• Srap Tasmaner
    What it says. Links to trailers appreciated.
  • Srap Tasmaner
    Two tribesmen from Papua New Guinea head off on an expedition in the heart of a strange and entirely new kind of civilization: they want to explore everything, taste everything, and try everything - an absurd and wonderful marathon to discover France.Olivier5

• praxis
    Watched this last night on Netflix, quite fascinating.

• Hippyhead
    Ooh, cool thread!

==============

Everything and Nothing: What is Everything?

==============

Everything and Nothing: What is Nothing?
  • Pop
    I couldn't believe the guy could stand back and film his octopus friend being attacked by a shark. I switched off at that point.
  • praxis

I know, the relationship is definitely dramatized, but still a good story and it's informative and promotes ecology.
  • Nils Loc
    There are way too many documentaries to watch. :meh: Just as there are way too many KitKats to eat. Ignorance is still bliss.

The Rotten series on Netflix is incredible though there are controversies as to whether some industries are fairly portrayed.

Next time you eat a KitKat bar, remember these folks in Ivory Coast. "The Ivory Coast and Ghana are by far the two largest producers of cocoa, accounting for more than 50 percent of the world´s cocoa.Apr 23, 2020" https://www.statista.com/statistics/263855/cocoa-bean-production-worldwide-by-region/

• frank
    AlphaGo is the result of a self-learning AI project that plays the Asian board game: Go, which is believed to be the oldest board game in continuous play and is associated with nobility and human intuition. What happens when AlphaGo plays the world's Go champion?

• Mayor of Simpleton
    This probably isn't what you are looking for, nor is it really a documentary, but I found it absolutely fascinating. It was not at all what I expected.

The more I watched the more the story became incredible.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/ondemand/video/2032218/
  • Olivier5
    For Sama is a documentary film produced and narrated by Waad Al-Kateab, and directed by Waad Al-Kateab and Edward Watts.

When Waad was forced to leave Aleppo, Syria, she took with her hundreds of hours of footage she had filmed in the city under siege. She showed them to the BBC and they contacted a documentarist called Edward Watts to turn this material into a documentary. He worked with Waad over several years to arrive at this film.

I saw it yesterday night and now cannot get it out of my head. It's different from anything you ever saw.

• Wheatley
    BBC nature
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.