• Shawn

What's to prove, just take a bite of some pancakes or a cheesecake!
  • Sir2u
    What's to prove, just take a bite of some pancakes or a cheesecake!Posty McPostface

Yes, good. Maybe even great. Who would want to miss out on a big slice of chocolate cake with fudge filling? I can't imagine anyone turning it down.
  • Shawn
    Yes, good. Maybe even great. Who would want to miss out on a big slice of chocolate cake with fudge filling? I can't imagine anyone turning it down.Sir2u

Hence it is inherently good. :blush:
  • Sir2u
    Hence it is inherently good. :blush:Posty McPostface

A lot of people think that heroin is better than chocolate, thus it is very inherently good.

What are the properties of cake that makes it inherently good? As opposed to "everyone likes it"
  • Shawn
    A lot of people think that heroin is better than chocolate, thus it is very inherently good.

What are the properties of cake that makes it inherently good? As opposed to "everyone likes it"
    Sir2u

I noticed, if I recollect correctly, that even since the old PF, you've been against cakes and pancakes, of all!, being inherently good.

Where does this prejudice stem from? Perhaps, I've unearthed something afflicting your psyche after all these random exchanges between us about inherently good cakes or pancakes. (?)
  • Sir2u
    I noticed, if I recollect correctly, that even since the old PF, you've been against cakes and pancakes, of all!, being inherently good.Posty McPostface

Eat some cake, your memory is failing you. Nope, I have nothing at all against cupcakes, big cakes, cheese cakes, ice cream cakes, nor pancakes. I love all of them. :love:

I do have something against people that say things are inherently good though, because that implies that somethings might be inherently bad.

But you are, at least, a likable person so I ask again. Why inherent?

Why not just bloody marvelous?
  • Shawn
    Why inherent?Sir2u

Well, I figure based on what you said, about everyone liking some cake or pancake, that they might posses the property of being inherently good. I don't know a person who hates cakes or pancakes for the matter. Though, it could be one of those black swan cases where I might be wrong.

Let's just agree that cakes and pancakes approach the convergence limit of being inherently good, but never reaches it?

I think that's a deal?
  • Sir2u
    I think that's a deal?Posty McPostface

So now that we have the problem of cakes being banned solved, we can have cake to celebrate out deal. And I want chocolate fudge ice cream on top of mine. :up:
  • Sir2u
    And before you ask, my logic says that rationing is the same as banning.

And I am always right.
  • Shawn
    So now that we have the problem of cakes being banned solved, we can have cake to celebrate out deal. And I want chocolate fudge ice cream on top of mine. :up:Sir2u

And before you ask, my logic says that rationing is the same as banning.

And I am always right.
    Sir2u

Ok, fine. If rationing meaning banning something that approaches the property of being inherently good, then I don't see how anyone could make any sense out of my babble. I'm probably right about this too...
  • Shawn
    Cookies. :eyes:Waya

Yes, those are almost inherently good too. :blush:
  • deletedmemberwy
    Indeed. Especially chocolate ones... :yum:
  • Shawn
    Indeed. Especially chocolate ones... :yum:Waya

Don't you agree that they should be rationed also? If one we're to gluttonously indulge in eating cookies and not leave any for later, then that's not a good situation, I think?
  • deletedmemberwy
    :scream: How did you know I ate the last two today???!!! :broken:
  • Shawn
    :scream: How did you know I ate the last two today???!!! :broken:Waya

Oh, dear. You ate all the cookies? :worry:
  • deletedmemberwy
    I did I did I did. :groan: :broken:
  • Shawn
    Ok, no worries, I bought some more:

Chocolate_chip_cookies.jpg
  • Shawn
    Whew! :sweat: :party:Waya

:halo:
  • deletedmemberwy
    Now back to more study... :grimace: Care to join me?
  • Shawn
    Now back to more study... :grimace: Care to join me?Waya

I don't know about that. I hate studying. Never really studied anything in my life. My mind works by starting with general premises and just playing out scenarios with them until I arrive at some conclusion that is coherent with what is being presented in class.

If something is hard, I guess change the method? Mine is just to rationalize everything into constituents, form a big picture, and then try and fill in the rest.

This method failed me in upper divi classes at uni; but, just throwing what worked for me until I got there.

How do you study?
  • deletedmemberwy
    Hmm, interesting... I just absorb whatever they throw at me, then when I need to write a paper, I just take that and try to organize what I collected and develop new ideas that came to my mind. Guess it works because I've gotten straight A's. :blush:
  • Sir2u
    I'm probably right about this too...Posty McPostface

Agreed. :cool:
  • Shawn
    Hmm, interesting... I just absorb whatever they throw at me, then when I need to write a paper, I just take that and try to organize what I collected and develop new ideas that came to my mind. Guess it works because I've gotten straight A's. :blush:Waya

Hmm, good memory I figure. Although my method is cumbersome, it does lead to a deeper understanding of what is being presented in class. I just need to think my way through it on my own. Unfortunately, my "processor" isn't really that fast. So, it can take a while, and I often get left behind when the class starts delving into deeper concepts or ideas about some subject.
  • Shawn
    Agreed. :cool:Sir2u

Oh, you with those sunglasses. Haha!
  • Sir2u
    Oh, you with those sunglasses. Haha!Posty McPostface

Cus I is coool, don u know.
  • Shawn
    Cus I is coool, don u knowSir2u
    Of course you are!
    :razz:
  • deletedmemberwy
    Mmm, yes. I understand that. That's one reason that lectures are quite difficult. :lol: One can't pause the speaker to finish thinking.
  • Sir2u
    One can't pause the speaker to finish thinking.Waya

With so many phones in class rooms, why don't students record the teacher so that they can study at home? they could pause and even replay then.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.