• Frank Apisa

You should work up the guts to say where you are from...then give lectures on how NOT to run an election or a campaign properly.

If you have never voted for someone based on the notion "the better of two not delightful choices"...chances are you are not allowed to vote.

In any case...all his life, Joe Biden has been fighting for the things I think would make the world a much better place. He is, in my opinion, an excellent choice for the job...AND YES, THE FACT THAT HE IS NOT TRUMP SHOULD BE MENTIONED EVERY DAY OF THE CAMPAIGN.

That fact should be of importance to every human with a functioning brain everywhere, not just to Americans, because Trump is a danger to the entire planet.
  • Frank Apisa

No, I am not fine with it. I am not fine with any stories of men, particularly men of power, allowing themselves to behave toward women in ways half as far over the line as this.

But I do not know the whole story...and no matter what, Joe Biden is a MUCH, MUCH, MUCH better choice than Trump...and the choice will be between Joe Biden and Trump.

As I said earlier (and I thank you for providing me with an opportunity to repeat):

Any American who votes in a way that helps Trump retain the presidency does a disservice to America and the world on a par with the people who helped bring Adolf Hitler to power...and who helped retain him in power.
  • Baden

By saying things like this, you are guaranteed to alienate progressives and independents, who you need to win. So, if your goal with your posts on this site is to do everything possible to get Trump reelected, you're doing a fantastic job.
  • Frank Apisa
    Baden
    ↪Frank Apisa

By saying things like this, you are guaranteed to alienate progressives and independents, who you need to win. So, if your goal with your posts on this site is to do everything possible to get Trump reelected, you're doing a fanatic job.
    Baden

If you want to think that is what's happening...that you actually care about how people react to posts on an obscure, not especially active Internet forum...

...you might want to change your position rather than commenting on the efficacy of the content of others.
  • Streetlight
    I'm Australian where we have equally shit representation - a bunch of rabid Christian loons intent of aping American-style governance of punishing the poor and rewarding the rich.

All his life, Joe Biden has been fighting for the things I think would make the world a much better place.Frank Apisa

And this is just a fucking joke. Biden, who fought for bus segregation in schools? Who, as late as 2003, eulogised segregationist Strom Thurmond as those 'among his closest friends'? Biden, who let Anita Hill get shit all over in her sexual assault allegations in the Clarence hearings? Biden, who is likely a sexual predator himself and who enjoys touching and sniffing young women - in fact young girls - in public? Biden, who supported the Iraq War unconditionally? Biden, whose support of and engineering of Clinton's Crime Bill led the US to have among the highest rates of incarceration in the world? Biden, who supported DOMA? Biden, who enthusiastically stripped bankruptcy protections from private student loans and helped entrench and expand the sprawling the American debt state? Biden, who has, throughout his career, argued for - and attained - cuts to social security? Biden, who was at Obama's right hand as he laid waste to the Middle East, bailed out Wall Street, deported hundreds and thousands of migrants, and continued a drone war which murdered hundreds of civilians?

Biden has done more harm to the US and the world in his decades long career in politics than Trump could ever aspire to. Trump is a self-interested illiterate wanker doing the bidding of his Republican overloads. Biden's a true fucking believer - he only happened to do it with a bit of charisma, which even now he's lost to the creeping onset of dementia. Biden has fought all his life to make the world a worse place to live in for everyone, and he's been incredibly successful in doing so. For the student-debt problem alone - which, incidentally, he acted in place of credit companies who had given him hundreds and thousands in corporate donations - Biden deserves to be disembowled in public by a pack of hungry rats.
  • Baden

People like you, not just on this forum, but across America will get Trump reelected. You are his greatest asset and are doing everything he would want you to do. For free. Congratulations.
  • Frank Apisa
    And this is just a fucking joke. Biden, who fought for bus segregation in schools? Who, as late as 2003, eulogised segregationist Strom Thurmond as those 'among his closest friends'? Biden, who let Anita Hill get shit all over in her sexual assault allegations in the Clarence hearings? Biden, who is likely a sexual predator himself and who enjoys touching and sniffing young women - in fact young girls - in public? Biden, who supported the Iraq War unconditionally? Biden, whose support of and engineering of Clinton's Crime Bill led the US to have among the highest rates of incarceration in the world? Biden, who supported DOMA? Biden, who enthusiastically stripped bankruptcy protections from private student loans and helped entrench and expand the sprawling the American debt state? Biden, who has, throughout his career, argued for - and attained - cuts to social security? Biden, who was at Obama's right hand as he laid waste to the Middle East, bailed out Wall Street, deported hundreds and thousands of migrants, and continued a drone war which murdered hundreds of civilians?

Biden has done more harm to the US and the world in his decades long career in politics than Trump could ever aspire to. Trump is a self-interested illiterate wanker doing the bidding of his Republican overloads. Biden's a true fucking believer - he only happened to do it with a bit of charisma, which even now he's lost to the creeping onset of dementia. Biden has fought all his life to make the world a worse place to live in for everyone, and he's been incredibly successful in doing so. For the student-debt problem alone, Biden deserves to be disembowled in public by a pack of hungry rats.
    StreetlightX

The unique fauna of Oz have apparently eaten your brain.

Nothing of any worth will come from your attempts to use it.
  • Streetlight
    Ah yes, the most powerful argument of all - simply not having one.
  • Frank Apisa
    Baden
    ↪Frank Apisa

People like you, not just on this forum, but across America will get Trump reelected. You are his greatest asset and are doing everything he would want you to do. For free. Congratulations.
    Baden

No, Baden...people like you are the problem.

Okay...you cannot see it...and it may lead to more of Trump.

And, like you people did in 2016...you people while attempt to shirk the responsibility.

You folk do resemble Trump in that. Perhaps that is why you are doing it.
  • frank
    The unique fauna of Oz have apparently eaten your brain.Frank Apisa

Some sort of exotic fungus maybe.
  • frank
    No, Baden...people like you are the problem.Frank Apisa

He's not a problem. He's irrelevant.
  • Baden

In terms of having a vote, correct. In terms of knowing what I'm talking about, those tables are turned.

The unique fauna of Oz have apparently eaten your brain.Frank Apisa

Have you got any substantive defence against @StreetlightX's statements about Biden's policy positions? It's possible to have a conversation about that.
  • frank
    In terms of having a vote, correctBaden

:up:
  • Baden
    No, Baden...people like you are the problem.Frank Apisa

People like me, whether in America or elsewhere, will vote for politicians who represent what they believe in. Biden does not represent what progressives or the left believe in. Ergo, many of our ilk won't vote for him (some will, but many won't). So, if he and his supporters want more of the left's vote, he needs to give the left something of substance. The Nazi angle is not going to work just from a pragmatic viewpoint (leaving aside the absurdity of it for a moment).
  • Frank Apisa

Yes to both of your comments there, Frank.
  • Frank Apisa
    Have you got any substantive defence against StreetlightX's statements about Biden's policy positions? It's possible to have a conversation about that.Baden

One of the things he said was, "Biden has done more harm to the US and the world in his decades long career in politics than Trump could ever aspire to. "

That IS a statement about Biden's policy positions.

And I do have something of substance to say about it:

That comment is so fucking nuts...that anyone attempting to comment on it further than what I am saying right here, is also fucking nuts.

Comment further if you want, Baden, but I won't.
  • frank
    Yes to both of your comments there, Frank.Frank Apisa

They might be trying to compensate for being profoundly irrelevant.
  • Frank Apisa
    People like me, whether in America or elsewhere, will vote for politicians who represent what they believe in. Biden does not represent what progressives or the left believe in. Ergo, many of our ilk won't vote for him (some will, but many won't). So, if he and his supporters want more of the left's vote, he needs to give the left something of substance. The Nazi angle is not going to work just from a pragmatic viewpoint (leaving aside the absurdity of it for a moment).Baden

"Believe in"...huh?

People like you are the reason people...

...like Voltaire said, "The best is the enemy of the good"...

...like Confucius wrote, "Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without"...

...like Shakespeare had Albany declare, “Striving to better, oft we mar what's well.
  • Streetlight
    Yeah I mean how could Biden's mutiple-decade litany of policy shitness ever comapre to a series of irrelavent quotes!
  • Baden

Tell you what, frank, stop talking about everything outside the US and I might take you seriously, otherwise it just sounds like you are sore because of a few things street said.
  • Baden
    That comment is so fucking nuts...that anyone attempting to comment on it further than what I am saying right here, is also fucking nuts.

Frank Apisa

And the specific policy positions mentioned? You agree Biden took those positions or not?
  • Jamal
    That comment is so fucking nuts...that anyone attempting to comment on it further than what I am saying right here, is also fucking nuts.Frank Apisa

:lol:

I guess I'll have to refrain from commenting to the effect that Street and Baden are right.
  • tim wood
    Confusion on confusion vomited out with rabid invective. What is "bus segregation in schools"? It doesn't make sense. The video of Biden's remarks on Thurmond are here: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/biden-praised-segregationist-strom-thurmond-as-closest-friend-who-believed-in-heterogenous-diverse-society
    View it and learn the truth of it. How exactly did Anita Hill get "shit all over" in the Clarence Thomas hearings? Biden "likely a sexual predator"? "Likely"? The crime bill, read about it here for the truth of it: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/6/20/18677998/joe-biden-1994-crime-bill-law-mass-incarceration
    And so forth. Yours is junk-yard dog rhetoric with rabid overtones. It makes you a variety of Kelly Anne Conway. Nor do I defend Biden - don't make that mistake. In any case he needs no defense from the likes of you. He is, imo, a terrible choice as candidate. Most charitably he's old and imperfect in ways that matter. But at the same time, he could be a great president, the which Trump never could be. But your invective poisons the well. And that's all you got, just your kind of foul stream. I invite you to look at your sources more critically, or at least more sources, and add some essential balance and understanding to your remarks. And forget the bluff: some of us were there and watched and in some cases experienced what you write about.

Imagine I consumed the Australian yellow press and having ruminated and condensed it vomited it back out as the truth of Australian politics and life. Whatever else you might feel about that, you'd recognize the inaccuracy to the point of sheer wrongness, yes? Well that's where you are. But the lie is easy and the truth hard. Perhaps that's one reason liars are reviled, because the lie is unnecessary and it takes time and work to expose it, that could be better used elsewhere. And at the moment that's you, our own Kelly Ann of invective. If you could turn your gifts to comedy, you'd be hilarious, and likely a much better person.
  • Frank Apisa
    Baden

— Frank Apisa

And the specific policy positions mentioned? You agree Biden took those positions or not?
    Baden

Anyone reading what he wrote...after reading the sentence I quoted...if a fool.

I am not a fool.
  • Frank Apisa
    jamalrob
    — Frank Apisa

:lol:

I guess I'll have to refrain from commenting to the effect that Street and Baden are right.
    jamalrob

Sounds like that would be a smart move on your part, Jam.
  • Streetlight
    . What is "bus segregation in schools"? It doesn't make sense. The video of Biden's remarks on Thurmond are here: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/biden-praised-segregationist-strom-thurmond-as-closest-friend-who-believed-in-heterogenous-diverse-society
    View it and learn the truth of it. How exactly did Anita Hill get "shit all over" in the Clarence Thomas hearings? Biden "likely a sexual predator"? "Likely"? The crime bill, read about it here for the truth of it: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/6/20/18677998/joe-biden-1994-crime-bill-law-mass-incarceration
    tim wood

Thanks for providing sources on some of what I listed, all of which simply repeat what I said :) I do indeed hope people read about it for themselves, given that people like Frank are so incapable of even remotely addressing any of the points raised that the best they can settle for are pearl-clutching and ad homs.
  • Streetlight
    What is "bus segregation in schools"? It doesn't make sensetim wood

Also, I have no doubt that you cannot make sense of a great deal, but perhaps if you take your morning vitamins you may just be able to get through a couple of paragraphs without overloading your minimal brain capacity:

"In 1975, Biden was representing a state where one of the first major urban school desegregation plans had been ordered by a court. Many white parents in the Wilmington area were angry. In response, Biden sponsored not just the bill limiting courts’ power but also an amendment to an appropriations bill that barred the federal government from withholding funding from schools that remained effectively segregated.

...Biden’s anti-integration efforts didn’t end in 1975. Two years later, he co-authored a bill that barred federal courts from ordering busing plans unless courts found evidence of discriminatory intent. That legislation failed. A 1977 report on school desegregation by the Civil Rights Commission, a federal agency, described Biden’s activities as stymieing school integration.

Federal data analyzed by Johnson and other researchers shows that busing succeeded in narrowing racial achievement gaps before frontal assaults and legislative maneuvers by Biden and others rendered it easier for districts under court order to be released from integration demands".

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/joe-biden-didn-t-just-compromise-segregationists-he-fought-their-n1021626
  • Baden
    Yours is junk-yard dog rhetoric with rabid overtonestim wood

And this is?:

That comment is so fucking nuts...that anyone attempting to comment on it further than what I am saying right here, is also fucking nuts.Frank Apisa

But, fine, have a look at street's latest post and I'd also be happy to list sources and quotes therein that explicate why Biden is so unpalatable to much the left. Let's debate it on that basis.
  • Baden

Never mind, I think we got it covered. :wink:
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube