• Daniel
    https://gbdeclaration.org/ This is something I think everyone should be able to access, read, and form a judgement out of it, and that's the reason why I am sharing it. There is a FAQ section in case you want to know more about why it was done. Wikipedia also provides a good overview of the people and groups involved in its redaction, in case you want to read a bit more about it.
  • Sir2u
    Approximately 7,821,493,909 people in the world.

Approximately 44,236,745 people in the world that have been infected.

As immunity builds in the population, the risk of infection to all – including the vulnerable – falls. We know that all populations will eventually reach herd immunity – i.e. the point at which the rate of new infections is stable – and that this can be assisted by (but is not dependent upon) a vaccine. Our goal should therefore be to minimize mortality and social harm until we reach herd immunity.

Doing the math it will be a long time before enough people have been sick for it to make any difference.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.