• Engel
    Good morning all,

This is my first post here on this forum, hopefully it wont be my last. This is also my first time openly discussing this topic, and although I'm not quite sure whether or not this platform is the appropriate place; I'm hoping it could be, or that someone could point me in the right direction. I'm not looking to achieve anything, an answer or a similar experience could be nice.

So, a little about me; I work full time as a heavy equipment operator (excavators, dozers, front end loaders, forklifts, etc.) and I'm also a volunteer firefighter for almost 10 years now. I'm in my late 20's and have been working full time since 16 years of age. I don't drink all that often, maybe I get drunk three to five times a year, and might have a beer a couple of times a month. I don't do drugs other than caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol. I smoke cigarettes here and there, a pack could last me six months.

I've always had issues when it's come to falling asleep and waking up; the worst has been the past three months, where every other week to two weeks I'm going three to five days without sleeping, and then resuming a "normal" sleep schedule of two hours a night on average. Melatonin has proved useless, Tylenol PM was a one night stand following demonic dreams and nightmares; although so far it's the only thing that got me to sleep for a total of about four hours.

When I was younger I had a few dreams here and there that "predicted" snow days in school or extended lunch periods, etc.; more or less, trivial things-- things that I didn't think much of, that they were just coincidences.

So now, two dreams that had great meaning; a third from this past night that might. Here's why I chose this forum.

Mid February of 2019, it was a frigid night, I was sleeping on a blanket and had four over top of me. I woke up screaming, sweating profusely, and hyperventilating some time around 5am. I had a nightmare. What I remember; we were responding to an activated fire alarm and found two people DOA in the first floor of the home, we returned from the call.. a few days later it was reported to us that the Medical Examiner was unable to determine how they died. A week or so went by and people started dying, almost like random, and we started getting a lot more calls; every call, there were less and less firefighters showing up; police stopped showing up to calls because they were dying too, everyone was dying and no one could figure out why. We got toned to a fully involved working structure fire, when I pulled up to the firehouse the engine was on the apron ready to go with one member in the back of the rig, I got dressed, hopped in the officer's seat and radioed in to Police Headquarters to put in an additional tone for more manpower; Police HQ radioed back "there is no more manpower." That's when I woke up with my little episode.
    This nightmare freaked me out for a few weeks. I thought about it everyday. And didn't know what to do. Finally I had the idea to make a movie about it and become a millionaire. I started writing a script, with no prior experience; and by the time I was about 1/100th of the way done; the first case of COVID-19 was reported in Wuhan, China; which messed me up for a long time.

July 5th, 2021; less than two weeks ago, I had a dream; I was in a big house and two silhouettes appeared in a dark lit room in front of me, as I was looking out the opened door of the room I was in; unable to move. The silhouette on the right pulled a semi-auto pistol and shot the silhouette on the left in the head; then I woke up panting. I walked into work and said I had a really f****d up dream to my boss; and the next day (7/7/21) Haiti's President was assassinated.

Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. Now for the dream I just had.

I was traveling around a rural area. I had my dad's pick up truck. I went to a store, came out and the car next to me, the rear window was smashed. A woman in the background on my right was calling out "Matt Stop! Matt Please Stop! Stop Matt Please! Please Stop! Stop Please!" I looked to the back of the parking lot, cars lined up one aisle and down the next, all the cars facing the bottom of the parking lot/ to the store/ towards me; there was a gentleman running around with a baseball bat smashing rear windows of cars. He was wearing overalls over a red and black flannel shirt, had long dirty blonde hair, more brown with streaks of blonde than anything. He resembled the character in Death Wish II with Charles Bronson, that was high on PCP and wrestling with police. A movie that I haven't seen in better than 10 years.
    I then went and stopped in another store, came out to the truck rear window being smashed along with every other vehicle's rear windows. This time there were other pickup trucks, there were vans, suvs, along with cars and they were facing all different directions.
    Somehow I then found myself driving my first truck, which hasn't been on the road in over five years. I stopped at what I thought was a garden center, so I turned around to see my dad's pick up truck towing my trailer with my Scag Cheetah on the back (I personally do own a Scag but not a Cheetah, which is a sit down model lawn mower) and took it down off the trailer and drove it into the "garden center' I quickly realized this was a country store and turned around to exit on the lawnmower when i noticed a hydraulic leak all over the floor. I stopped by the customer service department and alerted a manager, asking him to announce it over the PA that the floor is slippery, and that I would go out to my truck where I have Spray Nine (a degreaser/cleaning spray) and paper towel and that I will come back and clean my own mess up. He said that it's no problem and they already have their cleaning crew on the job. I wasn't accepting that, so I returned the mower to the trailer, grabbed the cleaning supplies, and went back into the store. The mess was already cleaned up and I returned back outside to leave. My trailer was gone, rear window of dad's pickup was smashed. I turned to the right to see the windshield, rear window and side windows of my old pickup smashed. I heard a woman screaming "Help Me! Please someone Help Me!" I began searching for her and she appeared, crying and screaming "Matt No! Matt Stop!" and then she was gone. The same gentleman, "Matt" I saw in the back of the lot, smashing windows and vehicles up with a long metal pole.
    After I saw him I was "teleported" into I guess another dream, or we'll say another area. I "spawned" inside of a small airport. There were at least two dozen gunmen who had taken over, using everyone and the airport as a negotiation tool. They were prepared with pallets of food and drink, to hold down the airport for months. They had sleep schedules. They seemed like likeable people, just casually talking to everyone, with their M4A1's over their shoulders; like it was nothing. It was my job to bring water/Gatorade/soda around and see if anyone wanted one. I brought a Gatorade to a lady that was doing paperwork; and then I woke up.

So anyway, like I said I know it's a lot to read. And it's probably not exactly what everyone is looking for to comment on. I won't be upset if this is deleted or if no one replies, I just don't know where else to post this.

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
    -Engel
  • MAYAEL
    Sounds like your going through your Saturn return
    I went through a similar thing from 27 to 29 Years old during that time I had several dreams that stuck with me .
    It is your self truing to work on its self. It's inner work that you have no choice but to do and it will be hard.
  • deletedmemberrw
    July 5th, 2021; less than two weeks ago, I had a dream; I was in a big house and two silhouettes appeared in a dark lit room in front of me, as I was looking out the opened door of the room I was in; unable to move. The silhouette on the right pulled a semi-auto pistol and shot the silhouette on the left in the head; then I woke up panting. I walked into work and said I had a really f****d up dream to my boss; and the next day (7/7/21) Haiti's President was assassinated.

Coincidence? Maybe. Maybe not. Now for the dream I just had.
    Engel

Not sure why you see this as coincidence or why you think there's a connection? There are hundreds of deaths in the US alone per day from guns, and to think of the entire world. Just because that assassination was televised or had news coverage, and because the figure is well known, you think it's maybe related to your dream? That makes no sense.
  • unenlightened
    So it's your dreams that create all this trouble in the world? There had to be some reason for it I suppose.

Any chance you can learn to dream nice dreams? Please?

Have you read Ursula LeGuin, The Lathe of Heaven?
  • praxis
    Your sleep should improve if you give up caffeine.
  • tim wood
    Time for some counseling. If you go to a church, it's very likely someone there can steer you to a good professional counselor. And you ought to have insurance to cover some or most of the cost. Talk is good and relatively cheap, and a lot better than meds. You may also be required to get a checkup; if you have not had one in a few years then you need one. And years of heavy machinery? Might be time to think about giving that up.

Life in general? You've been on about the same path since 16. Maybe you need a change. But all that for a good counselor. Btw, you will know a good counselor when you meet one. If he or she seems no good, then they're not, and you need to find another one. And a good counselor will get you through quickly what on your own or with just your buddies could take you years, or forever.

The machine needs some maintenance and you have some warning lights flashing on your dashboard. Don't be surprised if you find yourself within the next year enrolled at your local junior college.

Find a counselor. Get a checkup. Do it!
  • frank
    After struggling to understand some physics, I dreamed that I figured out how to get out of this universe. The universe was a flat disk and I was looking at it. Then I entered into it and while inside it, everything was three dimensional again.

So I popped back out and it was flat again. There were these really strong emotions about going back and forth. It's like if you start stuttering on purpose, you may reach a point where you can't stop. You have to transition out if it and subsequently, you're a little timid about doing it again. It was like that.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment