• ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Gasoline? Really? And you Sir, Marshmallows? Did you want some chocolate to go with that? >:O
    I'm PMSing, empty nesting, playing Nurse to a sick husband and my Mother in Law is due back in September. Are you REALLY going to risk denying me chocolate?
  • Sir2u
    Why was the philosophy forum so nice to lie in?

It had a high thread count! :D
    CasKev

OK, now I think I am going to vote for the thumb down button.
  • Sir2u
    Are you REALLY going to risk denying me chocolate?ArguingWAristotleTiff

Hey lady, calm down. Eat a Snickers, they say they are good for removing grouchiness, relieving dramatic seizures and a whole bunch of other things.

Better yet, have 2. Hanover will pay for them.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Better yet, have 2. Hanover will pay for them.Sir2u

I did and also ordered a container of Häagen-Dazs to make White Russians with instead of the cream. 8-)
  • CasKev
    Well, I figured I would get the last word in before I head out for the weekend. Soccer tournament! Or football, for you British blokes!
  • Sir2u
    Well, I figured I would get the last word in before I head out for the weekend. Soccer tournament! Or football, for you British blokes!CasKev

I'm British and I think that the whole soccer/football thing is a crock of shit.

22 full grown men running around a pieces of grass trying to kick a poor little ball to death. And when they actually manage to put the bloody thing in the box at the end of the field all those sweaty bodies start hugin and kissin each other and touchin each others arses.

No thanks.
  • Sir2u
    I did and also ordered a container of Häagen-Dazs to make White Russians with instead of the cream.ArguingWAristotleTiff

I'll be there in a while to help you give it a warm welcome when it arrives. X-)
  • Bitter Crank
    People don't combine alcohol with ice cream enough.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    I knew I could count on you!
    I Absolutely agree with you ~
    Cheers!
  • CasKev
    Well, I survived the weekend soccer tourney! Feels like I was beaten with a baseball bat, and I can barely make it up the stairs, but I'm still alive! #lifeafter40
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Mares eat oats and Does' eat oats and little Lambs eat Ivy...
  • CasKev
    @ArguingWAristotleTiff

Your nursery rhymes and song tidbits will not claim the Last Word - I will make sure of it!
  • Sir2u
    Your nursery rhymes and song tidbits will not claim the Last Word - I will make sure of it!CasKev

Gotcha covered on that,
  • CasKev
    Congratulations PFers - we made it to another Friday! To celebrate, I think I'm going to take Monday off, and make it another long weekend...
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Gotcha covered on that,Sir2u

;)

Are you watching the wrath of Mother Nature? Hurricanes are her Fast balls, sometimes a curve ball but rarely a bunt. God throws Squirrels down from the trees for the dogs while Mother Nature destroys anything in her path. Why people curse or Thank God, while Mother Nature gets away scotch free, still puzzles me.
  • Sir2u
    Are you watching the wrath of Mother Nature?ArguingWAristotleTiff

Oh yeah, she is the queen and she knows it. Don't no one screw around with her and expect to win.

I was shitting myself when Harvey passed here, some of these recent hurricanes have been known to turn south. That would have been another disaster for us.
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Oh yeah, she is the queen and she knows it. Don't no one screw around with her and expect to win.

I was shitting myself when Harvey passed here, some of these recent hurricanes have been known to turn south. That would have been another disaster for us.
    Sir2u
    I was worried about you and yours and am glad to hear you are doing well.
    As far as Mother Nature being Queen, that would make me her Princess. O:) <<<see that Halo? I found some really good duct tape to fix where I broke it ;)
  • Sir2u

Talking about weather forecasting and me saying that some hurricanes are starting to go south.

Check out the track on this one.

https://www.wunderground.com/hurricane/atlantic/2017/hurricane-jose
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    Good lord! I hope Jose keeps making that right turn and you guys get blue skies and calm waters.
  • Ciceronianus the White
    Mares eat oats and Does' eat oats and little Lambs eat Ivy...ArguingWAristotleTiff

A kid'll eat ivy too; wouldn't you?

Sorry I missed this before. And now: "Hut-Sut Rawlson on the Rillarah and..."

It's interesting how great events, like the Big One and the Great Depression, seem to inspire memorable songs, some funny and some sad. I remember my parents, who lived through both, singing Mairzy Doats and The Hut-Sut song. From the Great Depression, you had Pennies from Heaven and Buddy, Can You Spare a Dime?, which for me evoke real pathos.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.