• 3rdClassCitizen
    If you believe in alien intelligent life, then most technology and advancements in science are not new, just new to Earth.
    In the experiment with monkees at the typewriter, one tries to imagine the odds of them accidentally recreating an existing work. A human author runs an infinitesimally small chance of recreating an existing work, but can create new works easily.
    By statistics, the monkeys at the typewriters would create an infinite number of valid ORIGINAL novels or manuals before duplicating sn existing one.
    Barnes and Noble could sell these monkey books in their own section.
  • kudos
    A wonderful idea juxtaposes two great things obsolete from the past apes and typewriters. But how do you cat by author?
  • 3rdClassCitizen
    How do I catalog by author books written randomly, or by monkeys? I believe the assembly line than makes some young adult book series has some answer to that.
  • Changeling
    How do I catalog by author books written randomly, or by monkeys?3rdClassCitizen

123Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.