• Mikie
    You know who else was persecuted? Jesus.

Makes you think…
  • Benkei
    also had a cult following that believed all his bullshit.
  • unenlightened
    Dogma warning: Donald is not Jesus.
  • Mikie

:scream:

Dogma warning: Donald is not Jesus.unenlightened

Yeah, I’m just not so sure about that.
  • frank
    Can we crucify him?
  • ssu
    Dogma warning: Donald is not Jesus.unenlightened

A God-Emperor isn't Jesus.

screen-shot-2019-02-19-at-1.04.25-pm.png?width=1200
    trumpemperor.jpg
  • Pierre-Normand
    A God-Emperor isn't Jesus.ssu

Where can we buy those new NFTs?
  • ssu
    Can we crucify him?frank
    Assuming you will chant then that "His blood be upon us and on our children". Or something on that line.

Where can we buy those new NFTs?Pierre-Normand
    Google it!
  • NOS4A2
    Trump’s a folk devil. The scapegoating has become so bad that his opponents’ behavior has led to the state of the world we now see today.
  • frank
    Trump’s a folk devil. The scapegoating has become so bad that his opponents’ behavior has led to the state of the world we now see today.NOS4A2

I know, people being prosecuted for breaking the law. It's terrible.
  • frank
    Assuming you will chant then that "His blood be upon us and on our children". Or something on that line.ssu

I don't advocate execution, by the way.
  • Mikie
    Trump. The cause of, and solution to, the world’s problems.

Random Trump quote, just for fun:

It's like in golf... A lot of people - I don't want this to sound trivial - but a lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive... it's weird. You see these great players with these really long putters, because they can't sink three-footers anymore. And, I hate it. I am a traditionalist. I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist.
  • Mikie
    The details in the indictment make it clear that Mr. Trump knew that he was not authorized to keep national security secrets in his possession and that he played a cat-and-mouse game to conceal them from the F.B.I. and other federal officials. At one point he suggested his lawyer take some documents to his hotel room and “pluck” out anything really bad, the indictment says. “Wouldn’t it be better if we just told them we don’t have anything here?” he asked his lawyers. He added, “Well, look, isn’t it better if there are no documents?” Meanwhile, he instructed his lawyers to falsely inform federal investigators that they had cooperated fully.

With these actions, the former president demonstrated once again his contempt for the rule of law, his disregard for America’s national security and his mockery of the oath he took to support and defend the Constitution.
    — NY Times

How could the Great Man do any wrong? It’s not like he has a history of lying and conning. Doesn’t seem to be something he’d do.
  • RogueAI
    https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2019/donald-j-trump-pays-court-ordered-2-million-illegally-using-trump-foundation

https://abcnews.go.com/US/judge-finalizes-25-million-settlement-victims-donald-trumps/story?id=54347237

What did you think would happen when you boarded the Trump Train? Did you think it would end well? Like the Scorpion said to the Frog, "You knew I was poison when I got on your back."

I think now you're just trolling people here to get a rise out of them.
  • NOS4A2

I thought he would be president awhile and that would be the end of it. But his opponents took a piece of Clinton campaign disinformation and conspiracy theory and other lies to the top of the federal government, spreading it worldwide, destroying any chance at diplomacy between two now warring countries.
  • RogueAI
    I thought he would be president awhile and that would be the end of it.NOS4A2

That would have been the end of it, after he lost in 2020, but the GOP went nuts with the stolen election crap, and now he's the GOP frontrunner.
  • NOS4A2

Good. It’s no surprise, then, that his opponents are abusing power to keep him out of it.

If a cabal of corporate and activist interests didn’t work behind the scene to alter election laws, subverting democracy under the nose of American citizens, there might not have been such a reaction.
  • praxis
    One thing Trump did manage to do while in office was big tax cuts and deregulations for corporate America, but for some reason they still wanted him out of office?
  • NOS4A2

They were threatened by rioting activist groups, who for all of 2020 burned a lot of their property to the ground, for some reason.
  • praxis

Right, that must be the “behind the scene” activists work you mentioned.
  • NOS4A2

That’s the one.

There was a conspiracy unfolding behind the scenes, one that both curtailed the protests and coordinated the resistance from CEOs. Both surprises were the result of an informal alliance between left-wing activists and business titans. The pact was formalized in a terse, little-noticed joint statement of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and AFL-CIO published on Election Day. Both sides would come to see it as a sort of implicit bargain–inspired by the summer’s massive, sometimes destructive racial-justice protests–in which the forces of labor came together with the forces of capital to keep the peace and oppose Trump’s assault on democracy.

https://time.com/5936036/secret-2020-election-campaign/
  • NOS4A2
    Not only that but many of Trump’s legal losses are not the result of him committing crimes, but the result of anti-Trump lawmakers creating and altering laws to get him.

For instance, New York Senator Brad Hoylman-Sigal is the one who signed into law the Adult Survivors Act, which gave that woman a one-year window to sue Trump over allegations long past their statute of limitations. He also did many others, aimed specifically at one man. So some victims of gaslighting can pretend Trump is losing, and not that the system is being rigged in a fashion that can only be described as persecution.

https://www.cityandstateny.com/politics/2023/04/ny-bills-specifically-targeted-donald-trump/384793/
  • RogueAI
    Not only that but many of Trump’s legal losses are not the result of him committing crimes, but the result of anti-Trump lawmakers creating and altering laws to get him.NOS4A2

Did you actually read the indictment, or listen to analysis of it?
  • praxis

They fended off voter-suppression lawsuits, recruited armies of poll workers and got millions of people to vote by mail for the first time. They successfully pressured social media companies to take a harder line against disinformation and used data-driven strategies to fight viral smears. They executed national public-awareness campaigns that helped Americans understand how the vote count would unfold over days or weeks, preventing Trump’s conspiracy theories and false claims of victory from getting more traction.

I was thinking it would sound more nefarious.
  • NOS4A2

It is nefarious. Recall that true information was suppressed in the lead up to the election.
  • creativesoul
    The government has records, I would hope, of classified information aside from the actual documents marked and recorded as such. If that is the case, then a careful review of the recovered records would be easy enough to determine which documents he took and did something with and/or remain missing...

NOS is a chatbot
  • NOS4A2

I thought I was a Russian bot. I see we’ve expanded the goalposts a bit.
  • praxis
    Recall that true information was suppressed in the lead up to the election.NOS4A2

What info and how was it suppressed?
bold
italic
underline
strike
code
ulist
url
mention
reveal
youtube
tweet
Add a Comment

Welcome to The Philosophy Forum!

Get involved in philosophical discussions about knowledge, truth, language, consciousness, science, politics, religion, logic and mathematics, art, history, and lots more. No ads, no clutter, and very little agreement — just fascinating conversations.