• christian2017
    Mohomad was a sexual predator and i have muslim holy books that back this up. As you said above he was also a historical war lord. The Koran encourages muslim crusades.
    — christian2017

Err.... that would be Crescendates, not Crusades. But I would simply stick with Jihad, which actually is an ongoing effort in islamic doctrine, not a rare and unique event like the crusades.
    Nobeernolife

thats fair.
  • Nobeernolife
    thats fair.christian2017

By the way, you do realize why the cross is so offensive to islam? The reason is that the Koran says Jesus was NOT crucified (sura 4-157), so claiming he was means blasphemy. So, no display of crosses, where islam is taken seriously.

(Again, now consider this is the same god as the Christian one.... err, never mind, don´t want to belabour the point again)
  • christian2017
    thats fair.
    — christian2017

By the way, you do realize why the cross is so offensive to islam? The reason is that the Koran says Jesus was NOT crucified (sura 4-157), so claiming he was means blasphemy. So, no display of crosses, where islam is taken seriously.

(Again, now consider this is the same god as the Christian one.... err, never mind, don´t want to belabour the point again)
    Nobeernolife

i wasn't aware of that detail, but i am aware of other things in the Koran. I own a copy and it is mostly a trite and shallow book, atleast the parts i read. Hypothetically i could read more and discover it has something beyond the Kabbalah (trite), but i doubt it. I could say more about the Kabbalah but i'm not going to at this time.
  • Nobeernolife
    i wasn't aware of that detail, but i am aware of other things in the Koran. I own a copy and it is mostly a trite and shallow book, atleast the parts i read.christian2017

You need a bit of background information to see how truly dangerous and deceptive it is. For example, are you aware of the arrangement of the verses, the difference between the Mekka and Medina verses and the concept of abrogation (Naskh)? If not, reading the thing is just exercise in confusion.
  • Eleonora
    In what universe does that make sense?Nobeernolife
    could go either waychristian2017

It makes sense if Allah drunk the beer first after he passed down the Quran.
  • Frank Apisa
    I guess every god has its little faults and idiosyncrasies:

"I, the Lord, your God, am a jealous God, inflicting punishments
    for their fathers' wickedness on the children of those who hate
    me, down to the third and fourth generation."
    Deuteronomy 5:9

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. [2 Chronicles 15:12-13]

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." [Deuteronomy 13:13-19]
  • Eleonora
    I guess every god has its little faults and idiosyncrasiesFrank Apisa

Be and let be is my only decree.

It is a human fault to want to limit the height of God. God is above time, but can still entail change. God is above change. To stare yourself blind on any of those limitations is a human idiosyncrasy.

If a human tells a benevolent God - I am great. Then by God would I be a charletan if I did not incur the penalties upon those who'd make it any less. Who besides God dote exist? It is not dualistic. It is plain obedience both ways.
  • Frank Apisa
    Eleonora
    I guess every god has its little faults and idiosyncrasies
    — Frank Apisa

Be and let be is my only decree.
    Eleonora

Wouldn't it be great if there were a god invented that felt that same way.
  • christian2017
    i wasn't aware of that detail, but i am aware of other things in the Koran. I own a copy and it is mostly a trite and shallow book, atleast the parts i read.
    — christian2017

You need a bit of background information to see how truly dangerous and deceptive it is. For example, are you aware of the arrangement of the verses, the difference between the Mekka and Medina verses and the concept of abrogation (Naskh)? If not, reading the thing is just exercise in confusion.
    Nobeernolife

I'll google that or attempt to google what you are getting at. I was aware that they venerate both Mecca and Medina.
  • christian2017
    In what universe does that make sense?
    — Nobeernolife
    could go either way
    — christian2017

Eleonora

We both (or atleast i) understood what you are getting at (see the post where you pulled my quote from). Your concept is a common thing in hinduism, buddhism , new age, modern druidism and witch craft. I understand there are alot of variations of all of these religions. I would be surprised if both of us didn't understand what you were getting at.

Considering a large subset of the earth's population had close dealings with the civilizations of ancient iraq and considering many of the world's religions are strongly influenced by these original religions of that region. How do you feel about ancient temple prostitution in ancient iraq as well as modern hinduism. I understand this also appeared in other regions of the world.

I think i asked you earlier about the subject of temple prostitiution but you didn't answer.

Are you aware that mohomad was a sexual predator and that in many modern predominantly muslim nations, pedophilia is legal?
  • Nobeernolife
    I'll google that or attempt to google what you are getting at. I was aware that they venerate both Mecca and Medina.christian2017

Do you want to dive into that rabbit hole? Fundamentally, the Mekka verses (written in Mekka, where Mohammud was weak) are tolerant and peaceful, and the Medina verses (written in Medina, where Mohammud became an ever more brutal ruler) are intolerant and violent. In the Koran they are all mixed together, but the (later) Medina verses override the (earlier) Mekka verses. So muslim propagandists can quote wonderfully tolerant verses, knowing that they are invalidated by later Medina verses. Brilliant, isn´t it?
    I could go on for pages..... if you take the red pill, you will discover more than you imagine.
  • christian2017
    In what universe does that make sense?
    — Nobeernolife
    could go either way
    — christian2017

Eleonora

i'm sure your familiar with ancient Sumer (ancient Iraq)
  • christian2017
    I'll google that or attempt to google what you are getting at. I was aware that they venerate both Mecca and Medina.
    — christian2017

Do you want to dive into that rabbit hole? Fundamentally, the Mekka verses (written in Mekka, where Mohammud was weak) are tolerant and peaceful, and the Medina verses (written in Medina, where Mohammud became an ever more brutal ruler) are intolerant and violent. In the Koran they are all mixed together, but the (later) Medina verses override the (earlier) Mekka verses. So muslim propagandists can quote wonderfully tolerant verses, knowing that they are invalidated by later Medina verses. Brilliant, isn´t it?
    I could go on for pages..... if you take the red pill, you will discover more than you imagine.
    Nobeernolife

People like to associate that sort of thing with Christianity but i would like them to find one contradiction in the whole Bible and i'll debate that with them.

It wouldn't surprise me. Perhaps i'll read more of my Koran today.
  • Nobeernolife
    People like to associate that sort of thing with Christianity but i would like them to find one contradiction in the whole Bible and i'll debate that with them.christian2017
    I am not a bible-thumper, but is the Old Testament not fundamentally the violent, war-like god of the Jews, and the New Testament the pacifist god of Jesus? Now reverse that and say that the OT overrides the NT. And yeah, mix the whole thing together and order chapters not chronologically but according to length. Then you get something more like the Koran.

It wouldn't surprise me. Perhaps i'll read more of my Koran today.christian2017
    Before you do that, you should find a source and check the chronological order of the Suras. Otherwise, the whole thing makes absolutely zero sense.
  • christian2017
    People want to be their own gods. Is that good or evil?

The real Original Sin, then and today, to most Christians, is based on this quote.

“For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil" (Gen. 3:5).

Jesus seems to have wanted this to happen, as that would make us his brethren.

Here is the real way to salvation that Jesus taught and that Gnostic Christians have embraced.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Allan Watts explain those quotes in detail.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alRNbesfXXw&feature=player_embedded

If Jesus wants us to know of good and evil, as a prerequisite to being born again as his brethren, it goes well with Jesus’ prediction as quoted above.

That may be why Christians sing that Adam’s sin was a happy fault and necessary to god’s plan.

I am not a literal reader of this myth, but this seems to make sense. It follows then that it makes sense for Adam to ignore Yahweh’s command not to gain an education.

Thoughts?

Regards
    DL
    Gnostic Christian Bishop

You said you like a challenge many times. Can you answer these questions.

1. How do you feel about ancient temple prostitution in ancient Iraq.

2. Are you aware Joshua didn't commit genocide because there were plenty of Amorite cities in ancient Iraq at the time of Joshua. ~1300 BC.

3. If you killed someone's parents (Amorite/Canaanite) are you supposed to tell the surviving child "i murdered your parents, when you are a teenager you'll understand these adult things"

4. were there adoption agencies in the 2nd millenium?

5. Would you argue some behavior is worthy of capital punishment?

6. Were you aware that the Amorites were known for child sacrifice? The later Jews were too and i understand that . The Bible speaks against that.

7. Would you say the Amorite children (non-adults) went to heaven (assuming there is a heaven) after they were killed by the Israelites? I would say they would considering there is no explicit statement saying the children did anything relatively wrong nor does it say they suffered after they died. No explicit statement nor implied statement either.

Ezekiel 12 or 16 says "they did not strenghen the hand of the poor" which is a common theme in the old testament to justify destroying a nation or city.
  • christian2017

We can use what i posted above as a starting point to our conversation.
  • christian2017
    People like to associate that sort of thing with Christianity but i would like them to find one contradiction in the whole Bible and i'll debate that with them.
    — christian2017
    I am not a bible-thumper, but is the Old Testament not fundamentally the violent, war-like god of the Jews, and the New Testament the pacifist god of Jesus? Now reverse that and say that the OT overrides the NT. And yeah, mix the whole thing together and order chapters not chronologically but according to length. Then you get something more like the Koran.

It wouldn't surprise me. Perhaps i'll read more of my Koran today.
    — christian2017
    Before you do that, you should find a source and check the chronological order of the Suras. Otherwise, the whole thing makes absolutely zero sense.
    Nobeernolife

I'll add this to my journal but i have something i want to do as of now. I'll probably start on that in an hour. 70% of my local area has been laid off or sent home due to the virus.
  • Gnostic Christian Bishop
    His disciple, by the only definition we can know. That's the entirety of what Christianity is about to me.Eleonora

You have it backwards like most to.

You want to serve, when Jesus said he came to serve.

You do the opposite of what Jesus wants of you.

Regards
    DL
    Look at what happened in Germany and Japan, and ancient China or the Aztecs.Athena

We are all the same.

I see nature at work. What do you see?

Regards
    DL
    Joshua didn't commit genocide because there were still plenty of Amorites in ancient Iraq. I could go on and on about this but i'll get to it later.christian2017

You would also not see Hitler as using genocide either --- because their were still many Jews around.

Go give your head a shake.

Regards
    DL
  • Eleonora
    i asked you earlier about the subject of temple prostitiution but you didn't answerchristian2017

You did and I did answer elaborately. It's in another thread. We were talking about multiple things and I used them in contrast to each other to illuminate them both. Here goes;

"How do you feel about ancient temple prostitiution in ancient Iraq?"
    — christian2017

Wow, you really touch ground here. I believe that the Latter Day Saints recognize that they do not understand a single thing about Kabbalah as it were and in regard strictly observe connections - to follow the light in its most intricate sense. It's a posture of humility.

Temple prostitution is a further inquiry into the very matter of the same manner. Metaphorically speaking it sort of entails being a prostitute in a sacred temple. Realizing that your ways are foul and therefore submitting wholly to the temple proceedings in order to boundlessly correct yourself. Thus; conclusion - prostitution in temples are bad but the metaphor is good.

When it comes to these particular cases, I think we have to look at each individually. It raises high and sinks low. Some might have considered it an honor an really embraced the unknowable purpose, in which case they would have faced God. Others would have not, in which case it was a sin - both pertaining to the victim and the perpetrator. Mainly because we cannot ever know which really is which. Knowing this and facing God would have been the same at that time.

John 21:17
    You said you like a challenge many times. Can you answer these questions.christian2017

Yes, but to what end?

You are trying to justify your god killing when he could just as easily cure.

You sure have a satanic view o9f Jesus.

He said he came t9o cure and not to kill.

Why are you adoring a murderer instead of a good god?

Regards
    DL
  • Eleonora
    Are you aware that mohomad was a sexual predator and that in many modern predominantly muslim nations, pedophilia is legal?christian2017

Yes. It is important to not confuse the divinity of Allah with the humanity of Muhammad. Somewhere in there we have to find our own stand.
  • Eleonora
    You want to serve, when Jesus said he came to serveGnostic Christian Bishop

Being a disciple of Jesus is nor about doing, nor either about being anything other than loving - no more than believing inconclusively is it.
    Being a disciple of Jesus is nor about doing, nor either about being anything other than loving - no more than believing inconclusively is it.Eleonora

Loving???

You have not read your bible. Armageddon ring a bell?

Regards
    DL
  • Eleonora
    modern hinduismchristian2017

I reckon in modern times it pertains to the same ideal, but by man's preconception of the times rather than the times themselves. Be and let be. Whatever holds to that standard I condone.
  • Eleonora
    You have not read your bible. Armageddon ring a bell?Gnostic Christian Bishop

I have read the Bible and I know its pretext well. Let it ring a bell. Never confuse the method with the outcome.
  • christian2017
    Joshua didn't commit genocide because there were still plenty of Amorites in ancient Iraq. I could go on and on about this but i'll get to it later.
    — christian2017

You would also not see Hitler as using genocide either --- because their were still many Jews around.

Go give your head a shake.

Regards
    DL
    Gnostic Christian Bishop

The nation was conquered, it wasn't about their ethnicity. You said you've read the Bible, perhaps you should read it again.
  • christian2017
    You said you like a challenge many times. Can you answer these questions.
    — christian2017

Yes, but to what end?

You are trying to justify your god killing when he could just as easily cure.

You sure have a satanic view o9f Jesus.

He said he came t9o cure and not to kill.

Why are you adoring a murderer instead of a good god?

Regards
    DL
    Gnostic Christian Bishop

Did you see the set of questions i proposed to you? Perhaps he just likes to test his creation? I'll come back to this in an hour. I've never met personally someone who claimed to come back from the grave, but to some extent i believe online testimonies. In no way shape or form based on my understanding of the Bible do i find the god of the Bible, offensive. Do you realize even the show teletubbies (are you familiar with that kid show?) has conflicts and dissapointments. I don't know 100% whether there is an afterlife, and most would make that claim or have to make that claim.
  • Eleonora
    In no way shape or form based on my understanding of the Bible do i find the god of the Bible, offensive.christian2017

Let me clarify my take on the notion of your indignation, . I wholeheartedly concur with Christian. Would you rather have a fleeting moment of supreme suffering and an eternity of bliss, or an eternity of wibble wobble? If the latter is your honest to God sincere answer, then I conclude our separation and deem your indignation a single one of your wibble wobbles. Happy surfing.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.