• Gus Lamarch
    “What is truth when you have belief?” – Gus Lamarch

REMINDER: My philosophical thought will, for every reader, afford little confort, and is not recommended for the easily offended, and/or closed-minded.

"Truth" is only the concept of a "Dominant Opinion". When the current "truth" no longer supports the method in which society behaves in such an age, it becomes a lie, and a new "truth" is constructed.

So what criterion or evaluation would apply to works such as Plato's "Republic", or Hume's "Essay Concerning Human Understanding" then? Are these works of artistic fiction only, containing no content or substance? In this case, they are the concept of the opinion of an individual. They only become "Truth" when they become the accepted opinion of the masses. It could be truth for Plato or Hume, but what is an individual "truth" in a sea of mass "truths"?

“Rubbish. You're conflating truth and belief.”

If for you, the concept that "truth" in reality doesn't exist, but is just a case of mass belief, is "rubbish", that's ok, for indeed, this is your individual "truth".

And what is the difference between truth and belief?

Belief is the concept of accepting something as your truth, as the infinite self-realization, of acccepting something as your own. But "Truth" as I perceive that you see as "Absolute Truth" is moldable. If the majority says that something its true, it is, end of the discussion.

"Your belief creates your truth"

"Your belief is your truth"
  • Gus Lamarch
    "What do you most love in people? Their versions whom I own..." - Gus Lamarch

REMINDER: My philosophical thought will, for every reader, afford little confort, and is not recommended for the easily offended, and/or closed-minded.

For a few seconds, from moment to moment, it comes to my mind, the clear reminder that we are all children of present decay and that it is thus a paradox, or a certain hypocrisy on my part, for my lines criticize directly this decadence.

Perhaps it is my ego, my insistence on wanting to see, and transform, the world into something new, something that renews the long-lost spirit of the human being. Something that causes "Man" to create his new hope and eventually reach his new supreme "Level", something that Nietzsche had already created the nomenclature of "Übermensch", but which I interpret to be the "Own Man". Not a transcendental being or anything incredible, but one who accepts his own ego, and who accepts his individuality and the individuality of others, who loves himself, as today, through "false empathy" decides to love others. A human being "et contentiones sint". - A true selfish to himself, as to all others. -
  • ovdtogt
    What is 'my' truth? Whatever I believe, serves my purpose.
  • Gus Lamarch
    Whatever I believe, serves my purpose.ovdtogt

Surely my friend, we agree.
  • ovdtogt
    That is the second time you've agreed with me. Not something I am used on this forum. Most here think I am nuts.
  • Gus Lamarch
    Most here think I am nuts.ovdtogt

Different thoughts tend to make people angry. If they don't understand, why would they bother to do it?
  • ovdtogt
    Different thoughts tend to make people angry. If they don't understand, why bother to do it?Gus Lamarch

It is an attempt to escape loneliness and boredom. To survive I have had to be very selfish and that has left me very few friends. All I have are my ideas to keep me company. And all I am able to share are my ideas.
  • Gus Lamarch
    It is an attempt to escape loneliness and boredom.ovdtogt

I would say that this are sensations and emotions that society, the mass, wants you to be with, why? Because you think differently, you are not "more of the same".

To survive I have had to be very selfish and that has left me very few friends.ovdtogt

Same thing here, but i can only feel more happy, because they're the ones that can truly accept, and understand my philosophical thought.

All I have are my ideas to keep me company. And all I am able to share are my ideas.ovdtogt

And that what is all worth living, to "own life" and to shout out your own way of perceiving and comprehending the life you own. - Don't give attention to any opinion, unless it enlightens your already constructed one, that of your ego. -

I think that you would find my writings very interesting, even if in the end, you don't agree with everything.
  • Gus Lamarch
    "Tears wasted because of others, are not tears of a true mourning." - Gus Lamarch

It's not funny, when you find yourself in the situation, in the scenario where you end up saying goodbye to people, other beings you have been in contact with for a very short time, of only professional and social relationship, and in the end, in the farewell occasion, they, the others, end up in whimpers and howls of sadness, which to weak minds may seem of the purest and truest feeling of affection. People pour their deluge like it is the end of time, and they use beautiful phrases like: "We'll see each other again", "Keep in touch", "Our relationship won't change", etc.

Falsehoods! Affirmations that, in my view, are nothing but false promises, so that their last moments with others are prestigious. Every moment, everyone wants to be the center of all attention, "que e falso domine", and in those last moments with you, it seems that everything they did that was negative, falls away from their tears. Ah! A cleansing cry that brings lightness to the soul, or in the case of this nihilistic youth, to life.

Don't they seem to feel guilty? They feel a weight, a "necessity" that needs to be destroyed when the contact between you perishs. Doesn't that make you feel weird?

Among the sea of ​​unloving tears and hugs is me, the statue, the "egotist", unaffected by the waves of the red sea like Moses as he opened it.

"Is a small pair of followers close behind?" - You question yourself.

I answer you:

- No.

My followers have either perished during the search for true selfishness, or are already on the other side of the sea, just waiting for me, and waiting for the right moment, where they can shout to the world:

We were right!
  • Gus Lamarch
    "The affliction of the other egos is what keeps you from accepting your own." - Gus Lamarch

It is very comical, the case that I am constantly plagued by a feeling of emptiness inherent in the daily contacts that are forced upon me, and on others as well. Ever wonder what could cause this constant feeling of strangeness - That in the view of others, is of indifference - about everything and everyone, could that be because of the ego? Of a strong call for recognition of the common? If so, an "Negative Ego" would be forming.

In these thoughts full of figures and concepts, I can say that Nietzsche was mistaken, his mistake was to believe everything that his brilliant mind confided to him. Humans are not moved by the "Will to Power", for that same will is nothing more than the projection of the true nature - and which many discredit, and that in the end this disbelief is the fruit of itself - human, that of "Egoism".

You see, I do not deny that the greed for power is an invention, yes indeed it exists, and it can be proved by the study of human history and sociology, however, my point is that everyone is wrong to believe that behind it, there is nothing else, that she is not a mere puppet of some "God".
    Would you be devastated if the claim that your true nature is that of selfishness? If dear reader, you indeed has become afflicted, you're not being a good altruist!
  • Gus Lamarch
    "God is as flawed as he is, for he does not understand what it is to be human." - Gus Lamarch

It seems to me to have been very easy for "God" to give life to the whole creation, and right after that same committing a mere deviation from its plans, abandoning it. Does this prove that "God" is omnipotent? No, it just proves that one of your biggest weaknesses is resentment.
  • Gus Lamarch
    "Guide your ego through the farthest and roughest paths and deviations, so that in the end it may guide you along the path to your true purpose. Homo Sentiunt." - Gus Lamarch

Life always enchanting the paths it passes through, with the charms of growth, aggregation, and finally eternal solitude, but don't make it an amusement park where everything is possible and everyone who lives there smiles at you with amounts of happiness. Life for a long time - and still, this view endures today - is seen as a burden by some, as a brief moment of existence by others, but in my view both positions are wrong.
    They are wrong simply because they are already contaminated by the "virtuous" thought that it itself already has a purpose. Ah! What an empathetic naivete, the act of wanting everyone to be able for a brief moment, to feel embraced by hope, and that they need to never leave. " - The ancient Greeks would be shocked! - "
    Life, is but a cycle - if it suits you the "dogmatic scientific" answer - of reproductions of species, where the most apt to their environments flourishes, and to others, only death awaits them. But we, as thinking beings - who I judge as thinking beings - have the ability to differentiate, to question "God", to seek the Stoic maxim, to want to contradict "Mother Nature". - We have the ego to guide us -

Is it tragic the moment you pass?
    It seems like an impossible situation to reverse?

Dear fellow brother, fly, feel like you are owned by fate, and make yourself seen, and then shine as brightly as possible...
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.