• Shawn
    The hate is somewhat excessive, don't you guys think?
  • Brett

The hate is somewhat excessive, don't you guys think?Wallows

Of course it is. And I don’t get it. What exactly is going on with that?
  • Nils Loc
    And I don’t get it. What exactly is going on with that?Brett

Because of the politics his narrative supports. The hate just reflects the polar divide of our political landscape.

He's a religious conservative who fears big government because the USA could become communist if we don't stop all this postmodern neomarxist monkey business (whatever it is).
  • Brett

“When asked if he believes in God, Peterson responded: "I think the proper response to that is No, but I'm afraid He might exist". https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Peterson

So less religion and more that he disagrees with someone.
  • Nils Loc
    I too am afraid God might exist. That is why I read the bible and try to distill its perennial wisdom, to hedge my doubt.

Disclaimer: I do not read the bible.
  • Shawn
    I too am afraid God might exist. That is why I read the bible and try to distill its perennial wisdom.Nils Loc

God is incomprehensible. We should drop Jesus' name more.
  • praxis
    I hate him because he’s anti-identity-politics and I LOVE identity politics. I can’t get enough identity politics! What would politics even be without identities.
  • Maw
    I don't care about Jordan Peterson
  • Noble Dust

I agree, and feel like I need to make it clear I'm not a JBP fanboy. He's stated that he's loaded. He's made bank on his ideas. But it's clear that he's also made a positive impact on people who were down and out. I think that's what boils my blood the most in this situation. He has helped people. That's a good thing, and should be applauded. He's probably helped more people lift their lives out of the muck than @Maw and @Evil have.
  • Maw
    Yeah maybe don't take life advice from a guy so addicted to benzos he nearly died multiple times and had to be placed in a medically induced coma.
  • Baden
    Can't see any reason to keep this open.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.