• Wayfarer
    The difference between seditious conspiracy and insurrection is unimportant to the case.
  • Michael
    People coerce others.NOS4A2

How? What have the judges done to coerce the secretary?
  • Wayfarer
    Note the specific charge against Trump, 'comforting an insurrection', which exactly parallels the expression in the 14th Amendment clause.

If you don't see, it's not because it isn't there, but because you have chosen to be willfully blind, like other members of the Trump cult. I don't know why anyone bothers responding to you, and I certainly no longer will.
  • NOS4A2

They’ve ordered her to remove Trump from the ballot.
  • Michael
    They’ve ordered her to remove Trump from the ballot.NOS4A2

And their orders are just words. Therefore, if their orders have coerced her then their words have coerced her, which according to you is impossible.
  • NOS4A2

No one has been charged with insurrection. You can’t pretend two different crimes are the same. I’m sorry you can’t get past that. Good riddance.
  • NOS4A2

And their orders are just words. Therefore, of their orders have coerced her then their words have coerced her, which according to you is impossible.

I didn’t say their orders coerced her. Words cannot coerce. Words cannot order. Words cannot do what you keep trying to pretend they do. I said they ordered her.
  • Michael
    I didn’t say their orders coerced her.NOS4A2

You: People coerce others.
    Me: What have the judges done to coerce the secretary?
    You: They’ve ordered her to remove Trump from the ballot.

Make up your mind. You're tying yourself in knots trying to defend your indefensible position.
  • NOS4A2

Are people orders now? I don’t get what I’m supposed to be making my mind up about.
  • Michael
    Are people orders now?NOS4A2

Me: What have the judges done to coerce the secretary?
    You: They’ve ordered her to remove Trump from the ballot.

If your response doesn't answer my question then I'm still waiting on an answer.
  • NOS4A2

Me: They’ve ordered her to remove Trump from the ballot.

You: And their orders are just words. Therefore, if their orders have coerced her then their words have coerced her, which according to you is impossible.
  • Michael

Yes, thanks for repeating the nonsense.

The hypocrisy in your claim that the court saying things is an act of coercion but that Trump saying things can't be an act of influence is laughable.

This is what happens when you will do anything to refuse to admit that Trump is in the wrong.
  • AmadeusD
    Me: They’ve ordered her to remove Trump from the ballot.

You: And their orders are just words. Therefore, if their orders have coerced her then their words have coerced her, which according to you is impossible.
    NOS4A2

Fwiw, this is incoherent. The words have no coercive power. The threat of losing his/her job might. But that's not on the judge/s by the other commenter's account.
  • NOS4A2

Do orders order, commands command, according to you?
  • Michael
    Do orders order, commands command, according to you?NOS4A2

Obviously.
  • Michael
    Trump recorded pressuring Wayne County canvassers not to certify 2020 vote

More evidence of his direct involvement in an illegal scheme to defraud the election.
  • NOS4A2

Humans don’t command or order, then, only their words do?
  • NOS4A2

Fwiw, this is incoherent. The words have no coercive power. The threat of losing his/her job might. But that's not on the judge/s by the other commenter's account.

Why would she lose her job?
  • Michael
    Humans don’t command or order, then, only their words do?NOS4A2

Humans command by using words, just like humans kill by using a gun.

And Trump influenced his cult by using his words.
  • NOS4A2

Right, humans command. Humans order. But you believe commands command and orders order. I’m just trying to wade through the magical thinking here.
  • AmadeusD
    If she contravenes a court order and adds Trump to the ballot...??
  • Michael
    But you believe commands command and orders order.NOS4A2

Yes, just as guns kill.

I’m just trying to wade through the magical thinking here.NOS4A2

It's not magic, it's common sense. The problem is that your position is nonsense.
  • NOS4A2

Right, I was just making sure.
  • NOS4A2

Guns are murderers now. Commands are commanders. We have a little fantasyland going on here.
  • schopenhauer1
    I don't see why he's fighting to be on any ballot considering he's already told us the elections are rigged. Why does he want to enter a contest where he knows the result is already decided against him? It seems more fair that he be cheated early by the Colorado courts than to force him through the time and expense to just be cheated later by the vote counters.Hanover

:lol:

If he loses it’s rigged, if he wins it’s just.
  • Michael
    Guns are murderers now.NOS4A2

I said that guns kill, not that guns are murderers. If I said that drowning kills then would you interpret that as me saying that water is a murderer?
  • NOS4A2

Sorry, guns are killers now. I wonder how they get away with it.
  • Michael
    Sorry, guns are killers now. I wonder how they get away with it.NOS4A2

I said that guns kill, not that guns are killers. If I said that downing kills then would you interpret that as me saying that water is a killer?
  • NOS4A2

I suppose then that guns shoot people? Lock them up!
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.