2u
    Or you could put it to the test with a poll. Then you could make me eat my Last Words.

But would anyone vote for your last words?
  • Sir2u
    Morbid, but funny!

This is even weirder!
  • CasKev
    My last words would be so golden, I would be showered with 'Yes' votes!
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Oh come on lady please, you are going to get me a bad reputation.Sir2u

Nah, threads of character not a bad reputation. (Y)
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    There were voices down the corridor, thought I heard them say....
  • Hanover
    I found her at the bottom of the cliff. I named her 69.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    My last words would be so golden, I would be showered with 'Yes' votes!CasKev

Am I the only one who read this response quickly enough to misinterpret it?

I really should be in church.
  • CasKev
    Hahaha! You caught me! >:)
  • S
    What bull shit! Good news: pay rise. Bad news: dividing staff pay based on the judgement of management. People doing the same job as me, not necessarily better than me, but getting paid more for it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.