• christian2017

Is it you don't know what the questions pertain to? they relate to previous conversations we've had. Perhaps you've had so many conversations you forgot the context. I can explain them more clearly if you like.
  • Nobeernolife
    Yes. It is important to not confuse the divinity of Allah with the humanity of Muhammad. Somewhere in there we have to find our own stand.Eleonora

Mohammed is Allahs messenger and the perfect man to be emulated. Mohammeds behaviour is normative for muslim men. So where do you go from there?
  • christian2017
    i asked you earlier about the subject of temple prostitiution but you didn't answer
    — christian2017

You did and I did answer elaborately. It's in another thread. We were talking about multiple things and I used them in contrast to each other to illuminate them both. Here goes;

"How do you feel about ancient temple prostitiution in ancient Iraq?"
    — christian2017

Wow, you really touch ground here. I believe that the Latter Day Saints recognize that they do not understand a single thing about Kabbalah as it were and in regard strictly observe connections - to follow the light in its most intricate sense. It's a posture of humility.

Temple prostitution is a further inquiry into the very matter of the same manner. Metaphorically speaking it sort of entails being a prostitute in a sacred temple. Realizing that your ways are foul and therefore submitting wholly to the temple proceedings in order to boundlessly correct yourself. Thus; conclusion - prostitution in temples are bad but the metaphor is good.

When it comes to these particular cases, I think we have to look at each individually. It raises high and sinks low. Some might have considered it an honor an really embraced the unknowable purpose, in which case they would have faced God. Others would have not, in which case it was a sin - both pertaining to the victim and the perpetrator. Mainly because we cannot ever know which really is which. Knowing this and facing God would have been the same at that time.
    Eleonora

Doesn't this sound like brainwashing a person on the basis of religion for the purpose of blatant prostituion. Do you see the difference between brain washing someone to wear a burka and brain washing someone to have sex with you? Its a matter of spectrum. Stealing 1 dollar is different from stealing a $1000.
  • christian2017
    Are you aware that mohomad was a sexual predator and that in many modern predominantly muslim nations, pedophilia is legal?
    — christian2017

Yes. It is important to not confuse the divinity of Allah with the humanity of Muhammad. Somewhere in there we have to find our own stand.
    Eleonora

by sexual predator i mean he engages in a common practice associated with modern roman catholic priests. I assume you are aware of the headlines. Is there any sexual behavior that you would consider unethical?
  • Eleonora

That despite the emulation, Muhammad is not Allah.
  • christian2017
    modern hinduism
    — christian2017

I reckon in modern times it pertains to the same ideal, but by man's preconception of the times rather than the times themselves. Be and let be. Whatever holds to that standard I condone.
    Eleonora

subject: temple prostitution in modern hinduism:

like i said before, is there any sexual conduct that you would consider unethical? I can repeat what i said to you in another post if you would like?
  • Eleonora
    Doesn't this sound like brainwashing a person on the basis of religion for the purpose of blatant prostituion.christian2017

It does.
  • Eleonora
    Is there any sexual behavior that you would consider unethical?christian2017

Non-consentual. When a child and God concludes adulthood in unison, consent can be given. Consent can only really be given on basis of the soul.
  • Eleonora
    to wear a burkachristian2017

It is about spectrum. Not brain washing. Freedom goes both way.
  • christian2017
    In no way shape or form based on my understanding of the Bible do i find the god of the Bible, offensive.
    — christian2017

Let me clarify my take on the notion of your indignation, ↪Gnostic Christian Bishop. I wholeheartedly concur with Christian. Would you rather have a fleeting moment of supreme suffering and an eternity of bliss, or an eternity of wibble wobble? If the latter is your honest to God sincere answer, then I conclude our separation and deem your indignation a single one of your wibble wobbles. Happy surfing.
    Eleonora

Eleonora, well this forum is mostly about bickering for fun, and i only go on this forum so that i drink less alcohol. I'm not sure it would serve a purpose to bring my attack in two directions. I believe in scientific determinism (nurture versus nature) and i'm not going to go into the theology of that unless you ask. The Bishop, you and i are typing what we type right now because of scientific determinism. For some secular or pseudo secular clarification on t me and others on this forum, see my profile. No wrong answer. Or i can copy and paste it if you would like.

We believe what we believe and we do what we do at any given point in time due to how the particles inside us collide. What we feel (consciessness) is a whole another forum topic, and i didn't want to split off into that.
  • christian2017
    Doesn't this sound like brainwashing a person on the basis of religion for the purpose of blatant prostituion.
    — christian2017

It does.
    Eleonora

thats fair.
  • christian2017
    Is there any sexual behavior that you would consider unethical?
    — christian2017

Non-consentual. When a child and God concludes adulthood in unison, consent can be given. Consent can only really be given on basis of the soul.
    Eleonora

Are you saying conclude as in beginning adult hood. What i was saying earlier is hinduism or modern hinduism has children who are temple prostitutes. Mohomad was sexual predator towards children. The roman catholic church has a long history of these things. That was what i was getting at earlier.

Many modern muslim countries with mostly muslims, have legalized pedaphilia.
  • Eleonora
    We believe what we believechristian2017

Isn't that what it all comes down to in the end anyway? Sharing views is a predominant part in being conscious. I hear people with questions, I help myself to the answers to which end I know them. As we all are. The bickering isn't that fun in my view, but it sure beats drinking.

Love you,
    EL
  • christian2017
    to wear a burka
    — christian2017

It is about spectrum. Not brain washing. Freedom goes both way.
    Eleonora

you only quoted apart of the sentence. Freedom does go both ways, but freedom is also a spectrum. I'm sure you've heard of "equality under the law", but even in a country where you truly have "equality under the law", you will still have people viewing one person as significantly more free than the other. Freedom is not an all or nothing thing and it never has at any point in history.
  • christian2017
    We believe what we believe
    — christian2017

Isn't that what it all comes down to in the end anyway? Sharing views is a predominant part in being conscious. I hear people with questions, I help myself to the answers to which end I know them. As we all are. The bickering isn't that fun in my view, but it sure beats drinking.

Love you,
    EL
    Eleonora

you say potato i say pototo. thats fair.
  • Eleonora
    Are you saying conclude as in beginning adult hood.christian2017

Yes. Absolutely.

That was what i was getting at earlier.christian2017

I know. See why I also love hell?

Freedom is not an all or nothing thing and it never has at any point in history.christian2017

Real freedom can never be obtained without ethical indignation to mark the true remarks of unity. We have to meet each other philosophically before we can face each other as equals. This is what the world is working for in all areas.
  • Eleonora
    potatochristian2017

So long as you know that's the word. I never criticise. I only ever conduce myself to fit in all places of every mind.
  • Gnostic Christian Bishop
    Never confuse the method with the outcome.Eleonora

Is that from Hitler or Stalin?

Regards
    DL
  • Eleonora
    pototochristian2017

We can always laugh about it. I prefer it to waging war. Always be open to the minute differences.
  • Eleonora
    Is that from Hitler or Stalin?Gnostic Christian Bishop

I'm not sure. In this case it was from me. We probably all have an outlook on it. I enjoy loving them all. It becomes so beautiful when it all comes together. Like Lucifer.
  • christian2017
    Are you saying conclude as in beginning adult hood.
    — christian2017

Yes. Absolutely.

That was what i was getting at earlier.
    — christian2017

I know. See why I also love hell?

Freedom is not an all or nothing thing and it never has at any point in history.
    — christian2017

Real freedom can never be obtained without ethical indignation to mark the true remarks of unity. We have to meet each other philosophically before we can face each other as equals. This is what the world is working for in all areas.
    Eleonora

my guess based on what i think you are implying above, is that if we discussed politics we would disagree significantly, as opposed to drastically. I don't want to get off topic though.
  • christian2017
    ↪christian2017
    potato
    — christian2017

So long as you know that's the word. I never criticise. I only ever conduce myself to fit in all places of every mind.
    Eleonora

thats fair.
    The nation was conquered, it wasn't about their ethnicity. You said you've read the Bible, perhaps you should read it again.christian2017

A god who can cure but chooses to kill is a prick.

Yahweh is a prick and his followers have the same homophobic and misogynous fascist character.

My side knew their inquisitors well.

Heil Yahweh.

Regards
    DL
  • christian2017
    pototo
    — christian2017

We can always laugh about it. I prefer it to waging war. Always be open to the minute differences.
    Eleonora

ok.
  • Eleonora
    A god who can cure but chooses to kill is a prick.Gnostic Christian Bishop

You know it. Never forget it's Shiva's prick.
  • Eleonora
    Yahweh is a prick and his followers have the same homophobic and misogynous fascist character.Gnostic Christian Bishop

I follow Christ - not YHWH. Jesus was clear about it being his father. We are all one.
  • christian2017
    The nation was conquered, it wasn't about their ethnicity. You said you've read the Bible, perhaps you should read it again.
    — christian2017

A god who can cure but chooses to kill is a prick.

Yahweh is a prick and his followers have the same homophobic and misogynous fascist character.

My side knew their inquisitors well.

Heil Yahweh.

Regards
    DL
    Gnostic Christian Bishop

we are all going to die some day anyway. Everyone of us dies. Assuming there is a hell or heaven, what gets us in either one of those places is a separate forum topic.

I asked earlier if you wanted me to restate the questions. You've once again not answered me. Perhaps you'll get back to me in a month when you have less on your plate. Anyway. I don't think the god of the bible is homophobic, but that he believes it is wrong. Forum rules says we can't discuss homosexuality to my understanding, so i'll just say being a homophobe in the sense of the cliche is wrong.

I agree with you on the homophobe thing.

However why do you say that the Bible supports misogyny?
    Did you see the set of questions i proposed to you? Perhaps he just likes to test his creation? I'll come back to this in an hour. I've never met personally someone who claimed to come back from the grave, but to some extent i believe online testimonies. In no way shape or form based on my understanding of the Bible do i find the god of the Bible, offensive. Do you realize even the show teletubbies (are you familiar with that kid show?) has conflicts and dissapointments. I don't know 100% whether there is an afterlife, and most would make that claim or have to make that claim.christian2017

Yes I saw your garbage.

You, given that you do not see anything offensive in your Hitler-ish Yahweh, cannot recognize the garbage you spew. Fascists like their own.

Your god is Satan, and you don't care.

Regards
    DL
  • Eleonora
    Your god is Satan, and you don't care.Gnostic Christian Bishop

I am GOD and His name is Christmas. In my case it is an acronym for Goddess Of Divinity. That's my mom.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.