• Wayfarer
    Yes that bloke who used to chalk Eternity on the footpath is long gone. Mind you they show it during the NYE Fireworlks now, but only for a few moments. Then it’s gone.
  • Banno
    Then it’s gone.Wayfarer

I guess that works.
  • Banno
    Dad told stories of building boats of tin and tar and rowing with four brothers under the near-completed coat hanger. That's transcendent.
  • Wayfarer
    For those with the eyes to see it (god bless ‘em :-) )
  • Shawn
    Seems like the above discussion is a repeat of what would have been said in relation to Bush being president some years back.
  • Metaphysician Undercover
    There can be few things as frightening as watching a great nation crumble.Banno

It had already started when they turned their thumbs down to Transcendentalism, which was in many ways a response to degradation in progress. Perhaps they ought to go back and revisit.

What to you, qualifies as "a great nation"?
  • magdaangel
    The topic is still popular. I wrote a book on it and thousands of people have chosen to walk this spiritual path. Buddha had 'the eightfold path,' and Plato had 'the fourfold path.' This is a journey of transcendence that all truth seekers must take to discover enlightenment.
  • Shawn
    The topic is still popular. I wrote a book on it and thousands of people have chosen to walk this spiritual path. Buddha had 'the eightfold path,' and Plato had 'the fourfold path.' This is a journey of transcendence that all truth seekers must take to discover enlightenment.magdaangel

Please share some thoughts on the matter. Thanks.
  • Wayfarer
    Looks great! Are you relation to Arthur, by any chance? :smile:
  • magdaangel
    Thanks! I'm not related to Arthur.
12Next
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.