• Mongrel
    Aha! What's a philosophy forum without a goodbye. I just recently figured out that I don't belong on a philosophy forum. If you already knew that.. hey, why didn't you tell me?

Anyway.. I've grown intellectually from knowing you guys, and I really appreciate having sort of known ya. Best wishes to each of you and to the community you've created.

Peace out! :)
  • _db
    Why don't you belong on a philosophy forum? :(
  • Agustino
    Kind of shocking... Hope that you still post from time to time though! I enjoy some of your posts! :)
  • Sir2u
    Kind of weird for someone with so many of those bloody LIKEs to think that he is not suited to the site. Maybe someone tempted him to go somewhere else as there is such a big business in philosophy sites.
  • S
    But you're good at what you do here!

I've reached the same conclusion before, although possibly for different reasons, but I've changed my mind, and I've returned more than once after leaving for a while.

I hope you return too, unless you really are better off without a philosophy forum, and without this one in particular.

All the best,

Good bye!

Sapientia
  • Mongrel
    Kind of weird for someone with so many of those bloody LIKEs to think that he is not suited to the site. Maybe someone tempted him to go somewhere else as there is such a big business in philosophy sitesSir2u

Ah.. Sir2U... you spat in my face when I came to PF, you spit in it again as I leave. May you drink much water so you never run out of sputum, and my all who encounter you see in you what I see.. after they clear the mucous from their eyes...
  • Mongrel
    All the best,

Good bye!
    Sapientia

Bye dude! I've always thought of you as a little tike. Don't worry.. that's how we old women are. You'll have grey hair and we'll still be seeing the baby you once were. Blessings. :)
  • Jamal
    Why are you leaving, @Mongrel? What can I do to change your mind?
  • Mongrel
    Why are you leavingjamalrob

Hey, cousin. I just need to go. Just wanted you to know I think you're cool.
  • Jamal
    Thanks. I wish you well.
  • unenlightened
    It's the chickens, isn't it. I warned them about the chickens.

Farewell. (L)
  • Sir2u
    Ah.. Sir2U... you spat in my face when I came to PF, you spit in it again as I leave.Mongrel
    I did no such thing.
    I expressed my thoughts on your departure and your lack of belief in yourself.
  • discoii
    Hello hello, I don't know why you say goodbye I say hello.
  • Baden
    @Mongrel Damn. You've been philosophizing like a boss from the beginning. The door is always open...
  • Mayor of Simpleton

I don't know if anyone 'belongs' on a philosophy forum. I know you are really welcome here and much appreciated.

I know I'll miss the posts you write.

Indeed there are reasons, good reasons, personal reasons to take a break. As Baden said...
    The door is always open...Baden

The Philosophy Forum will be here for you when you need it.

In turns of 'fun' like we can have here in TPF... it's a small world. I really think you are a big part of that small world.

Do what you must, but I really (my ego speaking) how to meet up with you again. It was fun and can be again, but if you need some time... I fully understand.

All the best and a big MEOW to you! ;)

GREG
  • mcdoodle
    I for one hope you come back. I'll miss what you have to say.
  • Cavacava
    Hey Mongrel, I just got here and you are leaving? Best of wishes and good luck always! Maybe you will come back someday...soon.
  • Sentient
    Mongrel,

I enjoyed our debate about truth and beauty on the art thread very much. Sad to 'see' you go. What's just as sad (to me) is announcing my own departure, as well (didn't want to create a thread for this purpose, though so hope you will forgive me adding a few of my own thoughts).

Philosophy has been a love of mine for a very, very long time. It's craddled me like a child during bad times, it has opened my eyes, saddened, frustrated and delighted me but it's not my own place anymore and hasn't been for some years. Many things I used to call 'mine' without giving them another thought, have been appropriated during this same time frame.

Life is give and take. I wish this forum absolute succes and hope it can be a shining example of ideas.

Jamalrob, you did the right thing creating this forum and I hope the admins here will support you in making this 'third place' a place by philosophers for philosophers. For the love of philosophy.

Thank you all.

- S
  • S
    Good bye, Sentient.

Right, that's it. No one else is allowed to leave.
  • Baden
    Thanks for the encouraging words @Sentient and best wishes. We appreciate your contribution, and hope if you ever change your mind, we'll be your first port of call.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.