• Agustino
    Well in a historical context the youth of today are prudes.
    Heck not a 100 years ago and you would be married off with kids by 15.
    m-theory
    *facepalm* - yes it would be better to get married at 15 and have as much sex as you want, then to get married at 30, and until then engage in promiscuous sex.
  • m-theory
    facepalm back
    No it wouldn't.
  • Agustino
    No it wouldn't.m-theory
    Right it would be better that your partner gets fucked by hundreds of people before you get married to him/her - that sounds nice! Sure! >:O
  • m-theory
    Ah
    The truth comes out.

That is only an issue for insecure people.
  • Agustino
    Ah
    The truth comes out.

That is only an issue for insecure people.
    m-theory
    Not at all. It's a natural desire of the human being, which has nothing to do with insecurity. The desire for specialness with your partner is a desire that is natural to the human being. But it seems you don't care about that, you'd much rather have your tiny instrument pleasured by some random women. >:O
  • Benkei
    Not at all. It's a natural desire of the human being, which has nothing to do with insecurity. The desire for specialness with your partner is a desire that is natural to the human being. But it seems you don't care about that, you'd much rather have your tiny instrument pleasured by some random women. >:OAgustino

I can't seem to interpret this in any other way than an appeal to nature and that would be a fallacy.
  • m-theory

lol
    You know it can be argued that if your partner is more experienced then they will be better at sex.
  • Agustino
    lol
    You know it can be argued that if your partner is more experienced then they will be better at sex.
    m-theory
    Yeah, but being better at sex has nothing to do with being special to one another.
  • m-theory

Neither does being a virgin.
  • Agustino
    I can't seem to interpret this in any other way than an appeal to nature and that would be a fallacy.Benkei
    A natural desire. You have a natural desire for food. In what sense is that seeking to fulfill that a fallacy?
  • Agustino
    Neither does being a virgin.m-theory
    Well it does have to do with being sexually special one towards another - that's by definition.
  • m-theory
    No it doesn't.
    The definition of a virgin is a person that has not had sex before.
    Not a person who it is more special to have sex with.
  • Agustino
    No it doesn't.
    The definition of a virgin is a person that has not had sex before.
    Not a person who it is more special to have sex with.
    m-theory
    By definition a virgin (applied to someone who intends to get married) is someone who has saved sex for marriage
  • Agustino
    Now the fact that someone has had sex before isn't such a big deal in itself. It's more about how they've had sex. For example, it's more important that they have avoided casual sex, but if they had sex in long-term relationships before marriage, not such a big deal. Still a problem - but not as big. Why? Because in a long-term relationship, they maybe have thought they'd get married to that person, and well, it didn't work out. It's not like they intended to do something immoral. But on the other hand, someone who engages in promiscuous sex intends something immoral - aims for the wrong thing. That's far worse.
  • m-theory

Being married does not automatically make sex more special either.

Also people that are not saving themselves for sex can be virgins too.

Being a virgin does not automatically make sex special.
    In fact quite the opposite is often true, people have idealistic views about sex as virgins and are often disappointed by there first experience with it.

I think what you are trying to communicate is the idea that when you are deeply in love with a person the sex is special.
    I would not argue with that.
    But you don't have to be married or a virgin to fall deeply in love with someone and experience something special with them.
  • m-theory
    Far worse for who?

What about people that don't want long term relationships but still want to have sex?

Provided they are consenting adults that does not hurt anybody.
  • Agustino
    Being married does not automatically make sex more special either.m-theory
    No, it doesn't necessarily make it more special.

Also people that are not saving themselves for sex can be virgins too.m-theory
    Ehmmm did I ever say they can't?

Being a virgin does not automatically make sex special.m-theory
    No, not automatically. It's not a sufficient condition for that.

In fact quite the opposite is often true, people have idealistic views about sex as virgins and are often disappointed by there first experience with it.m-theory
    Well maybe it wasn't special for you because you wasted it. But for me, when I had sex with my first girlfriend, it was certainly a very special moment. I've never wasted sex - maybe I made mistakes with regards to it, but I've never wasted it.

I think what you are trying to communicate is the idea that when you are deeply in love with a person the sex is special.m-theory
    Being deeply in love is not sufficient in and of itself.

What about people that don't want long term relationships but still want to have sex?m-theory
    They're a dangerous element for the rest of society that has to be controlled - simple.
  • m-theory
    Well maybe it wasn't special for you because you wasted it. But for me, when I had sex with my first girlfriend, it was certainly a very special moment.Agustino

Well for a lot of people it is not nearly as special as thought it was going to be.
    They're a dangerous element for the rest of society that has to be controlled - simple.Agustino

Utter nonsense.
  • Agustino
    Well for a lot of people it is not nearly as special as thought it was going to be.m-theory
    Yes, for materialist hedonists who believe that sex is God, yes it's not that special, because they never see the spiritual dimension of it. That's obvious.
  • m-theory
    You are so very melodramatic.
    You don't have to worship sex to have your first experience be an awkward disappointment.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.