• deletedmemberMD
    This is just an inquiry into a feeling I have been having the past few days. I want to try and describe it phenomenologically and ask if anyone else is feeling it? Am I having a spiritual experience or am I just being paranoid and thinking magically due to fortuitous personal circumstance?

I feel as if with a lot of the people i know and a lot of the strangers I meet there is a palpable hope and lack of ignorance in the air. I feel as if some wall of ignorance somewhere has fallen and people are slowly coming round to some kind of consensus of truth? Maybe I'm going crazy, I just feel as if a new energy is there in the world that either wasn't there before or was too quiet for me to hear.

Maybe it's just a shift on this forum; I'm not sure. Despite some recent back pain and the stress of starting life in a new place and my feelings of geopiphone mixed with mild longingness for the hills of Scotland I call home; nothing seems able to dampen my spirits. My emotions moderately come and go as needed and I feel a sense of progress within and without.

Does anyone else feel like there is a strange Phenomenological shift going on right now around the world?
    1. Are you feeling a shift right now? (6 votes)
        Yes
        33%
        No
        67%
  • javra
    In one word: Trump. Whom we all know is our esteemed comrade of superior equality relative to everyone else in the world, this because he is the bestest leader in the history of trump = unrivaled truth. (Remember now, ignorance is power.)

And if this weren’t enough, he has supporters, both at home and abroad.

Nah, I don’t feel there’s a global conscious awakening on the horizon. Unless it’s about giving the rich more untaxed money so that more could trickle down to the ever growing poor, kind of thing.

Excuse me for my sarcasm. I have to joke about the unpleasantries I do feel in relation to what’s going on so as to keep some morsel of sanity. Still, no, the feeling you’re experiencing isn’t something that everybody else shares – definitely not something shared by me.

Then again, maybe you’ve had a lucky strike of pleasant encounters? I’d still say it’s not something global.
  • Noble Dust

Sounds like a change in your perception. And/or if you're putting out a different energy these days, people will respond differently, and your perception of them will change. Inner development is good!
  • Pfhorrest
    Sounds to me like you're having a bout of ontophilia, or something in the direction of it at least. So yes, more or less a spiritual experience. I hope you enjoy it while it lasts and maybe make some good use of it too.
  • armonie
    だったかも
  • ArguingWAristotleTiff
    @Mark Dennis
    I have been aware of a shift as well. I will not give any one person credit/blame for the shifting feeling but rather more on an "us" level.
    On first blush my response is that we have become so overloaded with knowledge, that no one has to think problems through like before and our critical thinking skills grow dull.
    My second thought, although simple is: Knowledge speaks where Wisdom listens.
  • Spirit12
    Yes I have felt shift. It is what make me come out of hermitage
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.