• fdrake
    ABCDEFG

There's a bug in the parser, something surrounded by square braces which begins with b, i, u, s will be interpreted as the corresponding to bold/italic/underline/strikethrough tags. Thus the remainder of the text in the square bracket will not be part of the post output. First line of this post demonstrates the bug. Mods/admins can view it through post edit if required.

Work arounds:

• Don't use square brackets. Use () {} instead.
    • Don't make the first character of a square bracket b,i,s or u.

For non-mods, the first line is below, but remove all ".".
    [.b oop]A[.i oop]B[.s oop]C[.u oop]D[./u oop]E[./s oop]F[./i oop]G[./b oop]
  • Jamal
    Well spotted. Not such a big problem, I wouldn't think (how did you uncover it?). We don't have direct access to the code to implement a fix, and there are several things that would take priority, but I guess I could mention it next time I send the devs a list of feature requests.
  • fdrake

@Sam26 found it in one of his posts. I pissed about with it for a while and replicated/generalised it.

Thanks to Sam26 for clocking it.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.