• Hippyhead
    It might be time that StreetlightX be relieved of his duties as a mod. His posts consistently fail to model what I assume to be your goals for the forum.

Imagine in your mind the kind of thinker/writers you'd like to see more of here. Now imagine them realizing that StreetlightX is their editor. It just doesn't work.
  • TheMadFool
    I like StreetlightX.
  • tim wood
    I believe there's an ointment for that.
  • TheMadFool
    I believe there's an ointment for that.tim wood

:rofl:
  • Hippyhead
    like StreetlightX.TheMadFool

I have no beef with him personally. But just as I don't have the right personality for being a mod, neither does he, imho.

My last comment on the matter. Made my suggestion, said my peace, on to the next thread.
  • TheMadFool
    I have no beef with him personally. But just as I don't have the right personality for being a mod, neither does he, imho.

My last comment on the matter. Made my suggestion, said my peace, on to the next thread.
    Hippyhead

Well, to be frank, he says sensible stuff; it's just the way he says it that's the problem. I've known this for as long as I can remember and I still haven't got the hang of it. :sad: You can imagine...
  • tim wood
    To be frank, he is sometimes like the deranged muttering derelict pushing a shopping cart and swearing and cursing all in his path. And did I say offensive? Such exist and find a place, his apparently here. One imagines he'd clean up pretty well, but meantimes a spectacle at a price. Not fit for the parlour.
  • TheMadFool
    To each his own then!
  • praxis
    SLX has deleted more HH content?

If so, we owe him our gratitude.
  • Banno
    It might be time that @Hippyhead be relieved of his duties as a member.
  • Philosophim
    HippyHead, why are you posting this in the forums? You can personal message any of the moderators and state your opinion. This smacks of unnecessary drama, and a personal grudge.
  • Jack Cummins
    It is difficult because all of us have our own opinions about what should be said or not.

I think that the main issue is of respect for others opinions.

Sometimes I get irritated by answers which are mere symbols on a device. But maybe that is my problem.

But I do think that the key issue is listening to others and engaging. We all have our weaknesses, whether it as lack or too many words.

If anything I am inclined to think that opening up discussion rather than closing it is better, but we all have to live with all possibilities whether it is banning to be the depths of hell or whatever region of existence we may go.

I try to live with all possibilities but if nothing else I am inclined to the view that sometimes the shortest responses with symbols are the worst. But maybe that is my prejudice...
  • Jamal
    If you're going to complain about someone publicly, I think you should be specific. I don't see any evidence of unmodlike comments over the past few days. In any case you could flag the comments that you don't like, or tell me about them privately.

Street is a very good moderator. So far, that outweighs his less obviously beneficial idiosyncrasies.

I'm closing this now.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.