• Nuke
    Your thread was being and would further have been colonised by the same disruptive and negative element that has colonised the other race threads and that sees all talk of race as a threat to be stamped out. — Baden

Here's an idea then. Instead of killing threads that are at least making a good faith effort to be intelligent and constructive, why not get rid of "the same disruptive and negative element" posters or at least remove those posts that, in your opinion, meet that definition.

There's no good reason why intelligent and constructive threads have to be colonized by the disruptive and negative element whose only interest in the subject is their own ego. Allowing that is a decision made by the mods, a decision which can be changed.

It's your call, totally agree. But rewarding the junk you don't like will only earn you more of it.
  • Baden

It's not against the rules to be disruptive and negative to a certain degree. Price we pay for open debate. It's also difficult to assess intention. Anyone who comes to a thread to deliberately disrupt it will be removed. But figuring out what's deliberate is the issue and if we're not careful on that we'll (understandably) be accused of heavy-handedness, bias etc.
  • Baden
    Here's what I can do though, I've moved your original OP to the "What to do about systemic racism?" thread, which is more productive, and left the low-quality responses and insults behind in the other thread. If any of that is repeated in this thread, I'll delete it.

(Please PM me (or @fdrake) with any further on this. Thanks.)
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.