• Michael
    All of it, it turns out, was misinformation and propaganda.NOS4A2

I didn't realise you knew what was taken and what was missing.
  • NOS4A2

You do know that nuclear codes change between administration. Might you at least clarify that they our outdated and useless nuclear codes?
  • Tate
    So getting your popcorn ready for the binge watching of blood on the streets?ssu

I think we're probably too lazy for that.
  • Michael
    You do know that nuclear codes change between administration. Might you at least clarify that they our outdated and useless nuclear codes?NOS4A2

When have I ever said anything about nuclear codes?
  • ssu

Let's remember that for 20 years the nuclear codes were “00000000” in Minuteman silos.
  • NOS4A2

I remember Clinton losing them.
  • NOS4A2

When have I ever said anything about nuclear codes?

I re-read your post. You didn’t say anything about nuclear codes, but rather nuclear documents. My mistake.
  • praxis
    I love me some polarization, to be honest.NOS4A2

That at least in part explains your undying love for the canceled orange divider-in-chief.
  • NOS4A2

More so an undying hatred for the establishment uniparty and the State, but tomatoes tomatoes.
  • Fooloso4
    More so an undying hatred for the establishment uniparty and the StateNOS4A2

Right. The Trump Party, where loyalty to the leader must be pledged and demonstrated, where even minimal descent will be punished, where there is no State only the whims and desires of Trump is a much better option.
  • Mikie
    Right. The Trump Party, where loyalty to the leader must be pledged and demonstrated, where even minimal descent will be punished, where there is no State only the whims and desires of Trump is a much better option.Fooloso4

:fire:

It really is farcical isn’t it? The biggest Statist here claims to hate the state (now that Biden is president, of course).

Don’t look for principles or consistency. At the heart of it all is simple sociopathy.
  • Fooloso4
    It really is farcical isn’t it?Xtrix

I reliabel source of amusement. Unfortunately, there are a significant number of people who agree with him and people in positions of power, shameless toadies, who attempt to aggrandize their power by kissing his ass.
  • praxis
    More so an undying hatred for the establishment uniparty and the State, but tomatoes tomatoes.NOS4A2

Trump was head of state. He may claim to be against the establishment and out of your great love for him I suppose that you have no choice but to believe him.
  • Relativist
    All of it, it turns out, was misinformation and propaganda.NOS4A2
    IMO, information leaked to the press should always be taken with a grain of salt, treated more as an allegation than a fact.

That said, the latest allegation is that there were secrets about a foreign government's nuclear capability among the papers illegally held by Trump. This is a bit different from the prior leak, but still in the ballpark. Regardless of the truth of that allegation, it's well established that Team Trump* violated the letter of the Espionage Act by retaining highly secret documents related to national defense. Further, there's clearly evidence of obstruction of justice. We'll have to wait and see if there are indictments.

*Team Trump = Trump and his legal team.
  • NOS4A2
    Heritage Expert: Americans Have Lost $4,200 in Annual Income Under The Biden Administration

Under former President Trump’s low-inflation economy, the average American worker’s real annual earnings increased by $4,000. That has been completely wiped out in about a year and a half under the Biden administration. Despite seeing the failure of various policies, such as paying people more to stay home than remain employed, the Biden administration has doubled down on these mistakes so that families can no longer afford to live in Biden’s America.

At least there are no more mean tweets.
  • praxis

A website where Jordan Peterson is featured. :snicker:
  • Merkwurdichliebe
    nice! Jordan Peterson is great
  • Baden
    Trump's low-inflation economy. Amusing. We had thirty years of low inflation economies until the Fed (beginning in the Trump administration and under a Trump nominated chair) got too busy with the money printer. But of course the HF article is not aimed at anyone who knows anything.

He's actually alright. He never needed to be as polarising as he was really.
  • Fooloso4

Trump attempted to take credit for an economy that was greatly improved under Obama, claiming, contrary to the facts, that he had inherited a "disaster".
    Joint Economic Committee

While it might be true that inflation has risen during the Biden administration that does not mean that the Biden administration is responsible for the current world economic situation. The article says nothing about the two major causes: the pandemic and Putin's invasion of Ukraine. In both cases Trumps failure to act decisively bears some responsibility.
  • Baden

Pretty much. Inflation is a result of the Fed stimulus along with supply chain issues and is a lagging phenomenon that started in the Trump admin and continued on into the Biden admin. Neither Trump nor Biden could really do much about it as they don't directly control the Fed or the events which caused the Fed to stimulate. Ironically, before this all kicked off, Trump had called Chair Powell a "bonehead" for having interest rates too high (which was necessary to control inflation) and praised him as his MIP ("most improved player") when he cut rates and turned the money printer on (thus causing the inflation we have now). But of course, Trump is a fool as are any readers of the Hertitage Foundation's "analysis" that take it seriously.
  • Baden
    The author, Bernanke, is a libertarian Republican but thankfully this is not a particularly political book, more a primer on some basic economic concepts as they pertain to recent history.
  • praxis
    He's actually alright.Baden

:scream:
  • NOS4A2
    Biden bears no responsibility for the American economy. His American Rescue Plan Act, his Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act, have little to no effect on inflation and the economy…unless the economy is good, of course.
  • Baden

No one's batting for Biden, just pointing out how stupid the reference to Trump's "low-inflation economy" is seeing as the bird brain was begging for inflationary policies since he got elected and celebrating when he got them thanks to COVID. If you'd stopping kissing his feet for a moment and look up, you'll find a fellow libertarian telling you the same thing.
  • Baden
    To paraphrase Bernanke:

"Trump is a selfish fucktard who demonstrates the importance of Fed independence from politicians seeking monetary policy changes for their personal political benefit while flushing the interests of the people they are supposed to represent down the toilet."

Even a libertarian can be right sometimes.
  • NOS4A2

“Listen to Ben Bail out Wallstreet Bernanke”….I’ll pass.

The proof is in the pudding.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CUUR0000SA0L1E?output_view=pct_12mths
  • Baden

Just admit you don't have a clue how any of this works and are just looking for pro-Trump anti-Biden points because that's all you ever do here.
  • Baden
    And you can read a different book if you like, but educate yourself.

Ah, duck it, we both know that's not going to happen.
  • Fooloso4
    The proof is in the pudding.NOS4A2

During Trump's presidency:

The economy lost 2.9 million jobs. The unemployment rate increased by 1.6 percentage points to 6.3%.

The international trade deficit Trump promised to reduce went up. The U.S. trade deficit in goods and services in 2020 was the highest since 2008 and increased 40.5% from 2016.

The number of people lacking health insurance rose by 3 million.

The federal debt held by the public went up, from $14.4 trillion to $21.6 trillion.

Home prices rose 27.5%
    — https://www.factcheck.org/2021/10/trumps-final-numbers/
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube