• LauraL
    Please accept the comment that answers your question.
  • Outlander

Nope, never. Manager usually fires those who don't abide by stated policies which include non-harassment. Is this a 2nd or 3rd world country you're describing? If the latter, thank goodness for the miracle of internet! If not, get that complaint form going to the head office.

Are you describing information from co-workers in a setting which you have ( i suppose) little choice to be in or a social media posting which you explicitly subscribed to/viewed? Just curious
  • Jack Cummins

I disagree with the first response because when working in the last few years I found that not only was I expected to receive all kinds of emails and other pieces of emails I was meant to be have read them and apply them at work. I think people are often being expected to read work emails on days off and I found this to be intrusive, not just in terms of time but about being allowed to switch off and relax.

In terms of too much information on the web and social media. It can be good, especially sites like this, for accessing ideas and interaction but it can become too overwhelming. There is just so much to take on board. Sometimes I just think my head will explode, and even then, I find that I am going back to my phone to look a new information in an addictive way.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.