• Jimmy
    Just like the Matrix.. Have you ever regretted taking the red pill and realised things are just too overwhelming to cope with especially when you've already got so much on your plate?
    People who are ignorantly bliss annoy me, but sometimes I envy them, yet I don't think I've regretted it until the last few weeks. Just a hiccup though.
  • Maw
    Just like the MatrixJimmy

The what?
  • BC
    I find references to the Matrix like it mattered to be extremely irritating. Stop it or you will be unplugged and will never be whelmed again!

Aside from that, a warm friendly welcome to The Philosophy Forum.
  • BC
    One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
    And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all
    Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall
    And if you go chasing rabbits, and you know you're going to fall
    Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar has given you the call
    And call Alice, when she was just small

When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go
    And you've just had some kind of mushroom, and your mind is moving low
    Go ask Alice, I think she'll know

When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
    And the white knight is talking backwards
    And the red queen's off with her head
    Remember what the dormouse said
    Feed your head, feed your head

White Rabbit by Grace Slick who, by the way, is is 80 years old, alive, and well (at least as of 2019)
  • joshua
    Have you ever regretted taking the red pillJimmy

In low moods, yes. In low low moods, yes yes. But the red pill offers good things too. It mixes well with other less metaphorical drugs. It also mixes well with creative inspiration, having a project. It does not mix well with certain other situations.

I associate the red pill in this context with reading lots of charismatic thinkers and then...
  • Caldwell
    The what?Maw

:grin:

I find references to the Matrix like it mattered to be extremely irritating.Bitter Crank

:grin:

Hello @Jimmy,
    Don't mind Maw and Bitter. That's their way of showing love. Mentioning Matrix or such references is frowned upon cause it's probably a lazy way of explaining yourself. The rest of us choose not to 'get it', for good reason. Just explain yourself.
  • Maw
    I don't know what that is
  • Baden

It's that movie where Tom Cruise has dreams within dreams and in the last dream he saves the galaxy but because of gravity his kids get really old and forget about him. Then he dies or something.
  • Shamshir
    Quite the opposite.
    It's not deep enough.
    I'm gonna need a bigger grave.
  • Hanover
    Just like the Matrix.. Have you ever regretted taking the red pill and realised things are just too overwhelming to cope with especially when you've already got so much on your plate?
    People who are ignorantly bliss annoy me, but sometimes I envy them, yet I don't think I've regretted it until the last few weeks. Just a hiccup though.
    Jimmy

I actually took what I thought was the red pill, but I was in a false reality and was tricked into taking the blue pill instead, so that's what happened to me, but I could be wrong because I took the blue pill unless maybe I took the red pill. It's hard to know. Maybe I didn't even take a pill come to think of it.

Anyway, I totally see where you're coming from. I hate the hiccups. Holding my breath never really works, but I found that if you drink orange juice real fast, it'll get rid of them. There's also the possibility that I mentioned orange juice only because it has a color and we've been talking about blue and red already.
  • Hanover
    Quite the opposite.
    It's not deep enough.
    I'm gonna need a bigger grave.
    Shamshir

I heard this song once that I can't locate now, but it was this trailer park looking guy singing (think Kid Rock, just less sophisticated) and the hook of the song was that he wanted to be buried face down so the world could kiss his ass. I thought of that when I saw the word "grave," so I thought I'd share.
  • Shamshir
    Thank you Hanover, very cool!
  • S
    One pill makes you largerBitter Crank

The blue pill, right?
  • Hanover
    The blue pill, right?S

I think the blue pill gives you relentless erections. I'd look at the bottle first because if you were hoping for some sort of trippy alternate reality experience but instead are left alone in painful arousal, it'll be a bummer.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.