• jorndoe
    I was just posting some text with unicode characters in it, thumbs up and thumbs down (links below).
    For some reason the two characters messed the text up, which might be worth reporting to the owners of the forum code.

Other characters, like mdash, arrows, and such, seems to be fine.

Thumbs up (128077): http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/1F44D/index.htm
    Thumbs down (128078): http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/1f44e/index.htm

They can, however, be inserted as small images, by using Y and N in round brackets (below), so they're not missing as such, the unicode characters just mess up posts containing them.

Thumbs up using markup: (Y)
    Thumbs down using markup: (N)
  • Pierre-Normand
    I wonder if other users experienced this. When I select some portion of a message that I want to reply to, there appears a floating button labelled "Quote". The normal behavior when I click on that button is that the selected text then automatically is copied in the edit box below, properly tagged. The trouble is that this button often doesn't work. When I click on it, the selected text gets deselected but nothing gets copied below. I have to re-select the text and click again on the "Select" button. Sometimes it works on the first or second try. Something on the 20th try. I've no idea why it works sometimes and most of the time not.
  • jorndoe
    Weird. For a bit I've had this showing up when logging in:

uviztpqzzetd186e.jpg

But there isn't anything new in the Inbox. What gives?
  • Sir2u
    I am have problems with the quote function again. Last time after a couple of days it went away, but now it seems as though it is here to stay.

I can select the text and the quote button appears but in the right hand upper corner. When I click on it nothings happens.

Anyone got any ideas how to fix it?
  • Sir2u
    OK, thanks if someone found the problem and fixed it for me, but now it works again, so if no one did anything then I guess I should just give a nod to Murphy, but if you did fix it for me I am grateful even if I still don't really understand anything about why it happens, or whether it will happen again sometime, which I hope it doesn't because it can be a real pain.

Oh yeah, thanks.
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.